2024 Transfer Thread - The Pedantic Circlejerk

Sweat and Murphy ended up being much better. Collins will be good but the other DT will be a downgrade and we are missing a dominant NG.

Yea, probably, but the edge rush will be better. Defense is such a complementary thing that even if the NG isn’t as good, the defense may be better and the NG won’t need to be as good. It all adjusts.
  • Hook 'Em 1

There is no narrative that we didn't want him because it's just about the money with him, this is another fantasy you created. His issue is low effort on the field (and no effort to stay on the field) and performance/production  that comes nowhere near his potential. This has been a common refrain since he first stepped foot on their campus and hasn't changed. 
I didn't remember what a bad poster you are when you weren't around for a while. You're one of those people who seems better in memory than present reality so you should probably just go back to being a former poster. 

I hope you are right and we dodged a bullet. I guess we’ll see. He probably won’t even see the field for ole miss. I definitely didn’t watch a lot of a&m last year so I’m relying on an impression I have that he was talented, maybe he sucks like you say.

5 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I hope you are right and we dodged a bullet. I guess we’ll see. He probably won’t even see the field for ole miss. I definitely didn’t watch a lot of a&m last year so I’m relying on an impression I have that he was talented, maybe he sucks like you say.

He’ll see the field. They paid him too much for that not to happen. You don’t sign big free agents to bench them. Nolen will be out there, then he’ll be doing what he does, flashing for a play, taking more plays off, then calling for a sub or faking an injury. 

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He’ll see the field. They paid him too much for that not to happen. You don’t sign big free agents to bench them. Nolen will be out there, then he’ll be doing what he does, flashing for a play, taking more plays off, then calling for a sub or faking an injury. 

He also might cry.

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

OU’s choices here have consequences. They focus on football, softball, gymnastics, and targets of opportunity for baseball and basketball. There are knock-on effects for robbing Peter to pay Paul. We will see that impact somewhere, probably in hoops and baseball. 

I admittedly know very little about the new landscape of things, but I’ve read that OU (and other schools) are strategically setting up to invest in certain sports.

My question - isn’t it inevitable that OU will eventually do exactly this (redirect funds from baseball/basketball/softball/whatever toward football) more frequently? Won’t the need to compete in cases exactly like this recruitment result eventually in them ceasing to give a shit about other sports? I suppose there may be specific funding streams invested in specific sports, but seems as though they won’t just let football fall off.

I think Texas clearly has a strategy and has success in the portal and how they distribute NIL.  With that said, this year is a year where we are 1-2 players away from making a run for a title.  I would think it would be the time to over spend to make the run if that’s is what’s needed but it’s not my money they are giving away.  After all the talk about having a war chest and the snippets about waiting for big names to enter and that Texas wouldn’t be beat out… seems we were beat out on all the big name DTs and all of it came down to money.   Market value is what the market sets and clearly other schools are spending more setting the price for players like Toila, Williams, Nolen, Alexander, etc.  Perhaps the coaches feel good about developing the young guys, but I hope we don’t look back in a few months and regret not spending dollars on a good NT which is a clear weakness on an otherwise stout roster.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, victory88 said:

After all the talk about having a war chest and the snippets about waiting for big names to enter and that Texas wouldn’t be beat out… seems we were beat out on all the big name DTs and all of it came down to money.   Market value is what the market sets and clearly other schools are spending more setting the price for players like Toila, Williams, Nolen, Alexander, etc.  Perhaps the coaches feel good about developing the young guys, but I hope we don’t look back in a few months and regret not spending dollars on a good NT which is a clear weakness on an otherwise stout roster.  

It seems you're unwittingly making the inverse point

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The player wanted LSU. They’re weren’t even close. The player wasn’t super interested in OU but the handler was. Good luck inside the new Jimbo Fisher school of roster management being deployed in Norman. Venables seems to genuinely believe that Clemson won two national titles because they had the best DLine in college football. That no doubt helped, but maybe, just maybe, having two awesome QBs that were picked at the top of the NFL draft plus elite skill talent on both sides of the ball also played a role? I don’t know. Weird. 

