Texas Basketball 2023-24

MuellerHorn

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

the only people who think about that are Texas fans. No one else even gives a shit. 

Some poster on here was worried about  fans holding up signs of Beard in his jumpsuit at away games and how that would make UT look bad and people clutch their pearls. I don’t think that’s happened not 1 bit for Mississippi at away games. I don’t think people even remember what happened to Beard and why he got to Mississippi. 

This.  

Same principle at work as when all the blue hairs got bent about our opening video this season with the overweight rapper with his shirt off. Notice how it only lasted one game before they changed it to only show him with his shirt on?  That lasted one game and then he was totally removed   We are a bunch of pearl clutchers  

We took the easy way out by letting him go after privately telling him it would blow over. Then we compounded the mistake by getting bullied into hiring RT.  Tired of seeing comments that we had no choice. I know for a fact that when RT was made interim there was no thought about hiring him. We always have choices. Some are hard, and some are easy. We made two easy choices and now look at where it put us.  I understand that not everyone thinks firing Beard was a mistake. I respect that. But, the only reason we had to hire RT was because the powers that be let circumstances dictate our actions as opposed to getting control of them and taking the path that was best for the program. 

I also don’t buy the argument that RT saved the season. That was a mature, talented and veteran team that was much easier to put in a position to win. Donewald had the offense in a much better place than Haith has it now.  RT sealed his fate when he brought in Haith to effectively run the program as a comfort hire. 

I think that we have some good players but they are not being utilized in a way to maximize what they do well. We were flat out coached last night. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Tired of seeing comments that we had no choice. I know for a fact that when RT was made interim there was no thought about hiring him. We always have choices. Some are hard, and some are easy. We made two easy choices and now look at where it put us.  I understand that not everyone thinks firing Beard was a mistake. I respect that. But, the only reason we had to hire RT was because the powers that be let circumstances dictate our actions as opposed to getting control of them and taking the path that was best for the program. 

yep. when we were making our postseason run and everyone was talking about the “optics” of not hiring RT and how we could never recover from that, i said that if we hired someone else and made the right hire that all of the blowback would be short lived, and eventually a distant memory. if we thank terry for what he did in the most classy and public way possible while still hiring the best available option, then right now RT is back at a UTEP level school (maybe even a little bit better), he’s doing worse than our program is, and nobody is clamoring on about how terrible Texas was for not just giving RT the job, when in reality we never wanted to hire him in the first place. but like you said, we be some serious pearl clutchers here in Austin and at UT.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I also don’t buy the argument that RT saved the season. That was a mature, talented and veteran team that was much easier to put in a position to win. Donewald had the offense in a much better place than Haith has it now.  RT sealed his fate when he brought in Haith to effectively run the program as a comfort hire. 

If Terry has a major failing this season it's the roster that he assembled. The gap between who Marcus Carr was last season and who Abmas and Hunter have been so far is large and Rice was a better player than both of them as well. Part of that is obviously on the players - but it took me all of 10 minutes watching these guys to know that our backcourt was going to be an issue. The difference between '23 and '24 so far is not Donnewald vs. Haith. It's mainly losing arguably the best player in the B12 and a bunch of other super-seniors that had experience playing together. 

From what I've watched, Texas has not looked particularly poorly coached to my eye, outside of the normal subpar rotations that RT was already making last season. We look like a lot of guys that aren't comfortable playing together yet with some serious roster issues on top of it.

There's a lot of ball left to play this season but I just don't see a very high ceiling for these guys. We're too hamstrung by the limitations of Tyrese and Abmas and guys like Shedrick and Horton just aren't very good. 

2023 would have been a tough act to follow for any coach. It was the best Texas basketball season in 15 years and Terry was a huge part of it. He appears to not have done a great job in the offseason assembling a group that can be particularly competitive come March - but shit happens. I don't think he's incapable of seriously upgrading the roster for 2025 and 2026. 

Texas fans also need to relax with their expectations. Terry is allowed to have a season that doesn't result in a B12 tourney title and elite eight banner. I'd be far from out on RT if we finished 9-9 in the B12 and lost a close ro32 game. That's a completely acceptable result for this roster. 

