It's not the head coach that is the problem

Hozz

Ok so everyone agrees we have underperformed for 12 years across 4 head coaches, right?  This is just bad luck?  A coincidence?  Just a guy that won a national title who got lazy and then 3 bad hires IN A ROW?  Meanwhile the Big 12 is filled with examples in that same time frame of no name fuck faces at historically mediocre programs who had better records with objectively less talent.  But it's our head coach that is the problem?  Fuck that.  Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Edited by Hozz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 9

5 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

No, it's the head coach. Just because this one is better than the last two doesn't mean he's doing his goddamn job.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I mean he isn't better than the last two. Herman was clearly better. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

What does that even mean.  So you think sark is a good fucking coach? 

please explain.   

I was pretty clear in the OP.  It's not just Sark. I could have made the same post 2 years ago, honestly.  But now it's 4 coaches in 12 years.  And they are all to blame?  Meanwhile these bottom feeders in the Big 12 with randos at the HC spot and way less talent keep beating us?  Like do you think Gundy would come here and produce the same results he has for OSU?  Because I don't.  That is my point.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Hozz said:

I was pretty clear in the OP.  It's not just Sark. I could have made the same post 2 years ago, honestly.  But now it's 4 coaches in 12 years.  And they are all to blame?  Meanwhile these bottom feeders in the Big 12 with randos at the HC spot and way less talent keep beating us?  Like do you think Gundy would come here and produce the same results he has for OSU?  Because I don't.  That is my point.

You're fucking stupid and you should quit posting here. 

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Herman would’ve won the Big 12 this year. 

Easily.

4 minutes ago, Hozz said:

So you think we have had good coaching?  

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

image.jpeg.83ae57660cd4659ac9c8b2add9065a28.jpeg

I jokingly told my wife that I thought Sark's wife is picking his wardrobe. That jacket he wore on Gameday was lacking the proper burnt orange for success. But this, this 70's retro, mismatch look, just doesn't connect with me. Maybe I'm getting old, but this outfit screams "look at me" and not in a good way. Even he his play calling had been on point today and we won the game, I still think I'd hate this look.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Ok so everyone agrees we have underperformed for 12 years across 4 head coaches, right?  This is just bad luck?  A coincidence?  Just a guy that won a national title who got lazy and then 3 bad hires IN A ROW?  Meanwhile the Big 12 is filled with examples in that same time frame of no name fuck faces at historically mediocre programs who had better records with objectively less talent.  But it's our head coach that is the problem?  Fuck that.  Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

No, it's the coaching, and we suck at hiring good coaches.  You could have said the same thing about Tennessee. They've run through coaches since firing their Mack Brown.  And then they hired a good coach, and now they are a top 10 team.  

Stop making excuses for these overpaid coaches.  They get paid millions to be shit at their jobs.  I put my loyalty to the program and the players and the school way above them.  

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Texas is a team that is much less than the sum of its parts.  It’s ultimately the head coach’s responsibility to figure out why, develop a strategy to rectify it and then execute his plan so that the team is more than an underachieving collection of highly recruited athletes.

Even with the progress we’ve made this year, we are still an underachieving collection of highly recruited athletes.  At this point, I’m not seeing a lot of reason to believe Sark is the man who will figure out why that seems to be the ceiling of our potential across multiple head coaches.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

So what does that mean   Our fans make it so our coaches suck?  Our administration?

Well.  I honestly do not know.  I will throw this out there though, why is Texas good at almost all sports, to the point where we have won two director's cups in a row, except football and men's hoops.  Is that just bad luck or bad hires?  In the two sports that literally matter the most in terms of $ and interest?  I don't think so.