OU went from a guy who thought the offense was the most important and really wasn't that interested in defense to a guy who focuses almost exclusively on defense and doesn't really show that much interest in offense. how could it possibly go wrong?

the 2 QBs who combined to go something like 60-4 at QB made a real difference, in addition to the ACC being down beyond Clemson. the DL is important, but ignoring those 2 dudes when he was on the field at the same time as them is dumb.

the ACC has not had a CFP team since 2020 - when Lawrence left college funny enough. in that same timeframe, B12 has had 3 different teams make it, B10 has had 2 different teams make it, Pac 12 has had 1 team make it, SEC has had 2 teams make it.

The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/5423135/2024/05/03/college-football-transfer-portal-spring-rankings/

Ranking the top 20 players (currently) in college football’s transfer portal this spring

here are those w/ texas ties or where Texas has been mentioned as a possibility? i included both MSU DTs

Spoiler

2. DT Derrick Harmon, Michigan State: Harmon put his name in the portal in December after  Michigan State’s coaching change and took official visits to Oregon, Ohio State and Auburn. The Spartans’ new staff was able to fight them off and keep Harmon on campus, but the 6-foot-5, 320-pound redshirt junior has decided to go back on the market. Harmon has started 15 games and recorded 71 tackles, 35 pressures, 6.5 TFLs and 3.5 sacks in his career and has two remaining seasons of eligibility. Now that he’s back in the portal, expect those same schools to battle for his services with USC and Colorado also entering the mix.

5. DT Simeon Barrow Jr., Michigan State: Barrow, a three-year starter for the Spartans, briefly put his name in the portal after Mel Tucker’s firing but opted to stay through the spring. Now he’s officially on the market and commanding a lot of interest. The 6-foot-3, 296-pound senior has been disruptive throughout his career with 110 tackles, 18.5 TFLs, 10.5 sacks and two blocked field goals and has twice picked up honorable mention All-Big Ten honors. LSU, Miami and Florida State are among the schools battling for Barrow.

7. DT CJ West, Kent State: The 6-foot-2, 315-pound senior developed into a three-year starter for the Flashes, with 110 tackles, 59 pressures, 19.5 tackles for loss and seven sacks in his career. West graded out as the top defensive tackle in the MAC last season according to Pro Football Focus and picked up third-team All-MAC honors from the league’s coaches. He became one of the most popular players in the portal as soon as he entered, with LSU, Miami and Texas A&M among a long list of Power 5 offers.

8. CB Jay’Vion Cole, San Jose State: The 5-foot-10, 175-pound cover man picked off four passes during his freshman season at FCS Cal Poly, transferred up to San Jose State and proved just as productive in the Mountain West. Cole recorded 10 pass breakups, grabbed three interceptions and finished as the No. 1 corner in the conference in PFF grading. Cole has locked in official visits to Texas and Auburn.

text:

Spoiler

1. DE Tyler Baron, Louisville: The 6-foot-5, 260-pound senior from Knoxville, Tenn., was a productive edge rusher for the Vols for three years and is coming off his best season yet with 28 tackles, 41 pressures, 10.5 TFLs and six sacks. Baron was one of the most coveted edge defenders in the portal back in December and initially committed to Ole Miss before flipping to Louisville. After going through spring ball with the Cardinals, Baron is back on the market for his final season of eligibility.

2. DT Derrick Harmon, Michigan State: Harmon put his name in the portal in December after  Michigan State’s coaching change and took official visits to Oregon, Ohio State and Auburn. The Spartans’ new staff was able to fight them off and keep Harmon on campus, but the 6-foot-5, 320-pound redshirt junior has decided to go back on the market. Harmon has started 15 games and recorded 71 tackles, 35 pressures, 6.5 TFLs and 3.5 sacks in his career and has two remaining seasons of eligibility. Now that he’s back in the portal, expect those same schools to battle for his services with USC and Colorado also entering the mix.

