2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

I love this fucking game so much. Literally no other sport can give you that. Tony Romo, eat your heart out.

Cricket commentators have lots of free time to bring up some great stories / tell jokes as well.

Here's Aussie commentator Kerry O'Keefe doing the classic Norm McDonald frog walks into a bank joke during a test match.  While he was telling the joke three or four bowls (pitches) were thrown.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Cricket commentators have lots of free time to bring up some great stories / tell jokes as well.

Here's Aussie commentator Kerry O'Keefe doing the classic Norm McDonald frog walks into a bank joke during a test match.  While he was telling the joke three or four bowls (pitches) were thrown.

Oh shit. 

Full ass jokes (set up and punch line. Not just inside joke shit) during game play. I might have to throw our British (and by extension the penal colony who couldn't throw off their oppressor Aussies) forefathers a bone here.

(I did actually lol as 1.) that was ridiculous 2.) it took forever and 3.) there was an actual game going 4.) It was funny!)

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

The history lesson and connections between Astros crew and hip-hop is exactly everything baseball is.

I love this fucking game so much. Literally no other sport can give you that. Tony Romo, eat your heart out.

Robert Ford’’s dad played a huge role in the early nyc hip hop scene 

https://theciphershow.com/episode/91/

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Scraps said:
2 minutes ago, slorch said:
It's baseball in 2023.  A moth farted on a player, so they come out.
Come the fuck on...

Weird beef

Not really.  he didn't need to come out.  let's fucking go.

9 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Oh shit. 

Full ass jokes (set up and punch line. Not just inside joke shit) during game play. I might have to throw our British (and by extension the penal colony who couldn't throw off their oppressor Aussies) forefathers a bone here.

(I did actually lol as 1.) that was ridiculous 2.) it took forever and 3.) there was an actual game going 4.) It was funny!)

I always told my Aussie buddies, "Oh that's right, you couldn't afford a real revolution."

Just now, Scraps said:
3 minutes ago, slorch said:
Not really.  he didn't need to come out.  let's fucking go.

He got hit with a line drive in potentially the kidney... calm down lol

That's why you get two?!!

I remember Vic was calling Brock Purdy a pussy...then it ended up his UCL had ruptured.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 8:32 AM, Snake Diggity said:

If Houston doesn’t acquire a bat and doesn’t feel the need to carry a 3rd catcher, I think Singleton should be the 13th position player on the playoff roster as a lefthanded bench bat who represents a real HR threat every time he comes up.  And how dope of a storyline would it be for him to hit a game winning extra inning HR in the Series.

Well god damn I didn’t know it was like that tho.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, runthebone said:

That's why you get two?!!

I remember Vic was calling Brock Purdy a pussy...then it ended up his UCL had ruptured.

I didn't call him a pussy, nor did I say it was his decision.

It just gets old seeing baseball be so fragile.

Do you think Nolan Ryan is coming out of the game?   Fuck no.