Cowboys V Bears

Drew

Tank acting up like he ain’t been cooked all gsme.

Needed all 4 guys around him to bring him down.

And they still have up a ton of yards on 3rd and 16. Instead of the drive being over they’re going for an very very easy 4th down conversion.

God this defense literally can’t stop running QBs. Glad we don’t have many left this year.

5 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Even on that play, Parsons was being bear hugged before the pass.

Refs truly are bending over backwards to keep Chicago in this, but it thankfully doesn't look like it's going to be enough.

Yeah, I was laughing at the choke hold by the left tackle that the ref refused to call, before Parsons went and ran down the ball and returned it for TD. 

2 minutes ago, DougO said:

Yeah, I was laughing at the choke hold by the left tackle that the ref refused to call, before Parsons went and ran down the ball and returned it for TD. 

Going total bitch mode, but that game was not pleasant to watch (for me) because of the officiating. The older I get, the more sports are just a source of entertainment for me. I tend to take wins and losses with a smile.

But today was infuriating.

As a Longhorns fan, I feel like there's been too much complaining about reffing the past couple of seasons. Much of the criticism has been valid, but some of it seems like poor sportsmanship, so I try to avoid criticizing the zebras too often. It's generally not a good look.

And yet in today's Dallas game, the officials were letting Bears linemen get away with anything and everything. The non-calls were not subtle or ticky-tack; many were blatant bear hugs or takedowns directly in front of the back judge. And then the overturned fumble ... 😒

I feel like someone needs to have a chat with the commish:

"Cowboys fans dislike Jerrah as much as you, Mr. Goodell, but maybe find another way to square things between y'all. Better yet, why don't the two of you quit teasing each other and go pump each other in the shower or something?

"It would break the tension and be a better use of your energies."

3 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

As a Longhorns fan, I feel like there's been too much complaining about reffing the past couple of seasons. Much of the criticism has been valid, but some of it seems like poor sportsmanship, so I try to avoid criticizing the zebras too often. It's generally not a good look.

This is a dumb take. Shitty officiating is separate from shitty play and shitty coaching. If it sucks it should be discussed and avoiding talking about it "because it's a bad look" is stupid and is exactly why it's allowed to continue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is a dumb take. Shitty officiating is separate from shitty play and shitty coaching. If it sucks it should be discussed and avoiding talking about it "because it's a bad look" is stupid and is exactly why it's allowed to continue. 

No one is asserting that shitty officiating is the same as shitty play and shitty coaching. No one is saying poor officiating shouldn't be discussed, either. Those are straw arguments that you've made up.

As for your closing statement, please find proof to support your contention that my wish to not constantly bitch about refs is "exactly" why poor officiating is allowed to continue.