3. WR Elijhah Badger, Arizona State: The 6-foot-2, 190-pound playmaker has been the Sun Devils’ leading receiver in back-to-back seasons and produced a total of 135 catches for 1,579 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns, which is tough to do when your team plays five different QBs over those two seasons. Badger was set to be one of the top returning wideouts in the Big 12 this fall and has two more seasons of eligibility, but he’s a likely draft pick a year from now if he puts together another strong year. Washington got his first official visit.

4. DB Peyton Woodyard, Alabama: Woodyard, a four-star safety who was the No. 115 overall recruit in the class of 2024, flipped from Georgia to Alabama ahead of his senior season and enrolled early with the Crimson Tide. The 6-foot-2, 188-pound defender from St. John Bosco in California went through spring ball with their new coaching staff and opted to hit the portal and reopen his recruitment. Woodyard indicated in his portal entry that he doesn’t want to be contacted by schools, which typically means the player knows where he’s going. Oregon is reportedly one school to watch.

5. DT Simeon Barrow Jr., Michigan State: Barrow, a three-year starter for the Spartans, briefly put his name in the portal after Mel Tucker’s firing but opted to stay through the spring. Now he’s officially on the market and commanding a lot of interest. The 6-foot-3, 296-pound senior has been disruptive throughout his career with 110 tackles, 18.5 TFLs, 10.5 sacks and two blocked field goals and has twice picked up honorable mention All-Big Ten honors. LSU, Miami and Florida State are among the schools battling for Barrow.

6. CB D’Angelo Ponds, James Madison: Ponds had a remarkable true freshman season for James Madison, earning Freshman All-America and second-team All-Sun Belt honors and grading out as one of the best corners in the Group of 5 according to PFF. He logged 51 tackles, 13 pass breakups, two interceptions and a touchdown return on a blocked punt while only allowing catches on 30 of 66 targets. The Florida native might not have ideal size (5 foot 9, 165 pounds), but he’s a playmaker who should pick up Power 5 offers.

7. DT CJ West, Kent State: The 6-foot-2, 315-pound senior developed into a three-year starter for the Flashes, with 110 tackles, 59 pressures, 19.5 tackles for loss and seven sacks in his career. West graded out as the top defensive tackle in the MAC last season according to Pro Football Focus and picked up third-team All-MAC honors from the league’s coaches. He became one of the most popular players in the portal as soon as he entered, with LSU, Miami and Texas A&M among a long list of Power 5 offers.

8. CB Jay’Vion Cole, San Jose State: The 5-foot-10, 175-pound cover man picked off four passes during his freshman season at FCS Cal Poly, transferred up to San Jose State and proved just as productive in the Mountain West. Cole recorded 10 pass breakups, grabbed three interceptions and finished as the No. 1 corner in the conference in PFF grading. Cole has locked in official visits to Texas and Auburn.

9. CB Terrance Brooks, Texas: Brooks put together a solid first season as a starter for the Longhorns in 2023 with 20 tackles, six pass breakups and three interceptions to earn honorable mention All-Big 12 honors. The 6-foot, 200-pound corner was a top-100 recruit who played early for Texas and looked poised to start again in 2024. Brooks has two more seasons of eligibility and should have good Power 5 options.

10. DB Jacoby Mathews, Texas A&M: The former top-50 recruit from Louisiana was the No. 2 safety prospect in the Class of 2022 and one of the many gems of the Aggies’ loaded No. 1 class. Mathews moved into the starting lineup as a sophomore and recorded 42 tackles, four pass breakups and an interception. The 6-foot-2, 215-pound defender decided to transfer in February and is now officially on the market for his final two seasons of eligibility.

11. OL Bryce Foster, Texas A&M: Foster is one of the more experienced offensive linemen available in the portal, a 28-game starter at center who started from Day 1 for the Aggies and earned Freshman All-America honors in 2021. He’s a two-sport athlete who also throws shot put for the Aggies’ track and field program and opted to focus on that this spring rather than practice with Mike Elko and his new coaching staff. If he dedicates himself to football going forward, Foster could be an impactful pickup for his next school.

