2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You’re in Egypt, Texas?  Be sure to drive through Spanish Camp on your way to Hungerford. 

Man. Memories. Don’t forget to stop at John’s country store for a brisket sandwich.
We used the last of our cash to buy beer, cans of chili, and cornbread at John’s as the ice storm of Feb 89 started. We ran out of all three in a day, back at my buddy’s hunting cabin in Egypt. For the next three days, we ate geese we shot, cooked with wild onions, and drank rotgut whiskey. That was a great weekend.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Whatever suspicions there were have been subject to investigation and proof for that same period of time.

And there is pretty much zero evidence collected supporting systematic abuse of the election system or any abuse in quantity sufficient to affect outcomes.

Well, except 2000 Mules./sarcasm

One thing we did see, pretty much right in front of God and everyone, was Trumpco trying to steal an election.

Hanging chads are not election fraud.  Al Gore really had something to complain about, but because he's not a syphilitic cunt, he didn't complain about it, let alone for two years after the fact.

Dude people out there believe the earth is flat, raided a pizza parlor to free imaginary trapped children and that Apollo was faked

image.gif.b671816912e1d304e67302ff2ee04ee9.gif

Don’t bother 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I watched most of this:

1. He drives a BMW.  And leaves his bag on the hood.  Good way to pick up some scratches.

2. Says of the Walther PPK "Made in Germany" and "James Bond" twice.  Seems to like secret agents and Germany.  Nothing wrong with the latter, as long as you don't get into that 1930s ideology.

3.  Silencers are a lot quieter than I though.  Make less noise than in the movies.  

4. On the whole, he doesn't come off as a bad guy in the video, kind of like a neighbor showing you a pistol.

5. Complete and total appeal to identity politics.  It's all about the guns.  Want a gun guy in government?  He has one.  Of course, Kelly might have more guns but you never know, probably because he's more focused on governing and policy than being a cool neighbor with a gun with a silencer and a BMW.

• Haha 1

If the 30% show up to the primaries it's not going to matter about what Murdoch or the NR wants. Goes back to that question of how to cool off the conned enough for them to accept they were fooled. 

I am gonna have to see it from the people that believe Hillsboro ISD has litter boxes for furries and all queers deserve to die.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I watched most of this:

1. He drives a BMW.  And leaves his bag on the hood.  Good way to pick up some scratches.

2. Says of the Walther PPK "Made in Germany" and "James Bond" twice.  Seems to like secret agents and Germany.  Nothing wrong with the latter, as long as you don't get into that 1930s ideology.

3.  Silencers are a lot quieter than I though.  Make less noise than in the movies.  

4. On the whole, he doesn't come off as a bad guy in the video, kind of like a neighbor showing you a pistol.

5. Complete and total appeal to identity politics.  It's all about the guns.  Want a gun guy in government?  He has one.  Of course, Kelly might have more guns but you never know, probably because he's more focused on governing and policy than being a cool neighbor with a gun with a silencer and a BMW.

Honestly, he was correct. It was pretty cool. 

12 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I watched most of this:

Seeing the American flag on these assholes is annoying. It’s like that BMW that’s clearly a shittastic 325i with M series emblems all over it.  Go get fucked, douchebags.  

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

If the 30% show up to the primaries it's not going to matter about what Murdoch or the NR wants. Goes back to that question of how to cool off the conned enough for them to accept they were fooled. 

I am gonna have to see it from the people that believe Hillsboro ISD has litter boxes for furries and all queers deserve to die.

Yep.  It's the same thing over and over.  After January 6th, some of the rank and file GOPers were "done" and "time to dump him" right up until like a week later.  They are committed to the 30% of cultists because they can't win without them.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Honestly, he was correct. It was pretty cool. 

Oh, I agree. It's cool.  Really, 0% sarcasm from me. 

Just a couple of problems for Masters, though IMHO.  He's picking something cool that speak to boyish fantasies and has been a problematic issue to a lot of voters over the past years as shootings accumulate.  Let's ignore for the moment that Kellys' wife is Gabby Giffords.

The second issue is it has really nothing to do with governing.  I invite everyone to watch the video below.  After the fun of shooting and killing is over you have to worry abou the generators.

Edited by Bullneck

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Seeing the American flag on these assholes is annoying. It’s like that BMW that’s clearly a shittastic 325i with M series emblems all over it.  Go get fucked, douchebags.  

I remember when tea party plates started showing up on 3 series here. I still cackle everytime I see one

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

I mean if yall that was cool, ok I guess. I'm not sure how it is possible to be lamer but that's just me.

I was talking about the pistol and silencer.  Hard to argue it wasn't impressive.  

But the video reinforces Masters either doesn't know what to do or doesn't care and just wants a salary and prestige or both.

Just now, Bullneck said:

I was talking about the pistol and silencer.  Hard to argue it wasn't impressive.  

But the video reinforces Masters either doesn't know what to do or doesn't care and just wants a salary and prestige or both.

How good the silencer was?

5 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Sure, depending on what the standards are...

Care to venture a guess which party would oppose this the hardest because they prefer to keep things muddled and confusing to push their narratives and enact voter suppression at a state-by-state level?

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I watched most of this:

Didn't pick up his spent casings so he hates the environment just like us!

16 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

How bout we start with non-partisan redistricting, universal registration, voting holiday, and unrestricted mail-in voting? 

Why should the majority of us even be voting in person or by mail on paper ballots?  I would prefer to have the option to vote online with other options available for people who don't have the ability to vote online for whatever reason...

Just now, Azbadlands said:

Why should the majority of us even be voting in person or by mail on paper ballots?  I would prefer to have the option to vote online with other options available for people who don't have the ability to vote online for whatever reason...

Because that's a really bad idea.

Hackers ahoy

33 minutes ago, G650 said:

How good the silencer was?

I was surprised.  The bullet impacting downrange made more noise than the pistol itself.  Truly spy movie-level of quiet. 

He makes an odd comment how "people don't like them because they encourage crime" or something like that.  If I were going to rub someone out I'd use one.  The paradoxically sad part of firearms is they combine very refined metallurgy with precision machining to create something that can any idiot can use to destroy someone or something beautiful and good. Oh, well.

Just now, aggie08 said:

Heath Mayo: "Literally all the Republicans need to do is admit that they were wrong and/or lying about everything. Easy peasy."

I looked him up: Brown undergrad, Yale law school.  Some kind of investment banker.  So, Establishment Republican trying to claw back the party from the crazies.