#23 Iowa State @ #8 Texas - 8pm LHN

Js1

this second half against Iowa State is where you can really see the difference in our offense under Rodney Terry compared to what we looked like under Chris Beard earlier this season. Iowa State is a great defensive team and they've forced us to play in the half court, and we've really struggled. we're having a tough time not only finding good looks, but we're running the clock down with regularity.

Edited by shadow_operative

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Doug Sirmons, ladies and gets. 

When a defender pushes you out of a legal space you’re allowed to be in, the foul is on the defender. That’s a missed call, but it’s Doug Sirmons who likes all eyes on him so…

He totally made that up.  There was no movement by Disu until the guy hit him.  

this second half hasn't been our best half of the season, but i know i'm not the only one who is watching this team and thinking, "we can make a run." guard play, experience, (experienced guards for that matter), athleticism, FT shooting, senior role players- oh, and a group of guys who are on an absolute mission. this team has the makeup of a final four team. they really do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

This is the strangest Texas team but one of my favorites.

I think the biggest reason this team is strange is our starting 5 is just above average but our bench is maybe the best in the country. 

You could make an argument that Cunningham, Bishop, and Rice should be in the starting lineup over 3 of our starters. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think the biggest reason this team is strange is our starting 5 is just above average but our bench is maybe the best in the country. 

You could make an argument that Cunningham, Bishop, and Rice should be in the starting lineup over 3 of our starters. 

This team would really be something if Mitchell was any good. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Good point 

this second half hasn't been our best half of the season, but i know i'm not the only one who is watching this team and thinking, "we can make a run." guard play, experience, (experienced guards for that matter), athleticism, FT shooting, senior role players- oh, and a group of guys who are on an absolute mission. this team has the makeup of a final four team. they really do. 

Absolutely. This team feels like it has something to prove with the way they play for each other. Look at the games where they come from behind with a fire and passion. That’s a winner’s mentality. I just hope the bracket committee doesn’t put us in some murderer’s row path.