Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

2 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

You’re stupid. You’re truly stupid.

Bochy wasn’t going for a storybook ending. The mistake (if you want to call it that) was going for the tie in the 8th. Heim walked and we pinch ran Smith so that a ball in the gap ties the game. Bochy then only had one available catcher unless we burn our DH.

I swear there a people in this thread that have 0 baseball knowledge or ability to actually watch a game and comprehend what’s happening.

I’ll take my lumps for being baseball stupid here then because I was assuming too that you could move Garver to catcher and bring in someone for DH. Didn’t realize he was committed to having to bring in Hedges.

Edited by BeardIP

2 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

You’re stupid. You’re truly stupid.

Bochy wasn’t going for a storybook ending. The mistake (if you want to call it that) was going for the tie in the 8th. Heim walked and we pinch ran Smith so that a ball in the gap ties the game. Bochy then only had one available catcher unless we burn our DH.

I swear there a people in this thread that have 0 baseball knowledge or ability to actually watch a game and comprehend what’s happening.

winning is hard, baseball is harderer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BeardIP said:

Yea so you don’t pinch run Heim, is the underlying issue

It's a gamble, but when you get the tying run on that late in the game, might as well take a shot.  Jonah had caught every inning in the playoffs to that point and will catch the rest.  He doesn't have the wheels nor do you want him hurting himself trying to be something he's not.

Having said that, you would hope that Hedges could give you a better ab than flailing at three straight outside the zone as if it were his first time in the box.

It's a gamble, but when you get the tying run on that late in the game, might as well take a shot.  Jonah had caught every inning in the playoffs to that point and will catch the rest.  He doesn't have the wheels nor do you want him hurting himself trying to be something he's not.
Having said that, you would hope that Hedges could give you a better ab than flailing at three straight outside the zone as if it were his first time in the box.

But but but, STORYBOOK ENDINGS FOR HIS CLUBHOUSE GUY!!
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DigDug said:

to be fair to Hedges those 3 pitches were going to be called strikes.  ESPN shows them all in the zone.

but yes, he had no chance.

• Like 1

I'm glad I was at the game last night and not at home and on here. Same goes for today. The regulars that have been here all season, even the ones I've sniped at, ain't bad overall. But you silly fucks that have just started showing up in the last 10-14 days are truly a goddamned beating. And yes I know Beard has been here under multiple usernames, but I thought we had that turd flushed with his last crowdsourcing. Need to fix that one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I'm glad I was at the game last night and not at home and on here. Same goes for today. The regulars that have been here all season, even the ones I've sniped at, ain't bad overall. But you silly fucks that have just started showing up in the last 10-14 days are truly a goddamned beating. And yes I know Beard has been here under multiple usernames, but I thought we had that turd flushed with his last crowdsourcing. Need to fix that one.

Dude, you have the weirdest hang up about people who haven’t been on this thread since day 1. Let it go and quit being a bitch about it. I guess you hated all the other Ranger fans at the game last night that hadn’t been to any other games.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

angry adam sandler GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Dude, you have the weirdest hang up about people who haven’t been on this thread since day 1. Let it go and quit being a bitch about it. I guess you hated all the other Ranger fans at the game last night that hadn’t been to any other games.

It's got nothing to do with simply not being here. It's showing up and making a goddamned scene running your cockholster about things you know nothing about. If you want to come here and talk, regardless of previous participation, come on with it. But if some of the ones bitching and making absurd comments had watched half of this season they would understand what is happening and why. Instead, we get the "Boch is a dummy, what is he doing OMG", amongst other many other stupid ass comments.

It's a beating to wade through because there are plenty of people here that actually know baseball, have paid attention to this team, and want to have actual discussion.
  • Like 1

I'm just going to keep drinking my coffee.

I didn't exactly rush over here to claim a spot on page 1 because as the name implies there were questions about the overall nature of the team. I've seen plenty of shitty baseball out of this team from my earliest sports consciousness. 

I'm going to try to enjoy the ride. It's been a decade since they were here. 

Heartbreak or heroics. Cheers.

Edit: don't know or care if it's already been posted

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Like 1

Christ.

I could care less if someone understands all the nuances of the game or if "they've been here all year". Who gives a shit?

I've "been here all year" and previous as a lurker but I don't have the time usually to post over 8 months.

If they like the Rangers and aren't just trolling, let them.

Put them on ignore if it offends your genius baseball sensibilities or you're the guy offended because you discovered this band before they got popular.

Or better yet just help educate without the snarky fucking sarcasm or shitty attitude. Like you were fucking born with royal baseball knowledge. They're not the ones ruining the thread. All the old grumpy fucks are.

I'm old and grumpy but damn sure enjoying this magical postseason of my favorite baseball team, along with whoever is there for it.

Go Rangers.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I thought that was Bochys one horrible move all post season where he has been masterfully pushing the right buttons. It felt too much like an emotional (he loves Hedgie) to bring in a guy who has 0 post season ant bats and barely any all season and is just a clubhouse guy at this point and going for the story book ending. It was something dusty baker would do.

He didn't have a choice after we pinch ran for Heim. It's not like he intentionally put Hedges in the game. 

The decision to run for Jonah* was silly but it had little to do with Hedges.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm just going to keep drinking my coffee.
I didn't exactly rush over here to claim a spot on page 1 because as the name implies there were questions about the overall nature of the team. I've seen plenty of shitty baseball out of this team from my earliest sports consciousness. 
I'm going to try to enjoy the ride. It's been a decade since they were here. 
Heartbreak or heroics. Cheers.

Edit: don't know or care if it's already been posted

I love how he stood there for a second then snapped out of it like oh fuck if this doesn't go out I'm in deep shit for not being on 2nd.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Look, I thought it was pretty clear who it was aimed it. If you feel targeted, well.....

Is this for me? Because I get who it was aimed at. That's my point. I'm not bothered except by the constant bitching itself.

I don't read posts that may be somewhat baseball ignorant and then get annoyed and riled up. I don't always understand all the nuances of the game either. So maybe that's why, I know that I don't know it all.

I like being on threads with fans, of all knowledge levels, because I can learn more and be a part of a community.

Anyway. Kumbaya to all y'all assholes and see y'all tonight.

I'm off to smoke some ribs like Corey smoked that fastball. Well...maybe not, since low and slow doesn't match up to high heat and blasted the fuck out.

• Hook 'Em 1

Probably an unpopular opinion but I thought that was Bochys one horrible move all post season where he has been masterfully pushing the right buttons. It felt too much like an emotional (he loves Hedgie) to bring in a guy who has 0 post season ant bats and barely any all season and is just a clubhouse guy at this point and going for the story book ending. It was something dusty baker would do.

giphy.gif

46 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

I'm off to smoke some ribs like Corey smoked that fastball. Well...maybe not, since low and slow doesn't match up to high heat and blasted the fuck out.

Same plan for me this afternoon.  Horns leading right into Game 2.  Great sports day.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t like it either, other than the peagle, but it’s been their choice to wear them at home on fridays and Saturdays. 

As you alluded, I wonder if MLB would allow a team to wear those in the World Series or playoffs. They remind me of the NBA where teams were uniforms that looks zero to do with the original color scheme.