2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

28 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

Now do maldy, abreu, and bregman.

Nah... the whole point is that this is arguably the best player line over the past 6 games.  This is a great stat line for 2 games and good for 3 games.  For 6 games it's about average.  And this is the best on the team.

43 minutes ago, Pablo said:

nothing yet, probably get some bad news tomorrow afternoon when Dusty is available

Yeah given where the Urquidy injury is, I don’t feel too great about that one either. Astros pitchers man, they never roll an ankle. Every, single, injury is 12-18 months.

Question for the board, how many spot starts can France and Whitley make before the Super 2 Deadline?

Bielak isn’t my favorite, buts he’s invaluable right now. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah given where the Urquidy injury is, I don’t feel too great about that one either. Astros pitchers man, they never roll an ankle. Every, single, injury is 12-18 months.

Question for the board, how many spot starts can France and Whitley make before the Super 2 Deadline?

Outside of Lance and JV, our rotation has been really stable.  I am most concerned about Garcia though, most twitter comments seem to think its TJ.  Urquidy is a mystery, he is shut down, but people online seem less stressed about his return

I'll leave the Super 2 Deadline question to the real experts

Multiple sources: The Seattle Mariners are calling up RHP Juan Then. He will be in Seattle tomorrow.

Then, 23, was a Mariners int’l free agent signing in 2016. He’s been up to 99 with a breaking ball that has improved a ton over the last calendar year. 11 K in 9 IP at AA.

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

We don’t typically know when Super 2 is (it’s figured out after the fact- but generally it falls somewhere on the calendar between June 5-25 (and again- it’s not known until the end of the year when it happened so it’s conjecture). 
they can pull them up and send them back down (Tucker had this happen to him) and they end up not being super 2. Of they spot started for a month and then went back down they would not be super 2. Up from mid June through the end of the year and almost definitely super 2. 

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Multiple sources: The Seattle Mariners are calling up RHP Juan Then. He will be in Seattle tomorrow.

Then, 23, was a Mariners int’l free agent signing in 2016. He’s been up to 99 with a breaking ball that has improved a ton over the last calendar year. 11 K in 9 IP at AA.

So Who was on first yesterday?

Not Then.

Or something like that.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

FvO0rmRWcAQm97_?format=jpg&name=large

Pic makes me sad about Ken.  Should have had multiple GGs as an Astro.  Finally got some with SD because back then you had to be a great hitter to get one.  I think it's one of the reasons that he started roiding.  Of course the crack use was great either

Edited by uoftorange
  • Like 1

Tonight's game starts at 9:15...furk.

Excited about playing the M's and Division tilts, but damn that Pacific timezone.  LOL.

Feels like team is deciding "who" it is going to be.  Let's be winners!

45 minutes ago, slorch said:

Tonight's game starts at 9:15...furk.

Excited about playing the M's and Division tilts, but damn that Pacific timezone.  LOL.

Feels like team is deciding "who" it is going to be.  Let's be winners!

You Central time zone guys have it easy...says the guy following from Georgia. But no matter what time it is where any Astros fan happens to be, let's win. 

• Like 1