2023 NCAA Tournament - Second Round

Pancho

12 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

I like Capel, a lot.

But don't count on X shooting 22% for the game. :)

He has really done a fantastic job. I’m sure most people don’t realize just how bad it had gotten at the end of Jamie’s tenure and then into the Stallings Disaster.

Capel has had to clean up a massive mess. There were players sleeping with the girlfriends of teammates. Fights in the locker room. Transfers, Carr, X. Johnson, Champaigne left for NBA, etc etc. Then, our big fella inside got in trouble his freshman year. This year our top recruit got in trouble so, the off the court issues have been numerous.

He’s done a good job of giving them the back of his hand, as well as a hand up. I commend him for that.

About midway through the season all the guys I sit with at the games came to the conclusion that everything after that point was gravy. This has been a very successful season, no matter what happens today.

Yeah, I want us to win but, I won’t be crushed if we don’t.

slam dunk basketball GIF

Funny, the pass here, to Rome, was from Sean.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Texas v Xavier is an interesting matchup. They’ve never seen a D like Texas, and Texas has perhaps not seen an offense this year as efficient as theirs. 

They’ll likely rotate doubles on Disu inside and force perimeter offense. 

Texas is going put Carr and Disu in pick and roll all night against Nunge. He's not mobile on the perimeter. Kennesaw State was terrorizing Nunge all night running the same action. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I didn't watch the Iowa State game but guessing Pitt used the same strategy of just leaving guys wide open on the perimeter and pray Iowa State misses. 

Am I wrong? 

They didn't have to do much of any praying. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Texas is going put Carr and Disu in pick and roll all night against Nunge. He's not mobile on the perimeter. Kennesaw State was terrorizing Nunge all night running the same action. 

Correct.

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I didn’t get to watch that first round game - good insight. Xavier is red hot today, let’s let them get that out of the system. 

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Hey @Underdog I know last night you promised to go to church.  Be glad you didn’t go with me. The last clip before the preacher talked was Duke and that shot against y’all. Topic of what to do when everything feels hopeless. That would be a tough beat for you. 

Fuck him then. 

#25 for Pitt has to jump around in the shower just to get wet. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think sometimes there's an advantage to playing those play in games. You get your feet wet in the tournament while the other team comes in cold. 

There was a pretty crazy state about first four teams winning the next game in the round of 64 over the last 5 years or so (maybe beyond that)

• Hook 'Em 1

IDK how you can assess Xavier’s offensive potential against Texas based on this game. Even with the mental lapses on D last night, Texas was so “doomed” against the two powerhouse offenses they just played. Then the announcers were dumbfounded about how Texas was able to disrupt these offenses. Xavier will be a challenge but I like Texas’ chances if they play D like the B12 tournament.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Newdoc said:

IDK how you can assess Xavier’s offensive potential against Texas based on this game. Even with the mental lapses on D last night, Texas was so “doomed” against the two powerhouse offenses they just played. Then the announcers were dumbfounded about how Texas was able to disrupt these offenses. Xavier will be a challenge but I like Texas’ chances if they play D like the B12 tournament.

You can't. Texas is going to be a 100 spots better in adjD than Pitt after this game. It's comparing apples to oranges. 

• Pancho unpinned this topic