2023 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

Yeah the kid fucked up, but with what the lions have done in free agency, I will be PISSED if they pass on Jalen Carter at 6. They have a solid foundation now, bring in a dude that could have been the number one overall pick. If he busts yeah it sucks but its almost a luxury pick at this point with what the lions have done in FA. Then they have the 18th pick and 2 second rounders to add more depth. 

It is insane that I actually have confidence in this lions team for the first time since Barry walked away (maybe a little hope in Megatrons 2nd-4th years) but this seems legit. 

The Raiders took Jalen Carter off their board. Something about previous first round picks having issues with drinking and street racing.  

Yeah that is a tough one. You would think (hope) that he would learn a lesson from watching a teammate and coach die. But who knows these days

4 hours ago, Juicy said:

Yeah that is a tough one. You would think (hope) that he would learn a lesson from watching a teammate and coach die. But who knows these days

I’m sure the Lions taking him high in the draft and giving him a shitload of money would really help him learn that lesson. 

• Like 1

I’m sure the Lions taking him high in the draft and giving him a shitload of money would really help him learn that lesson. 

Hahaha good point.

I was thinking more from the holy shit my friend is dead. Probably don’t want to do that again. Lesson.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:10 AM, Juicy said:

Yeah the kid fucked up, but with what the lions have done in free agency, I will be PISSED if they pass on Jalen Carter at 6. They have a solid foundation now, bring in a dude that could have been the number one overall pick. If he busts yeah it sucks but its almost a luxury pick at this point with what the lions have done in FA. Then they have the 18th pick and 2 second rounders to add more depth. 

It is insane that I actually have confidence in this lions team for the first time since Barry walked away (maybe a little hope in Megatrons 2nd-4th years) but this seems legit. 

Your team is coached by a full-blown, redass aggie. He will fuck it up just about every time you think you guys are turning a corner. No one in the NFL has a bigger interest in pulling the bookshelf on top of themselves than Dan Campbell. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Your team is coached by a full-blown, redass aggie. He will fuck it up just about every time you think you guys are turning a corner. No one in the NFL has a bigger interest in pulling the bookshelf on top of themselves than Dan Campbell. 

If they draft him, you know his first day will look like this.

image.gif.1274a8e8ab4af87481ec0000f9def2b0.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'm slightly surprised by the lack of chest beating from aggy on Dan Campbell. You'd think they'd remind us daily of their sitting NFL coach. 

They will only do that when momma calls him home from a historic(ly bad) nfl franchise.

Dane Brugler from the Athletic released his draft guide, The Beast: https://theathletic.com/4387692/2023/04/10/nfl-draft-mock-the-beast-dane-brugler/

Texas players:

• Bijan Robinson at #6 on the big board (top 100), RB1. First round grade.
  • Roschon Johnson #91 on the top 100, RB7. 3rd round grade.
  • Moro Ojomo is DT14 with a 4th-5th round grade. 
  • Keondre Coburn is DT17 with a 5th-6th round grade. Projected as a solid nose tackle whose ceiling is limited by his lack of length.
  • Demarvion Overshown is LB8 with a 3rd-4th round grade. Projected as a role player as a rushing/dropping LB in certain packages.
  • D'shawn Jamison is CB35 and the top priority free agent. 
  • Jahleel Billingsley listed as a priority free agent — evaluation is basically "tons of red flags, but has all the athleticism needed for the NFL." One interesting tidbit in the description is that an NFL scout said he left the team after coming back from his suspension because "he wore out his welcome" at Texas.
  • Anthony Cook, Danny Trejo and Tarique Milton not mentioned.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

Dane Brugler from the Athletic released his draft guide, The Beast: https://theathletic.com/4387692/2023/04/10/nfl-draft-mock-the-beast-dane-brugler/

Texas players:

• Keondre Coburn is DT17 with a 5th-6th round grade. Projected as a solid nose tackle whose ceiling is limited by his lack of length.
  • Demarvion Overshown is LB8 with a 3rd-4th round grade. Projected as a role player as a rushing/dropping LB in certain packages.
  • Jahleel Billingsley listed as a priority free agent — evaluation is basically "tons of red flags, but has all the athleticism needed for the NFL." One interesting tidbit in the description is that an NFL scout said he left the team after coming back from his suspension because "he wore out his welcome" at Texas.

