2023 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I hate that Achane just fell in aggy's lap after we landed Bijan. Too good of a player for those dorks. 

IIRC they were one of the few offering him the opportunity to be a RB full time.

We were late to offer and possibly did so as a slot or APB.

Edited by Atticus

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

He’s the best all around back to come out in a long time, especially when you take his catching ability in to account 

Agreed. I do worry that teams will get cute and Bijan goes late first. Staring contest on who drafts Bijan first, and the runner up immediately drafts Gibbs. 

5 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Rojo made himself some money today. His 40 wasn't flying but good enough, the rest of his workout was stellar

I think the commentators were high on him. Aaron Jones mentioned him along with Bijan and Gibbs. 

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Effort/leadership is his calling card. He's pretty talented, but he's a safe bet because of his intangibles.

His ability to be a factor in special teams is very valuable. I wish he had a better combine. 10 yard split was very good, but the rest was pretty meh.

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Weren't people just saying he had a good combine except the 40?

I saw his testing numbers and they were pretty mediocre. His Vertical was one of the lowest among RBs. Hard to tell much from the drills 

Edited by Codaxx

15 hours ago, Atticus said:

Effort/leadership is his calling card. He's pretty talented, but he's a safe bet because of his intangibles.

I watched the entire RB session at the combine. Roschon was pretty clearly in the top 5 of backs when you consider overall skill, size, speed, etc +intangibles. I would be shocked if he were a second rounder, but 3rd-5th sounds about right. I think you will see Gibbs, possibly Achane, and one or two others in the second round. Deuce Vaughn had a really good day but his lack of size will push him down the board and make him a 3rd down/gadget back in the NFL, Blake Corum was kind of meh. Tyjae Spears from Tulane is a pretty interesting guy, not very big but freaky balance. 

Interestingly, the guy who really hurt himself yesterday and clearly was not very prepared, or not very good, was Eric Gray from Oklahoma. He had to redo multiple drills, knocked over bags, and just generally looked shitty. It would not surprise me to see him go undrafted. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Just saw that Zach Evans declared for the draft. Was at the combine but didn't work out (injured). Interested to see where he goes - he's had a very mixed college career. 

In terms of raw talent, I think he is in the same neighborhood with Bijan, Gibbs, and Achane, but if he goes higher than a 4th or 5th rounder I would be shocked.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/5/2023 at 11:17 AM, closetojumping said:

Yes. Ewers actually has some fundamentals. He needs work, which he’s getting from an excellent offensive staff for QBs, and he needs a better WR room, which he’s also getting. OL development will also lead to the premise that suddenly Quinn Ewers is amazing. 

Richardson has no fundamentals. He’s capable of looking absolutely terrible or amazing because of his athleticism and lack of any mechanical foundation upon which to rely. Watching him play QB at Florida was often borderline uncomfortable. I can’t imagine what UF fans think of the experience. You could make an argument that UF is about to have produced a top 10 draft pick that improved their team by leaving it. 

people don't understand how bad he was most of the year.

Here are the game he passed for over 200 yards (very low bar) and that teams defensive FEI ranking

• Vanderbilt, 400 yards in a game they lost (!!!) - DFEI: 82
  • A&M, 201 yards - DFEI: 30
  • UGA, 271 yards - DFEI: 1
  • Eastern Washington, 240 yards - FCS
  • Tennessee, 453 yards - DFEI: 33

dude had 33% of his passing yards for the season in 2 games, both losses. thew for under 200 yards 7 times in 12 games. that doesn't include the time he threw for 201. threw for under 250 yards (random selection) exactly 3 times in 12 games.

he finished 116th of 124 qualified passers last year in completion %

image.png.cd3e2d2cb52a0768ffe3344455c7f66a.png

richardson is literally the most athletic QB to come out in the draft per RAS. he would be the most athletic RB to come out in the draft too. dude is an incredible athlete.

literally, here he is vs Kyle Pitts (2nd most athletic TE in the speedscore database) and Chase Claypool (10th most athletic WR)

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I watched the entire RB session at the combine. Roschon was pretty clearly in the top 5 of backs when you consider overall skill, size, speed, etc +intangibles. I would be shocked if he were a second rounder, but 3rd-5th sounds about right. I think you will see Gibbs, possibly Achane, and one or two others in the second round. Deuce Vaughn had a really good day but his lack of size will push him down the board and make him a 3rd down/gadget back in the NFL, Blake Corum was kind of meh. Tyjae Spears from Tulane is a pretty interesting guy, not very big but freaky balance. 