12. CB Isaiah Hamilton, Houston: Hamilton developed into an All-SWAC performer at Texas Southern and picked off five passes in 2022. He made the move up to Houston last season and impressed, starting all 12 games and recording 50 tackles, four pass breakups and four interceptions (including a pick six) with a top-five PFF coverage grade among Big 12 starting corners. Ole Miss has quickly emerged as the frontrunner for the 6-foot-1, 175-pound cover man.

13. CB Cormani McClain, Colorado: Deion Sanders’ flip of McClain, a five-star cornerback from Florida, away from Miami in his first months on the job made a serious statement, and the opportunity to play for Coach Prime and with Travis Hunter was hard to beat. McClain struggled early on in his freshman season and was called out by his head coach for his lack of preparation, but he eventually stepped up and showed progress while earning four starts and logging 13 tackles and two pass breakups. McClain still has a bright future if he’s willing to put in the work at his next stop.

14. QB Dermaricus Davis, Washington: “Mar Mar” Davis, a 6-foot-5, 187-pound true freshman from California, was an under-the-radar take for Ryan Grubb who finished as a four-star recruit and the No. 17 QB in the 2024 class. He enrolled early, lost Grubb and Kalen DeBoer, tested the portal and chose to stay with the Huskies even though Jedd Fisch brought Arizona QB signee Demond Williams Jr. to Seattle. After going through spring ball with the new staff, Davis is now back in the portal. He’s a gifted passer who could develop into a steal for his next school.

15. OL Andrew Chamblee, Arkansas: Chamblee won the starting left tackle job for the Razorbacks as a redshirt freshman and earned SEC All-Freshman honors for his performance over eight starts. When the 6-foot-6, 304-pound lineman left the program in March, coach Sam Pittman claimed he’d “lost the love for the game” and decided to give up football. A month later, he’s in the transfer portal, and plenty of schools are trying to sign him, including Colorado, Kansas State, Maryland, UCLA and TCU.

16. DT Adin Huntington, ULM: Huntington joined the Warhawks after three years at Kent State and emerged as one of the most disruptive defensive linemen in college football. The 6-foot-1, 281-pound defensive tackle recorded 63 stops, 16 TFLs, 8.5 sacks and three forced fumbles to earn second-team All-Sun Belt honors. He also ranked No. 2 among all FBS interior defensive linemen in pressures (51) behind Kentucky’s Deone Walker according to PFF. Huntington has put up some big testing numbers, too: a 665-pound squat max, 435 on the bench, a 38-inch vertical and a 4.44 in the pro agility.

17. LB Khalil Jacobs, South Alabama: Jacobs briefly tested the transfer portal in January after South Alabama coach Kane Wommack left to become Alabama’s defensive coordinator. The 6-foot-2, 218-pound linebacker is back on the market and could reunite with Wommack, but several SEC schools are battling for him after his breakout sophomore season. Jacobs recorded 56 tackles, 8.5 TFLs, three sacks, three forced fumbles and an interception for the Jaguars in 2023. He’s planning to take visits to Alabama, Auburn and Missouri.

18. DE Terrell Allen, Tennessee State: The top defensive player in the FCS is testing the transfer market. Allen won the Buck Buchanan Award and Big South-OVC Defensive Player of the Year last season after racking up 14.5 sacks and a school-record 28 tackles for loss for the Tigers. The All-American began his career at Austin Peay before transferring to play for Eddie George at TSU and has one more season of eligibility. While he doesn’t possess the length that Power 5 programs seek (6 foot, 275 pounds), Allen is a disruptive edge defender who should have good FBS options if he decides to leave.

19. WR Eli Green, North Dakota State: The 5-foot-11, 186-pound wideout from Minnesota was a dynamic playmaker for the Bison in his sophomore season, catching 45 passes for 877 yards and three touchdowns while adding 118 rushing yards and 202 yards on kickoff returns. Green was extremely productive in the playoffs (17 catches, 368 yards, two scores) and was poised to become one of the top wideouts in the FCS this season. Green’s former NDSU head coach is now at USC, and his OC is at Iowa State. They’re among the 20-plus schools making a push right now.