Are these guys going to do that? I don't know. I hope it's not a 6-10, miss the tourney or ugly first-round exit team but that's certainly possible. If that is what winds up happening then, yeah, CDC needs to start kicking the tires. I just think it's a little early to start freaking out about hiring RT.

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Hmm, debatable. He's doing his penance in Oxford right now, but he'll get them winning and in the Tournament on the reg, and then he'll look to make another jump to a blueblood. 

And unless Beard self destructs again, those bluebloods will come calling.

Based on accomplishment, potential?  How do we decide?  If there was a coach draft I’d think he’d go top ten(assuming criminal activity isn’t factored in) but top three idk

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Based on accomplishment, potential?  How do we decide?  If there was a coach draft I’d think he’d go top ten(assuming criminal activity isn’t factored in) but top three idk

It's an interesting discussion.  Just looking at the Big 12 alone, it's hard to argue that Self and Drew aren't "better" than Beard.  It wouldn't be difficult to come up with a few other guys nationally that fit that mold.  6 more?  Nah.  Beard's in that top 10 for sure, but top 3?  On potential, maybe.  

He was damn sure the best coach I've seen on the 40 Acres in my time, though.  Dumbass.

16 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

talking long term he’s top 5 no doubt, with a pretty good argument for no.1. he and tommy lloyd are probably 1 and 2 in the long term category.

Not if he keeps drinking and getting into domestic abuse situations. 

Terry isn't my first pick of who I would want coaching Texas but Beard isn't either. Dude had his chance and fucked up royally.

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

this school and its alumni/fan base have gargantuan resources. what can we do to take down the university of arizona as a higher learning institution, thus forcing tommy lloyd to find a new job? 

If CDC wants Lloyd he will get him. Arizona has no money and won't do a bidding war.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

The thing I can't shake about Beard is how much of a sure thing he was.  I mean, one might have been pretty confident Shaka or Tom Herman or whoever was gonna kill it, but with Beard it was blatantly obvious.  

It's the stuff of nightmares. He felt like the Chosen One. Not just basketball success, either. He was going to be such an amazing ambassador for all the sports programs. I won't ever forget how I felt watching him give his speech at the Longhorn Welcome, proudly shouting that he's an alum. Gave me chills.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Not if he keeps drinking and getting into domestic abuse situations. 

Terry isn't my first pick of who I would want coaching Texas but Beard isn't either. Dude had his chance and fucked up royally.

beard is my first choice for Texas 100%. he’s already proven that he should be. i don’t want to re-open that can of worms all over again, but i’ll just reiterate that if he and randy trew switched genders then he 100% would be seen as the victim in this case, and rightfully so. he’s not a wife beater with an abusive history- that would be randy trew. chris beard is a moron with terrible taste who flew too close to the sun and lost his dream job. if he were actually a pos wife beater i’d want nothing to do with him. but he’s not, and it’ll eat at me for some time that his stupidity cost him his job and all of us a couple decades of basketball dominance.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Sorry.  A line has to be drawn.  Mine may be different than yours.  Mine starts much sooner than wife beater though, maybe yours doesn't?

Also have you seen Ole Miss's schedule?  His 1 was a dog stomp by Rick Barnes.  

Beard is not a top three coach.

I drew the line. For personal life activities that do not involve the university it's felony. After felony comes multiple time offender. 

When was the last time Ole Miss was undefeated in non conference? You know as well as we do he'll have them respectable very quickly then a power program will hire him. He's a great college basketball coach who came within a few made buckets of winning a NC at Texas Tech then built us up from Shaka's embarrassment to the elite 8 in less than 2 full years. 

I'm on the verge of being done with the basketball program because obviously the university isn't serious about winning titles. It should be a complete embarrassment for this university to have never won a men's NC in basketball and they don't give a shit. 

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I drew the line. For personal life activities that do not involve the university it's felony. After felony comes multiple time offender. 

