2023 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

27 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t know much about this new test. But I’ve watched CJ play and I’ve heard him speak throughout his time in Columbus. Have you heard him speak? He’s obviously not the brightest guy in the world. I don’t like listening to him speak. He’s got a “duh” quality to the way he speaks, he speaks slowly, and isn’t particularly articulate. And maybe it wouldn’t bother you but he spends WAY too much time giving praise to his personal lord and savior Jesus Christ and it’s his will and his plan and blah blah blah. Look dude, I don’t believe in God but even if there were a god, He wouldn’t give a shit who won a football game. I’ll spare you a long rant on the subject but hearing someone his age be so outspoken about it doesn’t give me the impression that they’re all that bright and I kind of get the impression that it’s more about them than it is about their faith. I won’t miss that shit at all.

Of course I was always rooting for him, I enjoyed the success he did have, and I wish him success at the next level. I’m hardly an expert but I’m not expecting him to have a successful pro career. I’ve been in a position to hear a lot of people telling me as a Buckeye exactly what I want to hear about him. What I’ve seen with my eyes hasn’t always agreed with what I’ve been told. He does have good stats. He’s accurate on deep balls. He’s not as accurate on crossing routes. He often throws the ball behind his receivers. Some of his stats he does owe to his very talented receivers making circus catches of less than perfect throws that a lot of receivers wouldn’t have made. He has a good completion percentage, but if you can pressure him then his completion percentage drops off sharply. I’ve seen him panic and make some godawful throws that have resulted in picks. I think he got better at avoiding those over time. He’s often had a tendency to hold on to the ball too long.

I don’t think he’s quick when it comes to decision making. That’s the main reason I haven’t seen him as someone who will have a successful pro career. He has the physical tools, although I’m not sure if he has the physical toughness to hold up in the pros. I think he’d need to bulk up quite a bit.  I just don’t see him handling the speed of the game at the next level. The reports about his low score on the cognitive test seem to confirm what I’ve already been thinking for quite some time.

I’m not qualified to judge but that’s my take. I could be wrong. But I’ll bet I’m right.

Deon Cole Wow GIF by grown-ish

• Haha 1

Stroud plays in a proven college offense that is very simplistic when you break it down. The reason his test results are concerning is because there is no way to work around the offense he’s been “coached” to “run.” We will see desperate teams reaching for a QB in the first round instead of grabbing the very best talent on the board.

• Hook 'Em 2

Stroud saying he’s not good with taking tests makes it sound like he sucks at the SAT. The S2 is a cognition test for athletes that have to make multiple fast analytics and decisions, like nfl QBs. Great QBs to be long term have to do well at these tasks…recognizing coverages,picking up blitzes, multi reads, etc. he sucked at the test that measures what QBs do. Like Lamar Jackson, your athleticism cam make you an mvp early but with film everyone sees your game and you decline quickly.

I think Stroud will be a bust long term. He might suck out of the gate. I think Young will be fine until he is broken in half. Stroud bust. Levis bust. Hooker ok. Richardson maybe.

Texans should not pick one. Bijan or Will Anderson is who I would take. If he’s that high on the board he won’t drop. He’s not a reach. A great RB is not a value problem with the 2nd pick; the issue is second contracts like Zeke and Saquon. Barkley will not get a big extension.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And maybe it wouldn’t bother you but he spends WAY too much time giving praise to his personal lord and savior Jesus Christ and it’s his will and his plan and blah blah blah. Look dude, I don’t believe in God but even if there were a god, He wouldn’t give a shit who won a football game. I’ll spare you a long rant on the subject but hearing someone his age be so outspoken about it doesn’t give me the impression that they’re all that bright and I kind of get the impression that it’s more about them than it is about their faith. I won’t miss that shit at all.

I respectfully disagree.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1459380694484962

More broadly, having worked in an industry that highly, maybe excessively, values intelligence, I found myself surprised on multiple occasions that some of the smartest folks I worked with (e.g., graduate degree from UChicago, etc.) were often some of the most pious people that I ever met. Having rediscovered faith later in life, I'm no longer surprised. Also, one of the virtues I've at least partly received from faith is the peace that arises from a denial of self.

None of this is an attempt to prove that God exists. I would never do that, especially after reading as many surly posts as I have. Just my perspective

Edited by TotallyLegit
no CR

Cant be as inaccurate as Richardson was a be a top 20 pick, great athlete but you have to make consistently good throws 0-25 yards. 
Levis isnt a top 4 round pick, imo. 
i dont understand the Will Anderson love. If you watch him vs Texas, Lsu, Tenn he didnt effect the QB. High motor , good athlete, hustles but top 10, not for me. 
Tyree Wilson, can you trust the lis franc injury? 
Bryce is ok, i dont love him though. I love Caleb, Drake and Penix better. 
JSN is damn good. 

Whats yall guess on where the horns get drafted? 
1. Bijan

4. RoJo

5. Coburn

5. Ojomo

6. Overshown

UFA. Cook, Jamison(aka fake Bijan) 

2 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

I respectfully disagree.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1459380694484962

More broadly, having worked in an industry that highly, maybe excessively, values intelligence, I found myself surprised on multiple occasions that some of the smartest folks I worked with (e.g., graduate degree from UChicago, etc.) were often some of the most pious people that I ever met. Having rediscovered faith later in life, I'm no longer surprised. Also, one of the virtues I've at least partly received from faith is the peace that arises from a denial of self.

None of this is an attempt to prove that God exists. I would never do that, especially after reading as many surly posts as I have. Just my perspective

Jesus swore off Facebook in 2012…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheContractor said:

Cant be as inaccurate as Richardson was a be a top 20 pick, great athlete but you have to make consistently good throws 0-25 yards. 
Levis isnt a top 4 round pick, imo. 
i dont understand the Will Anderson love. If you watch him vs Texas, Lsu, Tenn he didnt effect the QB. High motor , good athlete, hustles but top 10, not for me. 
Tyree Wilson, can you trust the lis franc injury? 
Bryce is ok, i dont love him though. I love Caleb, Drake and Penix better. 
JSN is damn good. 

Whats yall guess on where the horns get drafted? 
1. Bijan

4. RoJo

5. Coburn

5. Ojomo

6. Overshown

UFA. Cook, Jamison(aka fake Bijan) 

I think Ojomo will get drafted before Coburn, and I think he'll go before the 5th round.  

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

He also said he wants to play with Hurts.

I don't blame em for wanting to go to a superb owl contender with a solid running game. If nobody gets him first I'm gonna be a fucking eagles fan. 

Fuck

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

He also said he wants to play with Hurts.

I don't blame em for wanting to go to a superb owl contender with a solid running game. If nobody gets him first I'm gonna be a fucking eagles fan. 

Fuck

I hope he sets rushing records while the Eagles find a way to miss the playoffs.