NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

Maybe he needs to sexually harass some team employees to get the team winning again.

Was it harassment?  Isn’t the story that he was banging the wife of somebody in the front office, was told to cease and desist, and continued banging her?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Was it harassment?  Isn’t the story that he was banging the wife of somebody in the front office, was told to cease and desist, and continued banging her?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

That was the last Boston coach, I think. I get confused.

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

A. Interested to see how many 3's Julius settles for tonight. All that size and skill is just wasted.

Russillo had an all-time rant on his podcast yesterday about Julius Randle. Just total scorched earth. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

GS -8 seems insane to me

I thought that too, but I thought the SAC G7 line was off. 

Granted SAC completely shit the bed in that game in a way that this Lakers team never would. I think there's a good chance LA wins tonight . 

Stop it. LA isn't winning tonight. I thought Golden State figured some shit out in Game 4 getting a ton of easy shots, but they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn outside the paint and choked in the end. That won't happen at home. I do think LA can win Game 7 if it comes to that, but not tonight. Lakers aren't going to exert the necessary energy.

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Russillo had an all-time rant on his podcast yesterday about Julius Randle. Just total scorched earth. 

I guess he read my post. And had a decent game. But the dude just aggravates me when I watch because he spends so much time just hanging out. 

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Stop it. LA isn't winning tonight. I thought Golden State figured some shit out in Game 4 getting a ton of easy shots, but they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn outside the paint and choked in the end. That won't happen at home. I do think LA can win Game 7 if it comes to that, but not tonight. Lakers aren't going to exert the necessary energy.

12-3 Lakers run the second I posted this. I deserve that.

25 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

12-3 Lakers run the second I posted this. I deserve that.

This GS team (outside Curry) has been looking to fold, and I think tonight might be it. Whether it was the punch or just guys getting older in general, this team ain’t it. I don’t think Curry can go God-mode in 3 straight games.

12 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

This GS team (outside Curry) has been looking to fold, and I think tonight might be it. Whether it was the punch or just guys getting older in general, this team ain’t it. I don’t think Curry can go God-mode in 3 straight games.

I think there's a pretty decent chance that they lose relatively easily in Game 6. But they came out with the energy that I expected tonight, even if it is a last gasp.

Ham should have challenged the earlier obvious out of bounds call. Would have been easily reversed and could have let them cut the lead to single-digits, and some anxiety may have set in.

I've never understood saving your challenge for the hypothetical last-minute, tie-game missed call. Especially when you have an obvious challenge you'll win in a potential momentum-changing moment.

5 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

A. Interested to see how many 3's Julius settles for tonight. All that size and skill is just wasted.

B. Do NBA teams crash the boards anymore? 1 guy, who was already in the paint, goes for the rebound. The other four just run back.

Crashing the offensive glass is a recipe for getting run out of the arena in the modern game 

Ham should have challenged the earlier obvious out of bounds call. Would have been easily reversed and could have let them cut the lead to single-digits, and some anxiety may have set in.
I've never understood saving your challenge for the hypothetical last-minute, tie-game missed call. Especially when you have an obvious challenge you'll win in a potential momentum-changing moment.

I guess the thinking is let it roll because you have X amount of minutes to not let it harm you where a final min challenge could win you a possession for final shot or save a key player from fouling out. The challenge goes wasted if your ensuing possession is empty with 8:27 left in the 2nd qtr

I still have a good feeling we can see a Warriors/Suns WCF even with both being down 3-2. I think the Suns will hold serve at home tonight. And I think for one game, they can play well enough to take just one game in Denver in game 7. Not a big KD fan but he for sure has it in him to take over if needed but he will need Booker to play at a very high level the next 2 games.

I don't trust the Lakers to close this out. They easily have the talent to but the Warriors are a team unless they are injured, they find a way to win in the playoffs. I trust them more to win a game 6 on the road than the Lakers winning a game 7 on the road. Lakers better close this out in game 6.

Now saying all that, both Phoenix and GSW will get blown out....

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I still have a good feeling we can see a Warriors/Suns WCF even with both being down 3-2. I think the Suns will hold serve at home tonight. And I think for one game, they can play well enough to take just one game in Denver in game 7. Not a big KD fan but he for sure has it in him to take over if needed but he will need Booker to play at a very high level the next 2 games.