When was the last time Ole Miss was undefeated in non conference? You know as well as we do he'll have them respectable very quickly then a power program will hire him. He's a great college basketball coach who came within a few made buckets of winning a NC at Texas Tech then built us up from Shaka's embarrassment to the elite 8 in less than 2 full years. 

I'm on the verge of being done with the basketball program because obviously the university isn't serious about winning titles. It should be a complete embarrassment for this university to have never won a men's NC in basketball and they don't give a shit. 

Did they play any ranked non conference teams?   Maybe Memphis?  I didn’t see anyone else

Texas fans and administration couldn’t handle a sign being up about beard. Only we care about dumb shit like that. By next season no one will care and beard will have an even better roster built. But Texas will never hire beard back so that shouldn’t even be in the discussion. Just gonna have to ride this out and hope for the best. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I mean you said it was an interestign discussion and then called someone (maybe me) a dumbass. Wait or you’re talking about CB?  Ok now I do sound like the dumb ass

Yeah, I was talking about Beard.

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Thats being a little melodramatic. They  fired Rick Barnes and hired Shaka which was regarded as a  major coup at the time despite how it turned out. And then when the fiscal uncertainty of Covid shook out, we arranged for Shaka to leave and scored Chris Beard. Both of those moves strike me as a school looking to have success in basketball. You've been  pretty clear about your thoughts  we should have kept Beard, but that was never happening at Texas. I get that he  was uniquely suited for the gig as an alum, but that shit wasnt gonna  fly here. My guess is it wouldn't have flown if it was Herman or Sark either, so does that mean we dont give a shit about football? Hardly. 

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Some Texas fans really struggle with the idea that we're just going to demand a little bit better behavior out of our coaches than the average school might.

How many other head coaches have been arrested for a felony domestic assault? How many comparisons do we have to work with here?

Even if Chris Beard is innocent of the charges, he's still responsible for being in that situation in the first place. He had plenty of warning signs. I don't understand making Chris Beard blameless here for the sake of winning in basketball. And I loved Chris Beard. The bar wasn't even that high. Just don't get arrested. Texas has covered up all kinds of poor behavior that didn't reach the public eye. 

I don't think we have to go the route that Texas is a special snowflake that holds coaches to a higher standard of conduct. Or if we do, I feel like we should at least be able to present a list of coaches with similar circumstances that were kept on.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Some Texas fans really struggle with the idea that we're just going to demand a little bit better behavior out of our coaches than the average school might.

I agree that is the attitude of the powers that be except when conduct most likely wont hit the media. 

32 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Thats being a little melodramatic. They  fired Rick Barnes and hired Shaka which was regarded as a  major coup at the time despite how it turned out. And then when the fiscal uncertainty of Covid shook out, we arranged for Shaka to leave and scored Chris Beard. Both of those moves strike me as a school looking to have success in basketball. You've been  pretty clear about your thoughts  we should have kept Beard, but that was never happening at Texas. I get that he  was uniquely suited for the gig as an alum, but that shit wasnt gonna  fly here. My guess is it wouldn't have flown if it was Herman or Sark either, so does that mean we dont give a shit about football? Hardly. 

100 percent if Sark gets a misdemeanor next week that gets completely dropped he isn't getting fired. 

If Herman had done it in 2019 or 2020 he would have been fired. 

You don't fire a coach who is on the path to winning you a title for a single incident misdemeanor, especially that was completely he said/she said domestic, that was then completely dropped by the police for lack of evidence. 

This university cares about winning football titles. They'll damn near kill to win another title.

They wouldn't mind winning a basketball one if it happens. I just can't accept that lack of commitment to win it all. Why waste time when it really doesn't matter?

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

100 percent if Sark gets a misdemeanor next week that gets completely dropped he isn't getting fired. 

You don't fire a coach who is on the path to winning you a title for a single incident misdemeanor, especially that was completely he said/she said domestic, that was then completely dropped by the police for lack of evidence. 

This university cares about winning football titles. They'll damn near kill to win another title.