I figured Coburn might get a little better grade than that. As a run plugging NT he is a beast. Perfect for a 3-4 scheme. 

6 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Texas players:

I’m curious to see how many Day 2 picks we get. I think RoJo will go Day 2. Not sure about any others. Maybe a team falls in love with DMO, but he has a ton of bad tape, even last year. 

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I figured Coburn might get a little better grade than that. As a run plugging NT he is a beast. Perfect for a 3-4 scheme. 

I could see a team liking his upside and going higher than 5th or 6th. When Coburn was in shape and locked in (2019 and 2022), he was extremely good and offers some pass rush from the inside. 

On 4/10/2023 at 5:16 PM, LTtxfan said:

I don’t see Bijan dropping to 27. Some team is going to fall in love with him. If the Cowboys (or anyone else) want him I think they’ll need to trade their pick into the late teens/early 20s. 

On 4/10/2023 at 5:18 PM, LTtxfan said:

May just be my tech bias, but Tyree Wilson at #6 just seems like he has a high bust probability... 🤔

I see lots of upside and plenty of room to be a bust. Anderson is closer to his ceiling and Wilson may actually wind up being a better player. Or we can’t remember his name 5 years from now. 

When is the NFL draft 2023? 

Day 1:  The 1st Rd will begin at 8 p.m. EST on Thursday, April 27.

Day 2:  The 2nd and 3rd Rd will be held Friday, April 28, beginning at 7 p.m. EST.

Day 3:  Rd 4 through Rd 7 will be held Saturday, April 29, beginning at noon EST. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, DougO said:

Some shithead will draft him in the sixth or seventh round. It will probably be Jerry.

UFA pick up of Stetson Bennett by the Ravens might be an option since Todd Monken is now their new OC.  But a 26yr old rookie with an attitude problem, probably doesn't get drafted...

Stetson wreaks of Johnny Manziel personality flaws.

NFL teams reportedly have non-football issues with Stetson Bennett, Georgia QB could go undrafted

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-teams-reportedly-have-non-football-issues-with-stetson-bennett-georgia-qb-could-go-undrafted/ar-AA19RV9j

On 4/13/2023 at 3:22 PM, UncleSonny said:

I don’t see Bijan dropping to 27. Some team is going to fall in love with him. If the Cowboys (or anyone else) want him I think they’ll need to trade their pick into the late teens/early 20s. 

Yeah, there's no way that's gonna happen.  The only way Dallas is getting him is by trading up.

I think Bijan goes at 10 to Eagles. The fucking eagles.

It’s being said that there are only three solid potential superstars in this draft class: Bryce Young, Bijan, and will Anderson. I don’t think young’s size is an issue if he gets a good o line. Bijan is hurt by position undervaluing which is stupid as he’s locked up on a cheap deal for five years; only second contracts on RBs is a problem. Will Anderson might be the best player.

Jalen Carter was there before his wreck and his poor fat boy performance at his pro day. He’ll still go high.

