2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Exactly none of us should take this Padres team lightly at MMPU. 

They could easily come in a do what NYY did. But at least they are a terrible road team (27-39) and have lost 4-10 on the road since Aug 1.

Something's gotta give here, and hopefully it's our streak of playing like shit at home. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Js1 said:

Remind me how that Yankees series went 

Yankees had a bunch of young blood in the lineup that they probably took for granted.   But who knows exactly how this team will respond?  They've stepped it up against the Rays, Braves, Rangers, and Orioles, but shit the bed against the Yankees and Mariners.  They've had more big series wins than eggs laid, so I am hopeful.

The team is not taking anyone for granted or anyone else super serious. This isn't some fanciful movie, it's professional baseball. They played like shit against the Yankees, that's it. Every pitch is potentially worth tens of thousands of dollars to these guys.

Now let's hope they play well for the next two months. 

42 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Yankees had a bunch of young blood in the lineup that they probably took for granted.   But who knows exactly how this team will respond?  They've stepped it up against the Rays, Braves, Rangers, and Orioles, but shit the bed against the Yankees and Mariners.  They've had more big series wins than eggs laid, so I am hopeful.

This is why 9 against the A’s and Royals the rest of the way (with 6 at home) may have me as anxious as heading in to that Rangers series.

Say we win this series and go 7-2 against A’s/Royals. 
Does 5-4 against O’s, M’s, D-Backs (and 94 wins) get you the division? (Probably if 2 or 3 of those wins are against Seattle, even though we’ve already lost the season series with them)?

• Like 1

this team does as this team plays.  the opponent never ever matters.  we can sweep the braves on the road or get swept at home by some garbage team like the a's or the yankees.  it's always about how we're playing, which is why i try not to look at the schedule.  if you told me 6-3 from vs nyy, @bos, @tex and asked what the breakdown was, zero chance i come close on the guesses.

as for the padres, it's bizarre.  i've watched them a lot because i have several guys in fantasy.  they have a few good to great sp.  they have a pretty solid lineup, bolstered by a few true superstar talents.  they have a top closer.  it's a fucking mystery.  also i have no knowledge of any clubhouse drama, but culture is a real thing, and i would imagine theirs sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

So close. Diaz at C and Brantley at DH and we had it. Dusty just can’t bring himself to do it. Lol  Brantley is 6-for-13 lifetime with a homer and an OPS over 1.100 against Snell. Obviously not worthy of a start after a day off. At this point all you can do is laugh at the scenarios and lineups Dusty comes up with every day. He’s creative. This lineup is plenty good enough to win. Just once want to see the Death Star. 

• Rage+1 2

26 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

So close. Diaz at C and Brantley at DH and we had it. Dusty just can’t bring himself to do it. Lol  Brantley is 6-for-13 lifetime with a homer and an OPS over 1.100 against Snell. Obviously not worthy of a start after a day off. At this point all you can do is laugh at the scenarios and lineups Dusty comes up with every day. He’s creative. This lineup is plenty good enough to win. Just once want to see the Death Star. 

Yeah I saw those stats earlier today and figured it meant no Diaz with Yordan/ Brantley getting the DH/LF spots

But I guess 13 lefties against Snell would just be 1 too many 

2 minutes ago, animaltobacco11 said:

While he probably appreciates your Freudian slip in complimenting his physicality, I think you mean Adolis?

It’s well documented they are best friends.

Not even gonna delete. I’m just a dumb rangers fan, I deserve it

Edited by animaltobacco11

9 minutes ago, WBT said:

Our jerseys look too red to anyone else?

17 pitches and a run in is a good start against Snell

Yeah - They look red to me on this broadcast. Look normal on Sportsnet. 

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Brown is lucky that pitch wasnt put in the crawford boxes

I don't think Maldy is fixing him

Don’t tell Willis told me Dusty had to play maldy to straighten Hunter brown out. Weird. He also told me when maldy didn’t catch what should have been strike three in the first that makdy was the most sure handed catcher around. Guess he can’t read a stat sheet. 
I have no idea why we were favored against Blake Snell.