2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

7 minutes ago, cabowabo said:
9 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:
I feel like we haven’t had a big come from behind win this year this late in a came.

lets do it  now 

Baltimore was a pretty big comeback.

How could I forget that one.

I almost drove the car in the ditch when Ford yelled “and tucker drills one!!!”

Just now, WBT said:

So Bregman just set the team record for 3B assists in a game?  That's cool I guess.  Weird that Kalas brought up that he tied it and didn't mention that he broke it on the next batter.

Yeah. I thought the same.

but that’s kalas

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

The way we play at home vs. on the road, I think we need to have the team stay in a hotel near MMP.

or Dusty can not just play a shit lineup with so many auto outs. 
I mean seriously, Peña surprises us with a double, and there was no doubt that the triumvirate of suck Meyers, Maldo, and Dubon would never bring him in. I get that Altuve getting hurt couldn’t be predicted. But there is no fucking reason Meyers should ever see the field unless it’s an emergency.  Makes zero sense that both Chas and Brantley’s bats sat on the bench the whole game (besides the last at bat). 

48 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

or Dusty can not just play a shit lineup with so many auto outs. 
I mean seriously, Peña surprises us with a double, and there was no doubt that the triumvirate of suck Meyers, Maldo, and Dubon would never bring him in. I get that Altuve getting hurt couldn’t be predicted. But there is no fucking reason Meyers should ever see the field unless it’s an emergency.  Makes zero sense that both Chas and Brantley’s bats sat on the bench the whole game (besides the last at bat). 

True, but Dusty trots out a lot of "interesting" lineups home and away. We just tend to play better ball on the road, which continues to baffle me. That broad trend started even before Dusty showed up. 

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

True, but Dusty trots out a lot of "interesting" lineups home and away. We just tend to play better ball on the road, which continues to baffle me. That broad trend started even before Dusty showed up. 

I think some confirmation bias is showing

Home; Away

2017: 48-33; 53-28

2018: 46-35; 57-24
2019: 60-21; 46-34

2021: 51-30; 44-37

2022: 55-26; 51-30

2023: 35-32; 42-27

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I loved Biggio and never lived Bagwell in the same way. That said Bagwell was by far the superior player to Biggio. Altuve probably needs 1 more big healthy season to fully surpass Biggio in my mind. 

I was going apples to apples 2B. If you ranked the three it would go Bag Big Altuve for me

• Like 1

Altuve has passed both with this current playoff run.  

Yep Altuve is the GOAT. Actually has been for a few years now.

Love Biggio and Bagwell, but they can't hold Altuves jock when it comes to the games that matter. Both them had raisin balls. Altuve has king kong nuts that he will drag across anyones face.

If Altuve is lucky enough to play as many games(he is right about 1200 less games) as Biggio he will blow his numbers away
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

He’s still behind Biggio and prob bagwell 

Biggio has a postseason batting average of .234 with 2 hrs. Bagwell has a postseason batting average of .226 and 2 hrs. Both over 6 postseasons. Altuve is at .271 with 23 hrs over 7 postseasons (and counting). Bregman is at .237 with 15 homers over those same seven seasons. Biggio is no higher than 3rd all time Astro in my book, and I love Biggio.

Edited by Ron McKelvey

30 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Love Biggio and Bagwell, but they can't hold Altuves jock when it comes to the games that matter. Both them had raisin balls. Altuve has king kong nuts that he will drag across anyones face.

I'm 53, I've lived through and loved my Astros across many different eras, this is inarguable and any Astros fan who says otherwise is just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1