Matt Miller's final 7 round mock is out - here is where he has Texas players going:

Round 1:

21. Chargers - Bijan Robinson

Round 3:

90.  Cowboys - Roschon Johnson

Round 4:

128.  Giants - Keondre Coburn

Round 5:

143.  Jets - Moro Ojomo

162.  Colts - Demarvion Overshown

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/36253479/2023-nfl-mock-draft-seven-round-predictions-259-picks-12-quarterbacks-matt-miller

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Matt Miller's final 7 round mock is out - here is where he has Texas players going:

Round 1:

21. Chargers - Bijan Robinson

Round 3:

90.  Cowboys - Roschon Johnson

Round 4:

128.  Giants - Keondre Coburn

Round 5:

143.  Jets - Moro Ojomo

162.  Colts - Demarvion Overshown

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/36253479/2023-nfl-mock-draft-seven-round-predictions-259-picks-12-quarterbacks-matt-miller

I don’t think there’s any way Bijan lasts until 21, and all the other guys are at least one round too early. And I think we would be lucky to have 5 draft picks. 

Edited by Porterhouse

It's Draft Week... starts Thursday Night !!!

Yikes, Bijan goes to New England in this mock draft...

2023 NFL Mock Draft: Draft Week Is Here!

Jaime Eisner          April 23, 2023

The 2023 NFL Draft is just days away.  In this exercise, I put together my latest predictive mock draft based on the information I’ve heard, reports from people I trust, and research. While my final predictive mock draft will drop the night before the draft, this is my best guess as of now.

2023 NFL Mock Draft

1. Carolina Panthers (via CHI)

Bryce Young QB, Alabama

I feel very confident this will be the first pick announced on Thursday night in Kansas City. Despite speculation to the contrary, C.J. Stroud was never the runaway favorite to be the No. 1 pick inside Carolina’s organization—he was simply in contention like the other top options. Apparently, Bryce Young’s Pro Day really tipped the scales in his favor, with reports that his arm strength was a pleasant surprise to the Panthers.

2. Minnesota Vikings (via HOU)

Will Levis QB, Kentucky

*Trade*

Surprise! You may have seen the betting odds change for the No. 2 overall pick on Saturday, with Will Levis becoming the odds-on favorite. But I don’t think that’s because the Texans are taking him. I’ve heard loud rumblings that Minnesota is very active in trying to trade up for a quarterback and I think they will pull off a blockbuster here. Levis will succeed Kirk Cousins after the Vikings chose not to extend the latter beyond this season. There is a major disconnect between how fans and those inside the NFL view Will Levis. Don’t get me wrong, there are several people in the NFL who are uninterested in drafting Levis this high, but there are plenty who believe he is absolutely worth the cost with the upside to be the best passer in the class when it’s all said and done.

3. Arizona Cardinals

Tyree Wilson EDGE, Texas Tech

I don’t know if the Cardinals are overplaying their hand, are undecided on whether or not they want to take the top defensive player on their board, or a little bit of both. But if a team does jump them to move up to No. 2, I’m not sure how robust the market will be for another team to pay the price to move up. I don’t want to project something that has never happened before—quarterbacks going 1-2-3-4 to start the draft—so Arizona sticks and picks here. There is plenty of momentum for Tyree Wilson to be the first defensive player on the board and I can see the Cardinals’ regime falling in love with Wilson’s pass-rush upside.

4. Indianapolis Colts

Anthony Richardson QB, Florida

I firmly believe the Colts had their sights set on Will Levis, but their fan base gets its preferred option in Anthony Richardson. Richardson blew everyone away with his athleticism at the NFL Scouting Combine. I think Richardson being paired with Shane Steichen is a great fit for both the player and coach.

5. Seattle Seahawks (via DEN)

Will Anderson Jr. EDGE, Alabama

The top five of this NFL mock draft is the dream scenario for the Seahawks. The best player in the class falls into their lap at No. 5 and they rush to the podium to make the pick. Will Anderson Jr. is a great fit in Seattle, addresses an area of need, and continues to build up the Seahawks’ young defensive corps.

6. Detroit Lions

Devon Witherspoon CB, Illinois

I really do believe general manager Brad Holmes when he says he doesn’t feel pressure to draft a quarterback right now. Jared Goff played perfectly fine last season and I think the Lions will look to add instant starters with their first-round picks instead. Devon Witherspoon played a lot of man coverage in college and the Lions played a ton of man coverage last season. Consider Witherspoon a plug-and-play starter.

