2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

36 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m not sure if this speaks more about the Angels or Ohtani. Regardless, it’s unprecedented. His free agency is going to be fun to watch. 

he should have won the mvp last year, even with the mlb handing judge their special juiced balls. ohtani only had the greatest single season in baseball history in 2022. no big.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 6/16/2023 at 3:06 AM, shadow_operative said:

just as we all predicted.

Kinda crazy that the Cubs have two of the top 3 ERA leaders in the NL (Steele slipped to #3 since your post), and are nonetheless in 4th place in their division.  And that's in the shitty NL Central, for chrissakes.

And when was the last time you saw a division that had only one team with a positive run differential . . . and that team was in 4th place?  I'm not sure if that says more about the ineptitude of the NL Central or the Jekyll-and-Hyde nature of the Cubs.  Maybe both.   

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

he should have won the mvp last year, even with the mlb handing judge their special juiced balls. ohtani only had the greatest single season in baseball history in 2022. no big.

You still believe the juiced ball story, even after the author of the actual study denounced it and said the public was grossly misunderstanding the findings? That’s adorable.

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

You still believe the juiced ball story, even after the author of the actual study denounced it and said the public was grossly misunderstanding the findings? That’s adorable.

Since you have a tendency to talk out of your ass, I’m sure we would all like a link detailing said retraction. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Since you have a tendency to talk out of your ass, I’m sure we would all like a link detailing said retraction. 

In the article that broke the story he said the study should be taken with a grain of salt because the baseballs used for it were not random and the overall number studied was statistically insignificant 

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

In the article that broke the story he said the study should be taken with a grain of salt because the baseballs used for it were not random and the overall number studied was statistically insignificant 

Here’s the original article. Will you point out where the author or researcher said this? The only ones I see denying are MLB people and others with vested interests to do so.  

https://www.insider.com/mlb-used-two-balls-again-this-year-and-evidence-points-to-a-third-2022-12?amp

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Here’s the original article. Will you point out where the author or researcher said this? The only ones I see denying are MLB people and others with vested interests to do so.  

https://www.insider.com/mlb-used-two-balls-again-this-year-and-evidence-points-to-a-third-2022-12?amp

You should try learning to read 

Our sample is not random. We got balls from whatever sources were available to us, and we can't represent that any particular ball was sent for any particular reason to any particular game. We don't know whether Judge hit a Goldilocks ball on his way toward breaking the record. 

It’s also hilarious that this big major study that everyone cites as gospel was done by 1 woman. No one fact checked her or questioned her or challenged her or tried to replicate the study in any way. Probably out of fear of getting cancelled.

• Fuck You 1

On 6/20/2023 at 10:24 PM, UTexasFight said:

The Reds are in first place on the NL Central

alternate reality: the Reds are tied for last in the AL East

I believe the Pirates were leading that division last week before their fall off the plank…. Dogs & cats living together mass hysteria!