Maxine Waters Triggers the Trumpers

Hugo Stiglitz

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pelosi's response wording is so mind-numbingly trite and easy to ignore.

I hear Chief Dan George in the outlaw Josie Wales, "We must endeavor to persevere." The language of grad student papers and lawyers is killing rhetoric in this country. This typical release from Pelosi or any other Dem regarding current events completely lacks any persuasive or inspiring qualities.

"We really got 'em by talking about making America beautiful again. The sea to shining sea closing really brings it all together."

No. It doesn't. Sometimes short sentences provide poignance. 

Trump's use of hate and division invites backlash. I don't agree with Maxine Waters' call for extreme responses, but I understand the sentiment. This administration must be stopped cold by the peaceful voice of the people. America is being torn down. We must stop that.

That's my first pass at this. Surely somebody getting paid for this can do better. Surely the Dems can shake off some of their fear and timidity to allow expression in direct terms. Maybe not so surely. Sad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They are so oppressed.

I like how every national Dem leader is required to call out a lowly Congresswoman for another off-the-wall bit of lunacy, but the Liar-in-Chief getting adoring recommendations for a Nobel Prize is pretty much okay.

A lot of people need to be drowned in their soup.

We're going to need a bigger bowl of soup.

roy-scheider-as-police-chief-martin-brod

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

My first pass:

Don't start no shit, won't be no shit.  But everyone should make sure there is no loud talk or bad talk.

And OU still sucks.

Damn you! You could have let a few posts accumulate before topping me. 

I really don't think Democratic law makers calling for people to harass their political opponents is going to be a good look towards those on the fence in November.  It's not even that I don't agree with her.  Trump officials should be called out and made to feel uncomfortable for their inhumane and deceitful, anti-American behavior.  But someone in her position pushing it is just going to be ammo for Fox News and Sinclair out there in the coming months.  I can see the Hannity segment now....

"Remember when Michael...I mean Michelle Obama claimed they go high when we go low?  Well listen to what Maxine Waters had to say......"

• Haha 1

Well, Democrats and the left in general tend to bend over backwards to appear objective and compassionate, at least in comparison to the right.  It's their Achilles Heel.  If the Dems would just commit to a dirtier fight they'd never lose an election, and they wouldn't actually have to get much dirtier at all.

People are angry, but her suggestion to disrupt them out and about is a bit misguided. (she's not the only one suggesting this though)

I understand why she's doing it, but I don't know/think it's the right tactic. 

7 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

People are angry, but her suggestion to disrupt them out and about is a bit misguided. (she's not the only one suggesting this though)

There's a Trump quality to Maxine Waters in that she DGAF about being subtle or what her haters think.  

She is going to speak her mind consequences be damned. 

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There's a Trump quality to Maxine Waters in that she DGAF about being subtle or what her haters think.  

She is going to speak her mind consequences be damned. 

There's also a Trump quality that she's a fucking idiot. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

It's not Trump's lack of civility that has prompted this.  It's Trump's baby prisons and a bunch of other shit that lead to that last straw.  Big difference. 

Pelosi is clearly playing the long game.  She has no choice but take this position if she wants to stick to the script.

14 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

I'll take the other stance. The GOP is not pushing back against Maxine Waters because they believe they are being treated unfairly (although that's what they want their base to think). They're pushing back because she's standing in their way of normalizing their behavior.

I think the Democratic party should stand up and say, "you're damned right we are using authoritarian tactics against you. You cannot be reasoned with and you cannot be bothered to hold yourself to any moral standard whatsoever. There's no stopping authoritarians except by force." The right will interpret this as fascism, and they'll portray the left as hypocrites. But guess what? Hitler had to be forcibly removed from power by an invading army. That's fundamentally an authoritarian act. What's the saying about diamonds? Only diamonds are strong enough to cut diamonds?

It's natural to be scared such posturing could trigger an escalation, and that eventually enough escalation could lead to civil war. But we're losing the peace, so war may be inevitable whether we like it or not. The inevitability of conflict has got nothing to do with the response of the Democrats, it has everything to do with the GOP. They're the ones setting fire to this country.

The consequences of the GOP continuing its present course must either be a fight, or a capitulation. Compromise should be off the table. Look at Trump trotting out an irrelevant Obama era ruling as justification for detaining children, and then claiming the Democrats must compromise on building the wall in order to resolve the issue. You can't compromise with the GOP today, because they've weaponized compromise.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pelosi is clearly playing the long game.  She has no choice but take this position if she wants to stick to the script.

I concede there is likely some truth to this. Her goal may be to preserve the peace at all costs, anticipating larger scale defections from the GOP. But if she fails, we're fucked.

Wearing the maga hat gets you 10 high fives to 1 triggered. Most people aren't in the "do or die" political stance. The lefts unending negativity is repulsive and doubling down on everything is going to backfire, bad.

One side allows free speech and respects all arguements. One side censors and labels those who dare argue against their side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

7 minutes ago, ndawg said:

I concede there is likely some truth to this. Her goal may be to preserve the peace at all costs, anticipating larger scale defections from the GOP. But if she fails, we're fucked.

She’s going to attack but not at this moment.  

Pelosi is going to let Trump continue to destroy the conservative movement and the GOP.  Win or lose in the midterms, the democrats are going to go on an all out jihad on this administration because that’s their only option. 