7. Las Vegas Raiders

Christian Gonzalez CB, Oregon

The Raiders need more cornerback help and they get one of the top two options here. Christian Gonzalez is a great combination of size and skill who should fit in quite well in Patrick Graham’s defensive scheme. While C.J. Stroud was in consideration here, I think Las Vegas is fine with Jimmy Garoppolo starting in 2023 and 2024.

8. Atlanta Falcons

Jalen Carter IDL, Georgia

Atlanta has a plethora of potential options here, from OL1 to a quarterback to Bijan Robinson. However, I think they take a nearby talent in Georgia’s Jalen Carter. Just a few months ago, Carter was being discussed as the potential No. 1 overall pick, but an… um… less-than-ideal start to 2023 has muddied Carter’s draft stock. Still, Carter is a tremendous football talent and a blue-clip addition to Atlanta’s defensive line.

9. Chicago Bears (via CAR)

Darnell Wright OT, Tennessee

Darnell Wright is a player who the league is higher on than many draft analysts—he’s got a real shot to be the OT1 in this class on Thursday night. The Bears’ interest in Wright is real, so much so that they may avoid the temptation to trade back again to ensure they land him here before the offensive line run starts

10. Philadelphia Eagles (via NO)

Paris Johnson Jr. OT, Ohio State

The Eagles have shown plenty of interest in Paris Johnson Jr. and you can never have too much depth along the offensive line. Johnson Jr. might need to start at RG to begin his career—he played there for Ohio State in 2021—but is the long-term successor to Lane Johnson at right tackle.

11. Tennessee Titans

C.J. Stroud QB, Ohio State

C.J. Stroud’s draft stock has been on a roller-coaster ride for the last couple of months. After being installed as the betting favorite to go No. 1 overall when the Panthers traded up from No. 9 to No. 1 with the Bears, some less-than-ideal leaks and reports have emerged. When push comes to shove, I can see Mike Vrabel—who has as much power as he’s ever had in the organization—going back to his Ohio State roots to find out anything and everything he needs to know about Stroud to feel comfortable enough making this pick to nab his quarterback of the future.

12. Houston Texans (via CLE)

Nolan Smith EDGE, Georgia

Trading out of the No. 2 spot means passing on the top EDGE players on the board, but they can still land a high-upside option here. Nolan Smith is an impactful player against the run and pass and a leader DeMeco Ryans would love to have in his locker room. I expect Smith to grow with the Texans’ defense and will soon become an all-downs type of disruptor.

13. New York Jets

Broderick Jones OT, Georgia

The Jets must add to the offensive line and can’t rely on Mekhi Becton to be a starter until he proves otherwise. Broderick Jones is TDN’s top-rated offensive lineman and a true stud who can play LT from the jump.

14. New England Patriots

Bijan Robinson RB, Texas

Finding a landing spot for Bijan Robinson isn’t as easy as you’d think it would be for a player of his caliber. He’s in play for the Falcons at No. 8—and I almost put him there—but I’m not convinced the Falcons will pass up a defensive player with that pick. So what about the Patriots? There’s rumored interest and Bill Belichick is kind of an old-school guy who sticks to his grades no matter what. With so few projected first-round-graded players, it’s quite possible Robinson will be the top player on the board when New England is on the clock.

15. Green Bay Packers

Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR, Ohio State

Part of me hates projecting any sort of pass-catcher to Green Bay until I see this Packers regime actually pick one this early, but there are too many things to like here. Green Bay needs more weapons for new starter Jordan Love and Jaxon Smith-Njigba brings a dynamic skill set currently lacking in the Packers’ receiver room. There are some whispers linking Smith-Njigba to the Packers as well.