Interestingly, the guy who really hurt himself yesterday and clearly was not very prepared, or not very good, was Eric Gray from Oklahoma. He had to redo multiple drills, knocked over bags, and just generally looked shitty. It would not surprise me to see him go undrafted. 

Bijan vs Rojo through RAS

image.png.f78b5e919785b1a41007f0ebc99744c4.png

someone is going to be very happy with RoJo.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Vertigo said:

How did UCLA's Zach Charbonnet look??

He's been banged up at times, might be better in a platoon RB situation in the NFL.

18 hours ago, NoName said:

Bijan vs Rojo through RAS

image.png.f78b5e919785b1a41007f0ebc99744c4.png

someone is going to be very happy with RoJo.

How does that compare to other RBs? I listened to Babers and he was thinking late round pick to UDFA.  Still thinks he will be on an NFL roster, but pointed out that NFL teams base their draft on the shorts and t-shirt Olympics and the fact that RB is devalued position in the draft.  Basically comes down to how much will a team value a RB with mediocre athletic ability, but high intangibles. 

11 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

How does that compare to other RBs? I listened to Babers and he was thinking late round pick to UDFA.  Still thinks he will be on an NFL roster, but pointed out that NFL teams base their draft on the shorts and t-shirt Olympics and the fact that RB is devalued position in the draft.  Basically comes down to how much will a team value a RB with mediocre athletic ability, but high intangibles. 

he's in the top 10, lots of places are ranking him as a 8.09 vs his final score of 8.13. so he is in the top 10 for this specific draft:

1. Quote

1. Deneric Prince — Tulsa — RAS: 9.84
    2. Bijan Robinson — Texas — 9.81
    3. Zach Charbonnet — UCLA — 9.68
    4. Chase Brown — Illinois — 9.62
    5. Evan Hull — Northwestern — 9.18
    6. Camerun Peoples — Appalachian State — 8.75
    7. Keaton Mitchell — East Carolina — 8.53
    8. Roschon Johnson — Texas — 8.09
    9. Jahmyr Gibbs — Alabama — 7.95
    10. Tank Bigsby — Auburn — 7.49

PFF evidently projects him as a 4th rd pick

Roschon Johnson

Johnson was the backup to Bijan Robinson in college at Texas, so he enters the 2023 NFL Draft with a little more to prove than his college backfield mate. Johnson has good — not elite — speed at the position, clocking a 4.58 40-yard dash time. His broad jump was elite, yet his vertical jump was not great. Johnson did not catch the ball out of the backfield often during his college tenure, so if the Dolphins are looking for a pass catching back, they might want to look elsewhere to fill that hole.

PFF predicts Johnson to be a fourth round pick, so if the Dolphins want to be sure they land the former Longhorn, they will need to take him with one of their third round selections if they choose not to acquire another mid-round pick in a trade down scenario.

he had a pretty elite 10 yard split on his 40

sporQ has him as the 8th highest in the class

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I like Rod Babers, but he had his head up his own ass on this take.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

he's in the top 10, lots of places are ranking him as a 8.09 vs his final score of 8.13. so he is in the top 10 for this specific draft:

PFF evidently projects him as a 4th rd pick

he had a pretty elite 10 yard split on his 40

sporQ has him as the 8th highest in the class

Achane at 50 in SPARQ?  That just does not make sense. He is a little dude, but he is athletic.