2023 Rose Bowl - Utah vs. Penn State

satyanash

42 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

The Rose Bowl is the “Grand-daddy” of all Bowls. Hell I wish every Super Bowl was there too.

I’ll take up the slack on the Alamo Bowl though, as it’s been one of the most attended/tv rated non-NY6 bowl game over the last 15 years. I’m “biased” as a SA resident, but most games have been very entertaining, gone down to the wire, or even had amazing come-back wins.

Yes, I saw Oregon beat us in Mack’s last game, as well as the other night’s loss to Washington, but to average over 60K in a non-NY6 Bowl speaks for itself. I saw a lot of empty seats in many bowl games over this past week.

Good job and keep it up San Antonio!

Hook’em!!!

Only Bowl game I've attended was Michigan/Nebraska AB game early 2000s, close to having an epic ending. 

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

I confess that I was mainly rooting for Utah to get this tied up and into about 6 overtimes, just to see if ESPN would have the balls to start the NFL game on ESPNU.

I'm sure they'd move the Rose Bowl.  Pretty shitty how they're treating it as a MNF pregame show as it is.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Utah is another soft ass Pac 12 team who plays absolutely no defense.

But then, who does play defense anymore? Ohio St just scored 41 on Georgia. TCU scored 51 on Michigan.

According to the recruiting board, Utah is the gold standard of defensive coaching/player evaluation