16. Washington Commanders

Deonte Banks CB, Maryland

Outside of the tier-one corners, Deonte Banks may be the most in-demand corner in the class. He’s met with what feels like every team in the NFL, including Washington. I expect Banks to be CB3 on draft day and to be an instant contributor to the Commanders’ secondary.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers

Peter Skoronski OL, Northwestern

Peter Skoronski slides here and the Steelers are the big beneficiaries. I do worry about how many teams have Skoronski graded as a guard, subsequently placing him behind the top tackles in the class in the offensive line pecking order. However, Skoronski would be an upgrade to multiple spots on Pittsburgh’s offensive line and can help the Steelers get their five best linemen on the field.

18. Detroit Lions

Calijah Kancey DL, Pitt

This is a very popular pick right now and it’s easy to draw the connections. Calijah Kancey fills an area of need for the Lions, and general manager Brad Holmes was instrumental in Aaron Donald going to the Rams when he was coming out of Pitt. While Kancey isn’t Donald, could Holmes see enough to make this selection?

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Myles Murphy EDGE, Clemson

While the Buccaneers could be tempted by a corner here, I’m not sure they expect a pass-rushing talent like Myles Murphy to fall. While the Buccaneers did not have a Top 30 visit with Murphy, they’ve met with a ton of EDGEs—which makes sense as an area of need. Murphy would be a great addition to Todd Bowles’ defense with the ability to contribute in 2023.

20. Kansas City Chiefs (via SEA)

Zay Flowers WR, Boston College

*Trade*

Zay Flowers worked out with Patrick Mahomes recently, yes, but the rumblings about Kansas City trading up for a wide receiver have been loud even before that. There are some solid pieces on the Chiefs’ wide receiver depth chart, but it’s far from set. I expect Flowers to be the second wide receiver drafted on Thursday night.

21. Los Angeles Chargers

Jordan Addison WR, USC

As the Chargers look to diversify the skill sets in their wide receiver corps, Jordan Addison would be a great fit. Addison’s NFL Scouting Combine testing numbers were underwhelming, but he’s still a crafty receiver who can create separation on all levels. In an offensive firepower race in the AFC West—and with the Chiefs already adding a wide receiver one pick sooner—the Chargers respond with the former Biletnikoff winner.

22. Baltimore Ravens

Joey Porter Jr. CB, Penn State

Man, would Steelers fans riot over this one. The Ravens do what they usually do, sit back and wait for a top player to fall into their lap. There are some mixed reviews about Joey Porter Jr.’s overall game, but everyone agrees that his upside is quite high and the physical profile is elite. Baltimore needs to continue to build up its secondary and finds itself fortunate Porter Jr. makes it to this selection.

23. Houston Texans (via MIN)

Quentin Johnston WR, TCU

*Trade*

DeMeco Ryans continues to build out his roster while waiting on the 2024 quarterback class. While they’ve been linked to Jaxon Smith-Njigba at No. 12, a trade-back likely reorders their priorities at that spot. However, they can still land one of the tier-one wide receivers here in TCU’s Quentin Johnston. Johnston, Nico Collins, and John Metchie III are a nice, young trio to build around for whoever is under center for Houston in 2024 and beyond.

24. Jacksonville Jaguars

Michael Mayer TE, Notre Dame

While Evan Engram was franchise-tagged, no long-term deal is in place as of now. Plus, Engram played a lot in the slot last season, so Doug Pederson could use a more traditional tight end in his offense. Michael Mayer isn’t a physical freak or a separation specialist like some other tight ends in this class, but he does everything well. Who better to get the most out of him than Pederson?

25. New York Giants

Brian Branch CB/SAF, Alabama

I wouldn’t rule out an interior offensive lineman or a wide receiver here, but I think the desire to upgrade the secondary paired with the ability to add to those other positions with quality players on day two wins out. Brian Branch is a versatile CB/SAF that can move around the Giants’ defensive backfield.