Trump wants the democrats to fight back hard right now because his supporters respond more to the left’s outrage than Trump’s egregious malfeasance and incompetence.  Without the left visibly threatening, his supporters become complacent.  

Trump should keep talking about his red wave being a foregone conclusion if he wants the blue wave.

9 minutes ago, Bill Clinton said:

One side allows free speech and respects all arguements. One side censors and labels those who dare argue against their side.

No, you are implying your side (Republicans/Conservatives)allows for free speech and respects all arguments and that's definitely not true.  You know it's not true. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

The Dems need to bait and bait and bait until the true colors of the Trump GOP rear their racist heads. 

N bombs will be flying sooner rather than later. 

I think this is what she's doing. She does have the IDAF attitude, but suggesting she is stupid and purely doing this out of reaction/emotion is nonsense, she has pissed Trump and the Right off before and seems to be baiting them.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Like I said, Trump wants this fight now. It’s the only way he can rally his troops to come out and defend him in November.

Bring it. There are a lot of Trumpkins, but it's generally a fixed number and they already vote. Time for the opposition to make a stand.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I think this is what she's doing. She does have the IDAF attitude, but suggesting she is stupid and purely doing this out of reaction/emotion is nonsense, she has pissed Trump and the Right off before and seems to be baiting them.

Yep, and other elected officials need to jump in and do the same. And drop any niceties or attempts to take the high road. 

Hell, Trump said he’d pay the legal fees for anybody that beat up a protester and said maybe one of his Second amendment supporters would take care of Hillary. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Haha and Donnie claps back with a funny tweet calling her a man-faced dumb person. Trump's twitter game is one-hundred-emoji and the only reason he was elected, I think.  

His Twitter game is shit. So much ammo to use against him but nobody does.  He’s an idiot. All of his stuff can be rebutted but everybody is too chicken to take him on. That’s on the Dems and they’ll pay for it as long as they try to be above it. 

21 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Definitely a possibility that she and Pelosi are playing good cop/bad cop.

Edited by retread

Maybe stop to think that perhaps it is not that the left is intolerant of their views, it is, in fact, that their views are racist, xenophobic, and dangerously nationalist, and that they deserve the heat they are getting?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bill Clinton said:

She's brain dead. Love it. She should run for president. 

Every time hear her talk, I think, ‘what a completely disconnected lunatic’...well not every time...when I hear Trump before her, I actually think she’s sensible and would make a good President.  Weird.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

We should just rat fuck them back. I'm pretty sure we're all up in their shit anyway.

Yeah, not really.  The Russian people have been active measured for so long objective truth doesn’t exist much there anymore.

We should seize as much of Putin’s money here in the West.  Blacklist his oligarchs. Full embargo on Russia. Contribute more towards the Ukraine resistance and subvert whatever he’s doing in the Middle East.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, not really.  The Russian people have been active measured for so long objective truth doesn’t exist much there anymore.

We should seize as much of Putin’s money here in the West.  Blacklist his oligarchs. Full embargo on Russia. Contribute more towards the Ukraine resistance and subvert whatever he’s doing in the Middle East.

We have a Russian agent in the White House.

You'll have to be patient.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I really don't think Democratic law makers calling for people to harass their political opponents is going to be a good look towards those on the fence in November.  It's not even that I don't agree with her.  Trump officials should be called out and made to feel uncomfortable for their inhumane and deceitful, anti-American behavior.  But someone in her position pushing it is just going to be ammo for Fox News and Sinclair out there in the coming months.  I can see the Hannity segment now....

"Remember when Michael...I mean Michelle Obama claimed they go high when we go low?  Well listen to what Maxine Waters had to say......"

I tend to agree with this.  This is dumb politics and doesn't play into a broader long term strategy.  I'm sure it feels good, but better ways to deal with this.... this is obvious and sloppy.

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They are so oppressed.

Who is oppressed? I think it's all very silly.  She probably didnt like it when restaurateurs wouldn't allow black people to eat in their restaurants during Jim Crow.  She probably misses the irony completely.  I wonder if Trump really lives in her head this badly or if its manufactured angst.  I wish she would just stick to her own unethical behavior of enriching her family with her office.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, ScottishHorn said:

Who is oppressed? I think it's all very silly.  She probably didnt like it when restaurateurs wouldn't allow black people to eat in their restaurants during Jim Crow.  She probably misses the irony completely.  I wonder if Trump really lives in her head this badly or if its manufactured angst.  I wish she would just stick to her own unethical behavior of enriching her family with her office.

So what you're saying is, she's just like Donald Trump?

UNRAH CIVIL RIGHTS ACT – CALIFORNIA
CALIFORNIA LEGISLATIVE INFORMATION
CIVIL CODE PART 2. PERSONAL RIGHTS [43 – 53.7]
(a) All persons within the jurisdiction of this state have the right to be free from any violence, or intimidation by threat of violence, committed against their persons or property because of political affiliation, or on account of any characteristic listed or defined in subdivision (b) or (e) of Section 51, or position in a labor dispute, or because another person perceives them to have one or more of those characteristics. The identification in this subdivision of particular bases of discrimination is illustrative rather than restrictive.