I don't trust the Lakers to close this out. They easily have the talent to but the Warriors are a team unless they are injured, they find a way to win in the playoffs. I trust them more to win a game 6 on the road than the Lakers winning a game 7 on the road. Lakers better close this out in game 6.

Now saying all that, both Phoenix and GSW will get blown out....

I was wondering - and I'll open it up to the board - would you rather be Phoenix or GS right now?

Phoenix gets G6 at home but they'd have to win 7 on the road.

GS has to go on the road and win G6 - but then they get 7 at home. 

I think Denver is the better opponent - but I also think that as long as you can get it to 7 you've got a shot - and PHO probably has a better chance to win G6.

Fwiw I think they both get closed out in 6.

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I was wondering - and I'll open it up to the board - would you rather be Phoenix or GS right now?

Phoenix gets G6 at home but they'd have to win 7 on the road.

GS has to go on the road and win G6 - but then they get 7 at home. 

I think Denver is the better opponent - but I also think that as long as you can get it to 7 you've got a shot - and PHO probably has a better chance to win G6.

Fwiw I think they both get closed out in 6.

For me it is the Warriors. I think they are the better complete team than the Lakers. All the need to do is win game 6 and then it is smooth sailing for them. AD is too up and down from game to game. I know the Warriors have been a bad road team this year but it's the playoffs and they are more than capable of winning. 

Denver has a better complete team than the Suns. They don't need Jokic/Murray to carry the whole team like the Suns need Booker/KD. Obviously not having CP3 changes a lot ala the 2018 WCF when he went out for Houston. There's even more pressure on KD/Booker. But I'd be nervous as a Denver fan if this goes 7 games, especially after being up 2-0. All Denver needed was to take one game in Phoenix and they more than likely win in 5. The longer this drags on, the more in favor it is for the Suns. It reminds me of the Mavs/Suns last year. Suns had the better team overall no doubt and they went up easy after 2 games. Clearly the better team. But they let Dallas home hold court in 3 and 4 and tied the series. Got another easy win in game 5 but failed to close Dallas out in 6. And then come game 7 in Phoenix, you had Dallas play their best game possible while Phoenix played their worst game possible and a flukey 50pt blowout loss happened. I sense we could be headed for that here. All it takes is for Denver to be off one game at home and Phoenix goes crazy and series over.

If the Nuggets can't get to the Finals this year, that is going to be a huge disappointment. And losing in the 2nd round would be a massive collapse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

First Chris Paul and now Deandre Ayton. Probably a net win for Phoenix as bad as he's been. It's like the basketball gods are doing Monty Williams job for him. 

I think they could have used CP in G5. 

Ayton may be a straight up addition by subtraction. The problem is that Biyombo has been horrendous. 

a superhuman Lonnie Walker saved the Lakers in Game 4, will there be a role player to step up for do-or-die Game 6? Laker nation should be prepared for a massive disappointment because they're not winning Game 7. 

Denver will close it out tonight. Shamet can't duplicate his hero game, KD can't hit a deep one, Joker gets a monster game tonight. 

Sixers better be 1000% focused in the early game.  

These playoffs are the most wide open I can remember, very juicy. 

• Like 1

a superhuman Lonnie Walker saved the Lakers in Game 4, will there be a role player to step up for do-or-die Game 6? Laker nation should be prepared for a massive disappointment because they're not winning Game 7. 
Denver will close it out tonight. Shamet can't duplicate his hero game, KD can't hit a deep one, Joker gets a monster game tonight. 
Sixers better be 1000% focused in the early game.  
These playoffs are the most wide open I can remember, very juicy. 

We also have no idea what team is fine with losing by 19

On 5/9/2023 at 9:34 PM, Blotto said:

Yeah, I'll have to remember to check the series price when it updates later tonight on my book. Boston at +250 or more would be tempting. I don't really trust Philly either.

Did you get any money down on Boston?  Not saying free money or anything but I have not for one minute at any time believed Philly is going to win this series. 

43 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Boston -2.5 tonight.

That's nuts. 

Should have been 22.5. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I forgot Doc Rivers was coaching. It makes perfect sense now. 

He’s good at not closing out series successfully. 
neither Harden nor Embiid can really be trusted in the playoffs and both of them, I think, are banged up.  Also, Boston is just better than them.