They wouldn't mind winning a basketball one if it happens. I just can't accept that lack of commitment to win it all. Why waste time when it really doesn't matter?

I can promise you if Sark is arrested for beating his wife next week, the same thing will happen to him that happened to Beard. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

We're talking hypotheticals. I just want someone to point to me all the head coaches that are running around at their current job after being arrested with a felony domestic charge while being employed there. It's not all that common. The reason it's not that common is because the men in those situations don't put themselves in the position for that to happen. Including Sarkisian. 

No argument regarding the difference in priorities between football and basketball, but if they had no interest in winning in basketball, they wouldn't have hired Beard for over $5m per year in the first place. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I hate when my girlfriend accidentally calls the cops with a bite mark on her arm and bruises saying I hit her and put my arm around her neck when in reality nothing happened at all and it was just a misunderstanding.

I’m sure that happens to everyone else all the time.

It’s embarrassing how Beard’s PR team brainwashed people. There are some who truly think HE is the victim in this which is so funny and sad at the same time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Lets be clear here. The case was not pursued further because the girlfriend refused to cooperate/press charges, not because of a “lack of evidence”. 

Speaking of which, one of the funniest parts of the ordeal was 12 days after the  incident when they decided to Friday afternoon news dump an apology for her breaking his glasses.

I’m sorry this University holds their high ranking employees to a low standard of please don’t get the cops called to your house at 1 AM and end up in an orange jumpsuit regardless of the circumstances.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I hate when my girlfriend accidentally calls the cops with a bite mark on her arm and bruises saying I hit her and put my arm around her neck when in reality nothing happened at all and it was just a misunderstanding.

I’m sure that happens to everyone else all the time.

It’s embarrassing how Beard’s PR team brainwashed people. There are some who truly think HE is the victim in this which is so funny and sad at the same time.

nah, this is wrong. she was drunk, he was sober; he tried to get away from her, she wouldn’t stop following him around the house; she kept on antagonizing him, he kept ignoring her; when he wouldn’t respond to her verbal jabs she got physical with him; after all of this he finally retaliated and put his hands her just to get her crazy ass to stop. it’s all in the report, and she’s admitted that this is how it went down. you switch the genders, and randy trew is a violent predator with a history of abusive behavior, and chris beard is an innocent victim. there’s no spin to this. that’s what happened. those are the facts. he’s still a fucking idiot for getting with her, staying with her, and putting his hands on her, but this idea that he’s an abuser and that she’s his victim is, frankly, total horseshit. it makes it sting 10x worse.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

We're talking hypotheticals. I just want someone to point to me all the head coaches that are running around at their current job after being arrested with a felony domestic charge while being employed there. It's not all that common. The reason it's not that common is because the men in those situations don't put themselves in the position for that to happen. Including Sarkisian. 

No argument regarding the difference in priorities between football and basketball, but if they had no interest in winning in basketball, they wouldn't have hired Beard for over $5m per year in the first place. 

There was no felony. The DA declined to even press charges due to the he said/she said nature and lack of evidence. 

They got him in the first place because it was the obvious hire and a guy who would revitalize the program to the point of making far more money for the university than the $5 million they'd pay him. They wouldn't mind winning a title and will go for it if it's easy and doesn't require any risk or much effort, but they aren't 100 percent dedicated to doing what it takes to win. That's completely evident and why we have the shit show on the court we have right now. 

And that just isn't good enough for me. My time and money are too valuable to waste on half measure bullshit. It's why I find myself pulling away from the program and probably won't post much here about it any more. This today is maybe the 4th or 5th time I've posted about it all season. Such a shame because if they put in 80 percent of the effort on basketball they do for football we could be a national power with sustained success at the highest levels. We're the flagship university in the best talent rich basketball state in the country for fucks sake. It's frustrating. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Lets be clear here. The case was not pursued further because the girlfriend refused to cooperate/press charges, not because of a “lack of evidence”. 

Speaking of which, one of the funniest parts of the ordeal was 12 days after the  incident when they decided to Friday afternoon news dump an apology for her breaking his glasses.