26. Dallas Cowboys

Emmanuel Forbes CB, Mississippi State

While the acquisition of Stephon Gilmore makes a cornerback a little less pressing in Round 1, Gilmore will turn 33 this year and has only one year left of his deal. I’ve been told by a source that the Cowboys are very interested in Emmanuel Forbes and I think he’d be a great fit in Dallas.

27. Buffalo Bills

Mazi Smith IDL, Michigan

The Bills need some long-term answers for the middle of the defensive line and I really like this fit. I know wide receiver (the top four are gone) and offensive line (I don’t think O’Cyrus Torrence is a fit and Anton Harrison might be a round-two target) are popular picks here, but who are the Bills going to have under contract on the defensive line in 2024 and beyond? Mazi Smith has great strength and will be a major boost to Buffalo’s run defense.

28. Cincinnati Bengals

Julius Brents CB, Kansas State

Julius Brents is another player the league is higher on than many analysts. His tenacious playstyle and pterodactyl-like length should appeal to the Bengals, who need to add to the secondary in this draft. There are some CB-needy teams ahead of them, but it’s a deep class and they still get a potential day-one starter in Brents at No. 28.

29. New Orleans Saints (via DEN)

Keion White EDGE, Georgia Tech

Keion White was one of 17 players invited to the 2023 NFL Draft green room this year, a non-insignificant fact worth knowing. The Saints appear poised to add to their defensive line and take a shot with the toolsy, three-down-potential prospect.

30. Philadelphia Eagles

Lukas Van Ness EDGE, Iowa

Lukas Van Ness takes a bit of a tumble here relative to where we’ve seen him in most mock drafts. He feels like a fit for the Eagles at No. 10–but there are better options available then—and the Packers at No. 15—but they go offense in this NFL mock draft—but it’s hard to find a landing spot otherwise. If his rawness does cause him to drop, I think Howie Roseman would be more than happy to scoop him up here.

31. Seattle Seahawks (via KC)

John Michael Schmitz IOL, Minnesota

*Trade*

The Seahawks have done plenty of work on John Michael Schmitz and could be looking for their next Max Unger. Don’t be surprised if they spend a first-round pick on Schmitz, their new starting center.

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Klatt’s Final 2023 Mock Draft and the Coach Prime Effect | Joel Klatt Show

2 hours ago

Interesting comments about Stroud and that cognitive test. I remember VY doing poorly on one of those tests and then going to the pro bowl as a rookie. 

Trade details for Aaron Rodgers:

According to Schefter, Green Bay is also trading its 2023 first round pick (No. 15 overall) and a 2023 fifth-round pick (No. 170).

In return, the Packers will receive a package led by the No. 13 pick in this week’s draft. Green Bay will also get a 2023 2nd-round pick (No. 42), a 6th-round pick (No. 207) and a conditional 2024 2nd-round pick that becomes a 1st if Rodgers plays 65 percent of the plays

(So basically swap 1st Rd picks in 2023, and Packers get Jets 2023 2nd Rd pick (42) and Jets 2024 2nd Rd pick that could become a 1st Rd pick if Rodgers plays 65%.)

2023 NFL Draft: How Aaron Rodgers Trade Impacts Jets and Packers Draft Strategy

Story by Eli Nachmany,Josh Siegel • 3h ago

The New York Jets and Green Bay Packers have come to terms on a trade for Aaron Rodgers. With the superstar quarterback on the move, both teams will need to consider how best to approach the upcoming 2023 NFL Draft.

One of the biggest pre-2023 NFL Draft dominoes has fallen. Earlier today, the Green Bay Packers agreed to trade quarterback Aaron Rodgers to the New York Jets. Adam Schefter reports that the Jets will receive Rodgers, along with picks 15 and 170 in this year’s draft. The Packers get picks 13, 42, and 207, along with a conditional second-round pick in 2024 that could become a first-rounder if Rodgers plays 65-percent of the possible snaps under center this season.

Basically, in exchange for Rodgers and for swapping a fifth-rounder for a sixth-rounder, the Packers move up two picks in the first round, gain a second-round pick in this year’s draft, and get at least a second-round pick next year as well.

