2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Bevo&Pevo said:

Give him some position to maybe save a little face as a special advisor, sr consultant or assistance to Jim C.  

This is a terrible terrible terrible idea.

like maybe the one job that would be worse for the future success of this franchise than the one he currently holds

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, LCHorn said:

I think it’s pretty clear that we are going to need to spend some money in the off-season.  

Yeah, but the good news is that we consistently do.  

Next season is about Hunter Brown becoming a top 3 starter, somebody other than Maldy becoming the everyday catcher, adding a bat somewhere else, and getting a good Major League manager.

All of that is doable, and if we stay healthy, we can go right back into the 100-win club.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I'm not really a Dusty guy, but I'm thinking some part of baseball has passed him by.   Got to be a better option.  Give him some position to maybe save a little face as a special advisor, sr consultant or assistance to Jim C.  

This is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. May God have mercy on your soul. MMP needs to be cleansed. Pack his shit up and send him out the door tomorrow morning. 

Edited by Macklemore
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

I still think he has done a lot for the pitching staff off the field. 

I could not possibly disagree more. I think he’s a selfish asshole and a malcontent who 29 teams rightfully believe is completely and totally unplayable (along with many in our FO) but maybe I’m the idoit. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, but the good news is that we consistently do.  

Next season is about Hunter Brown becoming a top 3 starter, somebody other than Maldy becoming the everyday catcher, adding a bat somewhere else, and getting a good Major League manager.

All of that is doable, and if we stay healthy, we can go right back into the 100-win club.

But can we get a new stadium built by next year 

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

Jesus Christ watching Bochy lay out the blueprint for Hinch in the 2014 World Series only to have that cock smoker clutch pearls and fuck it up to turn around and have him repeat the process against Dustard is just amazing.

As long as he's their manager, they will be the favorite to win this division.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

We need a legit CF... unless we have someone in the minors who is ready. Other than that I'd be fine keeping this team intact with a new manager. 

They have a top 10 (or better) CF already. It’s just the manager would rather give equal playing time to a utility infielder there.