2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

White Sox manager gets tossed in this dodgers game. I dont even know why, as I just had the game on in the background. But I love a good manager/umpire dustup. It cracks me up when they both get in each others faces and start yelling, pointing, gesturing, etc... Grown men losing their shit for a couple of minutes and then everyone gets back to the game. 

Guess he’ll be our new whipping boy since Harris & Abreu have picked it up a bit. 

There’s no greater question mark than Segura, who has been the worst everyday player in the majors.

The veteran infielder owns a .190/.259/.234 slash over his first 225 plate appearances in South Florida. While Segura has never been a prototypical power threat, he’s reached double digit homers in each of the last six full seasons. This year, he’s connected on just one longball. Among hitters with 200+ plate appearances, Segura has easily the lowest slugging percentage. (Alex Call is second from the bottom at .295.) He’s also last in on-base percentage and tops only Nick Maton and Kyle Schwarber in batting average.

That’s disastrous offense, and Miami’s gamble in moving Segura to a position with which he’s not familiar hasn’t panned out on that side of the ball either. Defensive Runs Saved has pegged him as five runs worse than the average third baseman through just over 500 innings. Statcast isn’t quite so harsh but has him two runs below par.

Most no-doubter HR, 2023

1. ------------ 12
2-T. Shohei Ohtani (LAA): 11
2-T. Ronald Acuña Jr. (ATL): 11
2-T. Matt Olson (ATL): 11
5. Jorge Soler (MIA): 10

No-doubters: Batted balls that would be home runs in all 30 Major League ballparks, based on trajectory, wall heights and distances, and environmental factors.

I deleted #1, any guesses? 

I was going to go with a homer guess of Yordan but I guess not
Yeah i made the deduction he wouldn't be asking if it was someone obvious like Yordan or Alonso lol.

Yordan looks to only have 5....Robert 6. If the data i am seeing is correct

I'm talking to my 78 year old grandpa on the phone right now and we're talking Rangers ball and the modern game. 

He brought up something about the strike zone and how it could be automated and I asked him: "Would you like it if they made it automated/electronic?"

And he goes "Yeah. Yeah I would."

The fuck are we doing here. Who are we preserving 

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm talking to my 78 year old grandpa on the phone right now and we're talking Rangers ball and the modern game. 

He brought up something about the strike zone and how it could be automated and I asked him: "Would you like it if they made it automated/electronic?"

And he goes "Yeah. Yeah I would."

The fuck are we doing here. Who are we preserving 

Now he's telling me about how he was amazing in Babe Ruth league but the coaches never played him. 

Napoleon Dynamite GIF

After the White Sox played some defensive checkers, slotting in Remillard at second base and Elvis Andrus sliding over to shortstop, Remillard went all-out. With a handful of family members in attendance, the infielder reached base in all four of his plate appearances, drawing a walk in his first MLB plate appearance before going 3-for-3. He cracked a bunt single for his first big league hit in the seventh inning, then hit a game-tying RBI single in the ninth and a game-winning RBI single in the top of the 11th.

Remillard became the first player in the Modern Era (since 1901) to have both a game-tying and a go-ahead hit in the ninth inning or later of his Major League debut. 

Baseball, man. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1