2023 Rangers/Astros thread of hate

ztejas

21 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

No one as in Arlington? Lmao. The one franchise that’s never done jack shit yet thinks of themselves as the upper echelon of mlb royalty? Sound familiar? Aggy rangers.

You might want to sit this one out.....  Rangers fans are annoying because they are DFW sports fans and so it's in their DNA but they know deep down in their cockles they haven't won shit yet...

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol. Calling Astros little brother? Is definitely raising yourselves above teams that have actually won. having two posters say it’s not so doesn’t make it so. I’ve heard multiple times and I’ve lived in Dallas since 1988. 

Was it when he was wearing his two WS rings? 

Anyone calling a Houston fan little brother is because 96% of the northward resentment from Houston, in terms of sports, stems from the fact that their football franchise(s) have never done shit.  Up until the Astros came to the AL, I rooted for both teams (until Houston bitchboi syndrome kicked in fullscale).  And up to that day, my reaction to Houston fans when talking about sports was...

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Congrats Rangers fans on your team making the ALCS!  I mean that sincerely. 

Now I want you all to close your eyes, take a deep breath and exhale slowly as you remember that feeling y'all had on that last Leclerc strikeout. Now imagine that happening SEVEN STRAIGHT SEASONS OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL.

And then winning the pennant in four of those seasons, followed by two World Series titles.

And all of it was built on organizational greatness, player development, and a culture of kicking everyone's ass and not just bought with massive free agent signings of 30+ year old stars from other teams.

Y'all deserve your fun this week because you've had a great season, but you ain't shit compared to the Houston Astros. 

DYNASTY, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Now kindly go fuck yourselves with Helo's Aaron Judge dildo.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

astros.gif

Also, how many fucking uniform colors have the Astros been through?   

That's the sign of a shitty franchise -- having to change your colors to sell gear.  

And your shitty franchise couldn't cut the mustard in DC even though the Expos have proven it seems to work just fine when you have a modicum of competence which is pretty funny since the Expos were the models of lack of competence.

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

astros.gif

That's the sign of a shitty franchise -- having to change your colors to sell gear.  

All of them better than the bland crap the Rangers have worn both as the Senators (yikes) and Rags. Pretty much the baseball version of the Texans unis...

• Hook 'Em 1

we rangers fans don't have a championship to savor.  we know a thing or two about baseball and praying to the baseball gods who haven't shown us anything.  most of us don't care one way or the other about the astros.  astros come lately fans pretending to know about baseball though is entertaining.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Anyone calling a Houston fan little brother is because 96% of the northward resentment from Houston, in terms of sports, stems from the fact that their football franchise(s) have never done shit.  Up until the Astros came to the AL, I rooted for both teams (until Houston bitchboi syndrome kicked in fullscale).  And up to that day, my reaction to Houston fans when talking about sports was...

giphy.gif

hakeem-olajuwon-clapping-ln2kgkifli22hj2

5 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

we rangers fans don't have a championship to savor.  we know a thing or two about baseball and praying to the baseball gods who haven't shown us anything.  most of us don't care one way or the other about the astros.  astros come lately fans pretending to know about baseball though is entertaining.  

Tell it again.... Got it signed at the Astrodome in 1988

PXL_20231012_201532675.thumb.jpg.9e4dadcb35478fc6da2c3a34bcb66bba.jpg

Edited by Pimphand

My first glove was a JR Richard autograph model.  Yep. I just got here in 2017.

Arlington fan is always the first to cast aspersions on Astrofan longevity or loyalty.  Nothing outs someone as a bigger bitch-ass punk than playing that line, as if you’re the only fan base who suffered through shitty teams.

Full disclosure: my catcher’s mitt was a Jim Sundberg, so fuck off.   Some of us grew up actually liking both squads, but fucking Arlington inferiority complex/ douchebag factor is oppressive AF.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

They dont own Texas!

Really was a pretty Aggy thing to rename the Senators with the whole state in the name when there was already an MLB team in Houston...

12 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Calling the Rangers fans/team the "Arlington Rangers" is as aggy as calling the Loghorns the t-sips. Whoop!!

Geography nerd in me just trying to help everyone out as to where the Rangers actually play their games since Texas is a big ass place

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

astros.gif

Funny, I thought the sign of a shitty franchise was being shitty at the sport they are supposedly pros at, like the Rangers.

Another sign of a shitty ass franchise - declining the opportunity to provide a tiny bit of help when a hurricane devastates a rivals city.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Arlington fan is always the first to cast aspersions on Astrofan longevity or loyalty.  

I disagree. The vehement defense and justification and rationalization of the Astros cheating their way to success shows that Astro fans are loyal.

I mean, an Astro player could probably shoot a person in broad daylight on 5th Avenue and an Astro fan would defend it., because we know how Houston man is.

Edited by BeardIP
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

I disagree. The vehement defense and justification and rationalization of the Astros cheating their way to success shows that Astro fans are loyal.

I mean, an Astro player could probably shoot a person in broad daylight on 5th Avenue and an Astro fan would defend it., because we know how Houston man is.

Your sock forgot where the hell you were Helo.  5th avenue???lolz

Stick to Valley football. It’s your strength. 

Edited by slorch

Y’all are a bunch of losers. I’m willing to bet that, per capita, there are more Aggies in the Metroplex than in Houston because Houston is more diverse. But who gives a shit? This is pro baseball on a Longhorn board. 

In any event, characterizing a team that has won as much as the Astros have won recently as “aggy” is just stupid. And we are for the most part Longhorn fans on this board, so arguing about which fanbase is more “aggy” is just a waste of breath. 

On one hand Rangers fans try to rip on Houston because we are too “Mexican.” On the other, we are too “aggy.” You can’t have it both ways, but the whole thing is stupid and both sets of fans should drop it. 

Edited by Planet Houston
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Y’all are a bunch of losers. I’m willing to bet that, per capita, there are more Aggies in the Metroplex than in Houston because Houston is more diverse. But who gives a shit? This is pro baseball on a Longhorn board. 

In any event, characterizing a team that has won as much as the Astros have won recently as “aggy” is just stupid. And we are for the most part Longhorn fans on this board, so arguing about which fanbase is more “aggy” is just a waste of breath. 

On one hand Rangers fans try to rip on Houston because we are too “Mexican.” On the other, we are too “aggy.” You can’t have it both ways, but the whole thing is stupid and both sets of fans should drop it. 

Lol ok aggy

51 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Being aggy has absolutely zero to do with on field accomplishments. Being aggy has nothing to do with the actual players on the field. It's the fanbase. Houston's fanbase is absolutely aggy. No one is calling the Astros players 'aggies'. It's the fans. It's the culture.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Being aggy has absolutely zero to do with on field accomplishments. Being aggy has nothing to do with the actual players on the field. It's the fanbase. Houston's fanbase is absolutely aggy. No one is calling the Astros players 'aggies'. It's the fans. It's the culture.

Well apparently you can’t read. Which is not surprising. I addressed both and it’s still fucking stupid. 

4 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Well apparently you can’t read. Which is not surprising. I addressed both and it’s still fucking stupid. 

A couple of them are too stupid to breathe but unfortunately their parasympathetic nervous system keeps them going.

Once society breaks down they will become nature's food pretty fast