2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

If Yordan plays tomorrow Dusty Baker nèeds to be fired

You know he’s absolutely starting tomorrow. 
And can’t be having a guy starting a day game after pinch hitting in extras the night before.

but the way he’s been going lately, he probably would have looked just as foolish as dubon.

the argument earlier though about why not have him stand on deck for Maldy to try and influence a better pitch to meyers with Chas on third in the 8th is something I would have liked to see

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Do y'all not pay any attention to how this organization operates when it comes to injuries, even minor ones?

Are you actually buying into the story that he slammed his hand in a door?  If he has an injury, it is likely not a hand injury and sure as hell wasn’t caused by him slamming a door on it.  That type of bullshit cover up story is right up Dana Brown’s alley. 

1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

Are you actually buying into the story that he slammed his hand in a door?  If he has an injury, it is likely not a hand injury and sure as hell wasn’t caused by him slamming a door on it.  That type of bullshit cover up story is right up Dana Brown’s alley. 

When it comes to injuries, when they play they play.

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If I told any teacher growing up that my I had a rib broken from a massage, or my finger was jammed by slamming it in a door, or I'm bruised because I fell down the stairs, they all would have made a report to CPS because they know those are made up stories and clear signs of child abuse

Well, yeah. What kind of parent allows their kid to hang out in massage parlors?

• Haha 4

I’d be interested to know if he went to Dusty during that half inning to lobby for this. If not, then he’s a pussy, especially if he plays tomorrow. 
Glad his finger miraculously healed enough overnight to allow him to swing a bat this afternoon. Baseball players are pussies these days.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I really don't know why anyone on this thread would think any amount that was Yordans doing.

Dusty calls the shots. Yordan has zero control over that and could fight with Dusty til he is blue in the face and it won't matter.

Dusty is a stubborn old 80 yr old.

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I really don't know why anyone on this thread would think any amount that was Yordans doing.

Dusty calls the shots. Yordan has zero control over that and could fight with Dusty til he is blue in the face and it won't matter.

Dusty is a stubborn old 80 yr old.

Tell that to this shmuck 

IMG_4886.png

19 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Fuck either Dusty or Yordan or both because that's a fucking joke that he wasn't pinch hitting last night with the game on the line but he's fine enough hours later to be in the starting lineup.

This is bullshit. Every other star had a chance to end this game before it came to that point.  Don't try and make Yordan wear last night's loss.