2023 Houston Texans Offseason - A Huge #2

The Earl of Texas

Really, want Anderson and Carter. Make the defense a shit ton better. Go get Johnson in the 3rd round, pair him with Pierce. Trade Cooks (especially if you can get a mid 2nd-early 3rd) and draft a WR in the 2nd round. Draft some IOL in the latter rounds to compete. Hopefully moving to the zone scheme you can find some gems.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Really, want Anderson and Carter. Make the defense a shit ton better. Go get Johnson in the 3rd round, pair him with Pierce. Trade Cooks (especially if you can get a mid 2nd-early 3rd) and draft a WR in the 2nd round. Draft some IOL in the latter rounds to compete. Hopefully moving to the zone scheme you can find some gems.

anderson / carter / Rojo sounds like an amazing draft 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Carolina saved the Texans from themselves 

You said it. This class of QBs are all scratch off lottery tickets. No reason to spend significantly more on one than the other. Kind of like the Rockets draft last year, now they just wait and take the best available on their board (Stroud, Young, Anderson) and hopefully not take a TE or someone shitty at 12.

Just now, Murfdogg21 said:

You said it. This class of QBs are all scratch off lottery tickets. No reason to spend significantly more on one than the other. Kind of like the Rockets draft last year, now they just wait and take the best available on their board (Stroud, Young, Anderson) and hopefully not take a TE or someone shitty at 12.

The ESPN article mentioned this - if Carolina aligns with more then one qb, they could trade back 

Season 5 No GIF by The Office 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/11/2023 at 1:52 AM, tx 3 putt said:

The ESPN article mentioned this - if Carolina aligns with more then one qb, they could trade back 

I think we’re good with Stroud or Young, so if Carolina wants to get a small return for their massive giveaway to one, then end up with Levis/AR15 instead of Young/Stroud, I say go right ahead and fuck your whole draft up. 😂

I don’t think we should give a fuck who drafts at 1. Young or Stroud, if we’re going QB. Can’t go wrong.

Not sure how I feel about this. I guess it depends on the Texans plans and Jimmy G’s contract demands. He reportedly wants $25M per year and I have to assume he wants multiple years. Are the Texans thinking stop gap, using his tenure to get Richardson ready? I guess they could trade him for something when AR is ready  Seems wasteful if taking Young or Stroud. If it means passing on a QB at #2, they could probably trade back some for picks  and still get Anderson or Carter. 

Edited by TonyTexas

The only question the Texans need to ask regarding a QB pick... Are you fucking smart enough not to do really, really, really stupid shit off the field that will fuck the organization needlessly in the Ass?   Then you pray like hell they don't ponder for a second...

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Let’s say the Texans are all in on Young, but the Panthers draft him first. The Texans must trade back if they can’t get their guy. But it’s Caserio, so who the hell knows. 

Signing Keemun gives them the flexibility to draft Hooker outside of the first round. 

I don't see any chance Texans don't take either Young or Stroud with pick #2.  They are in a position teams (see Carolina) trade the farm to get into to get a top QB. I don't see them passing up the opporunity given they are a team, like Carolina that desparately needs one.

Yeah, the Keenum signing all but assures they are taking a QB at 2. Great vet guy to have. Hope I am wrong, and they do the best thing for the franchise which is take Anderson. They never whiffed on a QB before, when they instead took the much more productive defensive pass rusher.

Edited by HtownHorn

Is Ward a S or a CB, and what about the other guy? I would hope that Pitre and Stingley would be half the starting secondary. With these signings it would be even better to get Anderson and Carter to add to the DL. The defense would likely be middle of the pack in one off-season. Then spend the rest of the draft going offense.

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, the Keenum signing all but assures they are taking a QB at 2. Great vet guy to have. Hope I am wrong, and they do the best thing for the franchise which is take Anderson. They never whiffed on a QB before, when they instead took the much more productive defensive pass rusher.

Depending on how much $ and how much is guaranteed, Keenum could just be a camp arm and preseason depth until they figure out what they are doing with the roster. Is Keenum better than Mills, and if so are they actually trying to win in 2023 (with Keenum at QB!)? Mills could be a decent backup for two more years, and if he has a good preseason maybe worth a mid round draft pick from someone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Depending on how much $ and how much is guaranteed, Keenum could just be a camp arm and preseason depth until they figure out what they are doing with the roster. Is Keenum better than Mills, and if so are they actually trying to win in 2023 (with Keenum at QB!)? Mills could be a decent backup for two more years, and if he has a good preseason maybe worth a mid round draft pick from someone. 

Case McCoy is better than Mills…

• Haha 1

Mills deserves a chance with a real coaching staff to at least see if he is a viable back up.   He has shown some promise, and its hard to know how good or bad he might be considering the coaches he has had for the last two years.   

I like all the moves so far, it seems like we might actually have adults running the place now.

AJ Cann out on his can; net/net this trade downgraded a 6th to a 7th and we pay another $6MM for what should be a solid upgrade at guard, especially on passing downs. Assuming improvement from aggy LG and signing a Center, it should be an improved line even before the draft. I don’t think it’s possible for center to get any worse….

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

While a lot of folks thought he would end up here, they forgot that DeMeco essentially limited him to base packages only last season even before his injury. 

I actually like our LBs with Harris and Kirksey, The DL is a mess, which is why I would like Anderson and Carter.

Not a home run FA start but not bad either. I really hope we LOVE a Center in this draft, our OL would look pretty good if we had a badass Center and some good ones got signed for less than premiums yesterday. ILB too.

I may be in minority here but I hope we extend Tunsil. Would like to see us sign Mack Wilson.

Edited by The Earl of Texas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Not a home run FA start but not bad either. I really hope we LOVE a Center in this draft, our OL would look pretty good if we had a badass Center and some good ones got signed for less than premiums yesterday. ILB too.

I may be in minority here but I hope we extend Tunsil. Would like to see us sign Mack Wilson.

We should absolutely extend Tunsil. The ‘just get another LT’ mindset is as misinformed as ‘just grab your franchise QB next year’ one…

• Like 2