NBA 2022-2023 Season Thread

Mitch Cumsteen

Slightly clearer than mud now in the West. Lakers (Utah) and Warriors (Por) will win tomorrow. So the outcome of Phx/LAC will determine who is the 5 and who is the 6. I guess?? I would expect Phoenix to sit everyone being locked in and thinking they would rather play PG-less Clippers than the Warriors? Clippers will have to play to win because Golden State and Lakers are playing at the same time and will be playing to win. Most likely in my mind Clippers 5 seed, Warriors 6, Lakers 7, Wolves 8, Pels 9

Preview of Clippers/Warriors tomorrow

19 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I don't think being in the play-in tournament should count as "making the playoffs." Make the 7/8 seed and that works, but 9/10 should not be considered playoffs.

Fair point.  I thought it was cheese at first but it's eliminated some (not all) of the tanking.  

There seems to be less tanking than in years past and maybe that's one of the reasons why.

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

The Blazers pretty much have to lose to the warriors. They could drop up to 3 spots with a w.

Bet the house…

Warriors are 17 point favorites. No way I'm laying 17 points in an NBA game. Warriors will probably be up 20+ in the 3rd and pull everyone.

Warriors are 17 point favorites. No way I'm laying 17 points in an NBA game. Warriors will probably be up 20+ in the 3rd and pull everyone.

Blazers tried this stunt Vs Minnesota and we blew it per usual.

They’re gonna court nba players looking for job security for next year and beyond. Anything but a gimme. Stay far away from it haha

Looks like the SSKyrie has sunk another franchise. Real shame that he’ll have to spend the remainder of his career just trying his best to keep from falling right off the map. 

Dallas you got what you deserved. If for some horrific reason my guys in the Purple and Gold pursue this cretin for next season we will also get what we deserve by employing him. I hope he winds up his career playing in Shanghai or in a backcourt in the Philippines with Manny Pacquiao running the point.

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Blazers tried this stunt Vs Minnesota and we blew it per usual.

They’re gonna court nba players looking for job security for next year and beyond. Anything but a gimme. Stay far away from it haha

Blazers are dangerous. I watched Drew Eubanks chip in 23/9 and 5 blocks the other night against the Spurs - and Kevin Knox had a scorching 24 off the bench. Warriors need to watch out.

Is MNlonghorn still defending this trade?  Set the franchise back at least a couple of years, and maybe Ant, long-term…

I haven’t defended in a while. Season went pear shaped when towns went down. That said Rudy’s had his moments but he also had some bad games. Looking back if I had a do over I’d say bad trade. But here we are

21 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

"Blew it big time" is pretty harsh. NOP/MIN was close all game, and it concluded a few minutes after their game. Nothing they could do. Possible elimination after two play-in games--one of them against the hated Lakers--is a worse fate than being an easy out for Phoenix...

Probably.

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I haven’t defended in a while. Season went pear shaped when towns went down. That said Rudy’s had his moments but he also had some bad games. Looking back if I had a do over I’d say bad trade. But here we are

It's like Mary Todd Lincoln said, "If I had a do over I'd say bad play."

• Haha 1

99.9999% of the world doesn’t have to look back at and do over that Gobert trade. We knew it was a top 10 worst trade in history as it happened. Everyone hates the Jazz, and Minnesota is going to stock their war chest. Thanks Twolves!

2026 can’t come fast enough for the t-wolves….

Kind of funny that Miami won their division, but will end up in as the 7th seed in the play-in tournament.  Thank god they got rid of that rule that gave teams a top 4 seed if they won their division.  
I kind of wish the NFL would go this route and just seed every seed based on records but then if you do that, what's the point of divisions at all? Don't even have them.

I kind of wish the NFL would go this route and just seed every seed based on records but then if you do that, what's the point of divisions at all? Don't even have them.

Divisions mean 4 guaranteed games in the schedule. Then I’m not sure how they fill out the rest since there’s a number of teams you’ll only play 3 times in your conference.But for actual standings, espn and nba.com go right to the conference standings which is what obviously matters most.

Agree about the nfl. Teams shouldn’t be penalized based on their cities location and be forced to travel despite having a better record.

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

.3244bd1d09ed5d3988f367494ecfd5b4.jpg

??????

Damion Lillard signs $176M deal to eat every meal for the rest of his career at Romano's Macaroni Grill. also Damian Lillard: "i dont have much of an appetite for italian food."

this guy really gets on my nerves. "i don't want to chase titles, i'm not a ring chaser that's not me. also, i want this organization to give me all the money they have to spend on players. also, i want to play on a competitive team, because i don't really like not competing for titles."

jesus christ. score your empty buckets, swim in your scrooge mcduck style money room, and stfu. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

??????

Damion Lillard signs $176M deal to eat every meal for the rest of his career at Romano's Macaroni Grill. also Damian Lillard: "i dont have much of an appetite for italian food."

this guy really gets on my nerves. "i don't want to chase titles, i'm not a ring chaser that's not me. also, i want this organization to give me all the money they have to spend on players. also, i want to play on a competitive team, because i don't really like not competing for titles."

jesus christ. score your empty buckets, swim in your scrooge mcduck style money room, and stfu. 

I mean, Portland was the 5th worst team in the NBA this year. Some of the blame can be put on Dame sure but still might be time for a divorce. 

Lillard likes to smell his own farts like most superstars, but think Dame had a point about the devaluing of the regular season. Sure the playoffs are where legends are made but as a fan I kind of enjoy the regular season! It's interesting when a guy like Dame can drop 70 points and not just be the 2nd or 3rd option on some loaded team when he was in his prime.

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Agree about the nfl. Teams shouldn’t be penalized based on their cities location and be forced to travel despite having a better record.

It can be a wash because when an NFL division winner isn’t top 4 in the conference (9-8 record, 10-7, whatever), it could be that division was crappy and they were the king of the midgets, but it could also be that the division is tough and has parity, and those 4 teams beat up on each other. In the case of the latter, it’s not right to punish that division leader for playing 6/17 games against tough opponents when/if the other division winner had no competition and rolled to 13 or 14 wins while some rando second place team squeaked by with 10 wins. If you want reseeding for playoffs, you might as well abolish divisions altogether and have random conference-wide schedules.