2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

On the news WHAT NEWS IS THAT? out here in AZ yesterday, they said there was a record 290,000 mail ballots dropped off on election day.  That's 100,000 more than the election in 2020 YEAH, AND?.  Supposedly, none of those have even been counted yet WHAT IS YOUR SOURCE FOR THIS?.  They WHO IS THEY were saying today they haven't been counted and they could THEY COULD?  WHAT MAKES YOU SAY THAT? be heavy with R votes.  Who knows? BASED ON YOUR SHITTY POST, NO ONE KNOWS

They need to do something different with elections out here DO THEY?  WELL, I GUESS THEY UNDERCOUNTED BIDEN'S VOTES IN 2020, SO MAYBE.  So dumb that they have people sitting their trying to verify signatures on a mail ballot against a crappy electronic signature like they are forensic scientists or something? WHAT DO OTHER STATES DO? WHAT'S YOUR FIX FOR THIS? DO YOU KNOW MUCH ABOUT VOTING PROTOCOL?  It's no wonder it takes so long COMPARED TO WHAT?.  That, and the fact they wait until election day to start the count. HMMM, WHO DECIDED THAT?  SIGHT UNSEEN I'LL GO WITH "THE REPUBLICANS."  AM I WRONG?  PROVE IT.

Per my last email, please see my comments in ALL CAPS.

No wonder your post/rep ratio is so bad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Nov. 11, 2022, 12:01 p.m. ETNov. 11, 2022
Nov. 11, 2022

Katie Glueck

Reporting from New York

Josh Shapiro, Pennsylvania's governor-elect and a Democrat, said Friday that his opponent, Doug Mastriano, had not reached out to concede. "But honestly, who cares," he said on KYW Newsradio. "The people pick the winner, not him."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Per my last email, please see my comments in ALL CAPS.

No wonder your post/rep ratio is so bad.

They had an official from Arizona on CNN just now that basically just said the same thing I posted, they have around 275,000 mail ballots dropped off on election day that still have not been counted or looked at.

Edited by Azbadlands

47 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

AZ is getting more ass-kickier every election.  Who knew shitting all over their former beloved Senator and war hero would come back to fuck the GQP?

I don't think McCain has anything to do with it.  The migration here from California and the rest of the West Coast most likely has a lot to do with turning the state blue..

You are right though, McCain is absolutely hated by a lot of the Republicans out here, probably worse than feelings some Dems have for Joe Manchin.

Edited by Azbadlands

23 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

They had an official from Arizona on CNN just now that basically just said the same thing I posted, they have around 275,000 mail ballots dropped off on election day that still have not been counted or looked at.

Why not? We can count votes all year.

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Waiting until election day to vote is just stupid. Shit can happen in my life, especially on a work day. This kind of recommendation probably led to lots of people not being able to make it to the polls.

Vote Early. Vote Once.

But I don't know if they do early voting in Arizona.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

OK, the process is working as designed.  I take it you want your team to lose, and quick.  Mission accomplished.

3 hours ago, G650 said:

This gruntles me. Caruso sucks bigly.

As an LA resident, why is that? I disliked him initially, 15 years ago, as he came across as an entitled developer (looks over shoulder, ducks). But with MAGA, COVID and the homeless explosion I think he’s settled into a more middle of the road, get shit done politician. Could be bullshit but as a resident, and a hardcore Democrat, I’d prefer to see what an outsider can do rather than the entrenched D local politicians that just kick the ball back and forth.

• Hook 'Em 1

I assume a slight D majority has the same trouble as a slight R majority wrt actually passing anything. There are other advantages, but getting things passed is still the primary goal and how a leg is judged. 

Pelosi has made it work with 220 votes so I’m not sure how much 218 would change anything on that front. The main wrinkle, which would be insane to watch play out, is that we could see special elections with the House majority on the line. The problem for Democrats getting things passed has and would continue to be the Senate.
  • Hook 'Em 3