The trade will have seismic implications for both teams’ respective approaches to the 2023 NFL Draft. The Jets are immediately a contender, and fans will expect them to approach the draft like they are competing for a Super Bowl title. Gang Green could use an offensive lineman, and if Ohio State tackle Paris Johnson Jr. falls down the board to No. 15, the Jets should give him strong consideration. Northwestern offensive lineman Peter Skoronski and Georgia tackle Broderick Jones will also garner consideration if available, while players like Tennessee tackle Darnell Wright and Ohio State tackle Dawand Jones could be on the team’s radar. The Jets have a fantastic stable of skill position players on offense at this point, so bolstering the offensive line could pay serious dividends (and, importantly, keep Rodgers upright).

Don’t forget—the Jets still have a second-rounder (No. 43); the one they just traded to Green Bay was the one that the team picked up in the Elijah Moore trade. The Jets might also seek to snap up a defensive lineman in either the first or second round; someone like Iowa’s Lukas Van Ness, Clemson’s Bryan Bresee, or USC’s Tuli Tuipulotu could make sense. This year’s EDGE class is stacked and the team will have its pick of a few high-quality EDGE rushers at No. 43.

As for the Packers, they are probably going to roll with Jordan Love at quarterback. While the team has a few holes, it might seek to prioritize getting Love a safety blanket at tight end—perhaps someone like Notre Dame’s Michael Mayer or Utah’s Dalton Kincaid. At the same time, given that the team is likely not headed to the Super Bowl this season, the Packers may just want to take the best player available (regardless of position) when the No. 13 pick rolls around. That could end up being one of the star EDGE rushers that analysts project to be available in the middle of the first round: Georgia’s Nolan Smith and Clemson’s Myles Murphy come to mind. The extra draft capital could encourage the team to pick for depth, too. On this front, filling out the secondary is not a bad idea.

The Jets and Packers have a lot to think about in the coming days. The teams have executed an earth-shattering trade with the 2023 NFL Draft quickly approaching. The trade will undoubtedly impact how both teams approach the draft.

image.png

NFL teams with most, fewest 2023 NFL Draft picks

Teams that have eight or more picks:

• Houston Texans: 12
  • Las Vegas Raiders: 12
  • Green Bay Packers: 11 
  • Los Angeles Rams: 11
  • New England Patriots: 11
  • San Francisco 49ers: 11
  • Chicago Bears: 10
  • Kansas City Chiefs: 10
  • New York Giants: 10
  • Seattle Seahawks: 10
  • Detroit Lions: 9
  • Indianapolis Colts: 9
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: 9
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 9
  • Arizona Cardinals: 8
  • Cleveland Browns: 8
  • New Orleans Saints: 8
  • Washington Commanders: 8

Teams with seven or fewer selections:

• Miami Dolphins: 4
  • Baltimore Ravens: 5
  • Denver Broncos: 5
  • Minnesota Vikings: 5
  • New York Jets: 5
  • Buffalo Bills: 6
  • Carolina Panthers: 6
  • Philadelphia Eagles: 6
  • Tennessee Titans: 6
  • Atlanta Falcons: 7
  • Cincinnati Bengals: 7
  • Los Angeles Chargers: 7
  • Dallas Cowboys: 7
  • Pittsburgh Steelers: 7

You can check out a detailed look of each team’s 2023 draft capital here.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-teams-most-fewest-2023-163500903.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHyd1yCBBo5FGyTANZ1G5BrHO_gi-cQAa0BIK9Xhd4pOhbdhkI4EkxhY_Ivz5g8u2SShPCh2V4iBvKSxjHJB-I7uAitefe2D7peaDLSHpMvnHs8-JH1PUTreVScELp7YB2AIV6fwAn4X-YT-Ung5E8UJmwRFh2gCXBWv2S-x7-z8