I’m sorry this University holds their high ranking employees to a low standard of please don’t get the cops called to your house at 1 AM and end up in an orange jumpsuit regardless of the circumstances.

That's not how it works. This isn't a civil matter. If the police found and turned over sufficient evidence to the DA of a crime to convict the DA could file charges regardless of what the victim wants. It would only matter if the victim's testimony would be crucial to getting a conviction. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

We're the flagship university in the best talent rich basketball state in the country for fucks sake. It's frustrating.

We went 8 years between tournament wins and 15 years between sweet 16 appearances.

Perhaps we were on our way to becoming the flagship university for basketball but we had the same amount of decade-long success as North Texas, Stephen F Austin and Abilene Christian up until last year.

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

nah, this is wrong. she was drunk, he was sober; he tried to get away from her, she wouldn’t stop following him around the house; she kept on antagonizing him, he kept ignoring her; when he wouldn’t respond to her verbal jabs she got physical with him; after all of this he finally retaliated and put his hands her just to get her crazy ass to stop. it’s all in the report, and she’s admitted that this is how it went down. you switch the genders, and randy trew is a violent predator with a history of abusive behavior, and chris beard is an innocent victim. there’s no spin to this. that’s what happened. those are the facts. he’s still a fucking idiot for getting with her, staying with her, and putting his hands on her,  it this idea that he’s an abused amd that she’s his victim is, frankly, total horseshit. it makes it sting 10x worse.

So at best he is an extremely poor decision maker who still put his hands on a female.

At worst, he’s guilty of much more.

Again, the low bar set to be a coach at this university is to not have the cops called to your house at 1 AM and end up in an orange jumpsuit. If you feel you are in danger of not meeting that low bar tied to your employment then go check into a Motel 6 for the evening.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

That's not how it works. This isn't a civil matter. If the police found and turned over sufficient evidence to the DA of a crime to convict the DA could file charges regardless of what the victim wants. It would only matter if the victim's testimony would be crucial to getting a conviction. 

You and I both know how it works in domestic violence cases when it comes to moving forward to convict without a cooperating victim.

Alright I’m done with this convo. The whole original point that was made is he is never coaching here again and he has no one to blame but himself for that.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

We went 8 years between tournament wins and 15 years between sweet 16 appearances.

Perhaps we were on our way to becoming the flagship university for basketball but we had the same amount of decade-long success as North Texas, Stephen F Austin and Abilene Christian up until last year.

So what does that tell you about their level of commitment? You're proving my point and agreeing with me. 

I used to think it was more about just not finding the right coach to get the right players to really make it happen. But now it's clear even with the right coach their dedication to paying the price for the ultimate success in this sport isn't there. 

This isn't women's sports or Olympic sports where almost no money is put in nationally. There are major power universities that put more into men's basketball than they do football. We can't compete with them for titles if we're not on that same level of commitment. 

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

You and I both know how it works in domestic violence cases when it comes to moving forward to convict without a cooperating victim.

Alright I’m done with this convo. The whole original point that was made is he is never coaching here again and he has no one to blame but himself for that.

I don't really care. This is my closure. I grew up loving Texas basketball far more than Texas football. I just can't do it anymore. I'm saying goodbye to the program and this is my way of doing it. 

Adios bitches

• Fuck You 1

There was no felony. The DA declined to even press charges due to the he said/she said nature and lack of evidence. 

They got him in the first place because it was the obvious hire and a guy who would revitalize the program to the point of making far more money for the university than the $5 million they'd pay him. They wouldn't mind winning a title and will go for it if it's easy and doesn't require any risk or much effort, but they aren't 100 percent dedicated to doing what it takes to win. That's completely evident and why we have the shit show on the court we have right now. 

And that just isn't good enough for me. My time and money are too valuable to waste on half measure bullshit. It's why I find myself pulling away from the program and probably won't post much here about it any more. This today is maybe the 4th or 5th time I've posted about it all season. Such a shame because if they put in 80 percent of the effort on basketball they do for football we could be a national power with sustained success at the highest levels. We're the flagship university in the best talent rich basketball state in the country for fucks sake. It's frustrating. 

