Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

The k-state announcer dude tried to get him to walk it back and say something about Texas by even hinting our NET is 2nd in the conference—nothing. 

I mean, McClure didn’t even know Huggins coached at k-state, so he’s an idiot. And Kansas isn’t making it to the FF. 

I honestly don't like any B12 team to make the Final Four, but gun to my head I actually would take Texas. We've proven we can climb back into games from down 15+ points, been elite at closing close games out and have a very old roster.

I think ISU struggles to create offense at times, Baylor's go-to guy is a freshman and Kansas looks extremely prone to dropping a game against someone they shouldn't. 

Texas has issues too but I think we're the most consistent team in the conference and can generally count on a few guys to step up when it matters.

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

McClure is so fucking stupid. He was nowhere close to being set for a charge. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Had to record the replay.

That's really bad even by NCAA standards. WVU guy is going away from the basket. 

He’s set. That wasn’t the problem. The problem is the defender moved into the offensive player to create the contact. 

Should have been a Block.

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

He’s set. That wasn’t the problem. The problem is the defender moved into the offensive player to create the contact. 

Should have been a Block.

Yeah I mean if ISU guy keeps his position I think the WVU player barely makes contact with him. He wasn't going straight into him. 

I agree that the defender didn't necessarily get beat to the spot. 

This league is gonna see 3 or 4 different leaders for the title down the stretch, isn't it?  ISU showed grit coming back and WVU sealed the deal.  

We got our hands full at Moody though closing with ISU and KAN.  First gotta kick the shit outta the Mountaineers on Saturday morning.  Too early for moonshine? 

On 2/2/2023 at 2:55 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

Mercurial is a fantastic term for it.

Usually I just settled on being cursed in the sense that we're usually good enough to see the top of the mountain, but we hardly ever get there.

Unbelievable…don’t get your team at all.

Tech seriously thought they were going to go to the dance and take West Virginia’s spot. They had this game down (OSU) as a W. 

Welp. 

And yes, I’m holding steady—they will beat us Monday. Why? Because it’s typical tech. That arena will be sold out and they’ll be hype af.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Looking over schedules, Kansas seems to have the easiest remaining.  I think if we are going to win the reg season conference title we will have to beat them at the end of the season.  I don’t know that they lose more than once until then. 

You've had some scorching hot takes in here tonight. 

It's possible Texas still earns a split with a loss against Kansas. Maybe fairly unlikely but not out of the question. 

2 teams can officially be eliminated from the regular season title this weekend:

Tech - a loss or a Texas win would eliminate them

OU - a loss + a Texas win would eliminate them 

Texas could eliminate TT and just about put the kill shot on OU by winning on Saturday against WV

Edited by Js1

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

2 teams can officially be eliminated from the regular season title this weekend:

Tech - a loss or a Texas win would eliminate them

OU - a loss + a Texas win would eliminate them 

Texas could eliminate TT and just about put the kill shot on OU by winning on Saturday against WV

Do It GIF by Breaking Bad

• Hook 'Em 1