2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

37 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Do we still not have a SP announced for the game in 4 1/2 hours? lol 

Are we about to bring up one of these scrub ass dudes like Watkins to make a start or are we activating Urquidy? 

Not sure there is another option on the actual current roster.  

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

When was the last time Gage pitched?

Not sure, but going straight bullpen day seems dumb when we aren't getting a day off tomorrow.  He's like what 2 inning max on a good day? 

I guess the positive is they all had a day off last night 

Edited by Scraps

30 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I don’t consider LMJ even on the team. Just some dude in weird H‑E‑B commercials and slinging coffee until proven differently.

He should probably just gently place the coffee on a shelf or table, most likely gonna tear something trying sling it around

• Haha 2

I think that the Rangers will be mentally broken once the Astros take over 1st place. Young teams if limited playoff experience usually don't react well when veteran teams finally chase them down and overtake them.

Rangers are losing players, while the Astros are getting our guys back.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, WBT said:

No more Bielak/Blanco starts will be nice.  They did an admirable job eating some innings but yeah.. 

So JV, Framber, Javier, France, and Brown for 1 turn and then to a 6-man the rest of the year when Urquidy comes back?

Sounds pretty good, especially once Framber and Javier are unfucked.

Not so fast my friend 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, n64ra said:

"Dusty Baker has now managed five no-hitters, tied for the fourth most in MLB history with Fielder Jones, Connie Mack, Leo Durocher and Bruce Bochy, according to Elias. Only Walter Alston (seven), A.J. Hinch (six) and John McGraw (six) managed more."

https://www.mlb.com/news/facts-and-figures-about-framber-valdez-no-hitter

image.gif.81a0516aa1ef84a0d3de437ecb58c495.gif

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

World’s highest paid hype man. 

Crane is paying $16 million for LMJ and $12 million for Brantley to not even play.

Better be working every game slinging mad cocktails and lattes at that bar to make up for it. 

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

We were in town the weekend of Nolan's no-no against the Dodgers but I was unable to convince my parents to take me to the game.  They said going to my grandfather's funeral was more important.

I was there. I was very young, but I remember it well. 

Trey Mancini DFA’d by Cubs

It’s a damn shame what we did to that boy. We plucked him from his comfortable perch in Baltimore, where he was a cult hero. We brought him right into a crucible of fire for World Series dominance, and the poor chap couldn’t handle the heat. And then we ditched him like the fat chick the morning after a drunk night at the bar. 

RIP Trey Mancini’s career. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Overlord said:

It’s a damn shame what we did to that boy. We plucked him from his comfortable perch in Baltimore, where he was a cult hero. We brought him right into a crucible of fire for World Series dominance, and the poor chap couldn’t handle the heat. And then we ditched him like the fat chick the morning after a drunk night at the bar. 

Great dude though.  I'm glad he got a ring with us.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Great dude though.  I'm glad he got a ring with us.

I took the boy to Chicago to see Wrigley and he was the most excited about Mancini (because Astros) .. We watched the replay of the catch he made off the Schwarber.... We talked about what a great guy he was an all that.. Crazy to think we may have been in person for his last MLB game.. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, texashorne said:

I took the boy to Chicago to see Wrigley and he was the most excited about Mancini (because Astros) .. We watched the replay of the catch he made off the Schwarber.... We talked about what a great guy he was an all that.. Crazy to think we may have been in person for his last MLB game.. 

He totally earned his ring with that one play. 

• Hook 'Em 7

36 minutes ago, Overlord said:

But that one night was totally worth it... 

In the eighth inning, Mancini corralled a wicked, one-hop grounder by Kyle Schwarber down the first-base line, sprawled into foul territory and then tagged the bag to strand runners at the corners. “I had nothing going through my head,” Mancini, who had not played in the field since Oct. 5, said. “I just tackled it, basically.”  A late sub at first base after Yuli Gurriel got hurt — and playing in the field for the first time since Oct. 5 — Mancini stopped a grounder by Schwarber going nearly 100 mph. “Before the game, if you told me I contribute in a big way tonight, I thought it would come with my bat, not my glove,” Mancini said. “I’m much more known for my bat than my glove I’d say. “Just really happy to contribute. That was a huge win,” he said.

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/trey-mancini-astros-game-5-orioles-DWQAE7IT7VENZGMJ4O6BPXMNCE/

• Hook 'Em 6

52 minutes ago, Overlord said:

At least we will have the memory of the 1 play he made.