I'm in the same boat for different reasons. I just don't like posting when all I'm going to be posting about is negativity, and that's where I am right now. But I don't agree with you that it's the university's fault because they're acting in a half ass way.

There was a felony arrest. That's not the same as saying there was a felony, but it's sure not the same as saying it was a misdemeanor, either. He wasn't arrested for writing a bad check. 

I don't think the board - or the basketball program - is going to miss the presence of either you or me. Your post makes it seem like you're standing on some kind of principle, but nobody cares. I agree it's frustrating we're in this situation, but we'll see what happens after Terry is fired, which will be in another season or two. It wouldn't surprise me if it's at the end of next year unless he manages to make it to a Sweet 16, which I don't think is even a remotely reasonable expectation.

• Hook 'Em 1

I didn’t like it at the time but I understand why they felt like they had to let him go. To not do so would be to go against all the advice they were getting at the time.  No one wants to stick their neck out, I get it. 
But, I do believe that it was a colossal failure of the administration to let the narrative build until a point where they lost control of it and then felt backed into the corner to make a bad decision (hiring RT) and just hope for the best. 

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

So at best he is an extremely poor decision maker who still put his hands on a female.

At worst, he’s guilty of much more.

Again, the low bar set to be a coach at this university is to not have the cops called to your house at 1 AM and end up in an orange jumpsuit. If you feel you are in danger of not meeting that low bar tied to your employment then go check into a Motel 6 for the evening.

yeah, well, here’s the thing: this fan base, and in particular the denizens of this website, have made it clear that the standard set by rick barnes is nowhere close to good enough. being a top 8-10 ncaa basketball program for a full decade without a hint of scandal worse than myck kabongo lying about who bought him a plane ticket is deemed abso-fucking-lutely not good enough by our fans. one final four in 17 years isn’t good enough. three league titles in a killer basketball league isn’t good enough. two NPOY’s, five sweet 16’s, and 3 elite 8’s isn’t good enough. KD, TJ, LA, et al, aren’t good enough.

well, i hate to break it to our fans, but we’re all doing an amazing job of talking out of both sides of our mouth and/or trying to have our cake and eat it too here. you want to win titles? you probably gotta have a scumbag at HC. you don’t want a scumbag at HC? you live with the barneses and the shakas of the world. jay wrights are extremely few and far between. you’re either willing to look the other way a little bit for success, or you’re willing to “settle” for the rick barneses of the world. there’s pretty much no in between. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I didn’t like it at the time but I understand why they felt like they had to let him go. To not do so would be to go against all the advice they were getting at the time.  No one wants to stick their neck out, I get it. 
But, I do believe that it was a colossal failure of the administration to let the narrative build until a point where they lost control of it and then felt backed into the corner to make a bad decision (hiring RT) and just hope for the best. 

to say it as concisely as possible: the administration talked themselves into hiring a guy the absolutely did not want to hire.

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

to say it as concisely as possible: the administration talked themselves into hiring a guy the absolutely did not want to hire.

No, they knew better. They let the PR narrative get out of hand. 

This is the resume that they looked at to hire Coach Vic

IMG_9218.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

If sark gets a misdemeanor involving booze he’s done.  If any coach was caught in CBs predicament they are done imo 

10 hours ago, Hermanator said:

If Texas would have said Beard is suspended indefinitely to let the legal process play-out and RT will coach the remainder of this season, they still would have been forced to hire RT after the tourney run even with Beard’s charges dropped. 

47 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

If Texas would have said Beard is suspended indefinitely to let the legal process play-out and RT will coach the remainder of this season, they still would have been forced to hire RT after the tourney run even with Beard’s charges dropped. 

Tourney run, conference tourney run, media and players made RT the hire.   Early returns aren’t great but we’ll see how the season progresses

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I don't really care. This is my closure. I grew up loving Texas basketball far more than Texas football. I just can't do it anymore. I'm saying goodbye to the program and this is my way of doing it. 

Adios bitches

Oh, no.