20. DE Bai Jobe, Michigan State: Jobe was Michigan State’s highest-rated recruit in 2023, the No. 54 overall player in the 247Sports Composite, and appeared in one game during his redshirt season. He’s more of a developmental project than most of these best available players but has terrific measurables at 6 foot 4 and 250 pounds and big-time potential. Kansas and Mississippi State are getting the first official visits.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I admittedly know very little about the new landscape of things, but I’ve read that OU (and other schools) are strategically setting up to invest in certain sports.

My question - isn’t it inevitable that OU will eventually do exactly this (redirect funds from baseball/basketball/softball/whatever toward football) more frequently? Won’t the need to compete in cases exactly like this recruitment result eventually in them ceasing to give a shit about other sports? I suppose there may be specific funding streams invested in specific sports, but seems as though they won’t just let football fall off.

If a program holds performance dear to its heart, they’re going to protect it. I’d be surprised if softball or gymnastics are hurt at OU due to Venables trying to sign every DT that answers his phone call. 

I assume the ramifications are with the 2025 cycle in recruiting for football or with opportunities in basketball and baseball. 

There are few schools that can work NIL for every sport, or nearly every sport. There are more who can concentrate on football and a few other programs. There are some focused on other sports and not football. Then there are those who seem to only be focused on football. Everyone is making difficult choices. 

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas will make a run this year. That initial part of your post is just fucking dumb. The roster is as solid as any in the country. Do you think there’s a flawless roster somewhere in which every spot is manned by veteran 4 and 5 stars? If so, point me to it. If not, get the fuck out with that ignorant take. Tired of seeing it on this board. Ohio State has a shit OL and Will fucking Howard at QB. Georgia has inexperienced offensive skill players and across the secondary. Oregon just lost a ton to the draft on the skill side. Are those not teams that you think could “make a run for a title”?

As to the rest, Toia and Alexander had their home schools match big offers. One of those was fucked by a Texas $9.95er. Are you making an argument that Texas should have gone in with something ridiculous for either of those anyway? The original numbers are ridiculous in the first place.

Texas wanted no part of Nolen, for reasons noted here repeatedly, and money played no part in that evaluation or non-offer. Honestly, from here forward, when someone laments Nolen, they’re getting auto-negged. I don’t give a fuck if he wins national defensive player of the year at Ole Miss, the Texas staff had excellent reasons to avoid the guy. 

“It’s not my money” and then ignorantly touting the false notion that Texas was beaten due to money with the names you reference is a solid surly move. 

No one has an endless spigot. If you want Texas to year in and year out get the top classes and the top guys in the portal, discipline matters. Paying $1M for a good but not great guy at one spot not called QB is the kind of stupidity we should be gleeful about witnessing from our enemy.

Exactly!!! Every team will have flaws, No team is perfect this season!

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Paying $1M for a good but not great guy at one spot not called QB is the kind of stupidity we should be gleeful about witnessing from our enemy.

I think our having Quinn and Arch in hand is blinding some of us to this very obvious reality since we basically haven't had to think about it at all during portal season.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

We also have some DTs who are fully capable of blowing up (Bledsoe) and some who will be just fine given their role (Bryant). And January will eventually be very good, although probably not this year.

Edges will be in the backfield all day anyway.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I think Texas clearly has a strategy and has success in the portal and how they distribute NIL.  With that said, this year is a year where we are 1-2 players away from making a run for a title.  I would think it would be the time to over spend to make the run if that’s is what’s needed but it’s not my money they are giving away.  After all the talk about having a war chest and the snippets about waiting for big names to enter and that Texas wouldn’t be beat out… seems we were beat out on all the big name DTs and all of it came down to money.   Market value is what the market sets and clearly other schools are spending more setting the price for players like Toila, Williams, Nolen, Alexander, etc.  Perhaps the coaches feel good about developing the young guys, but I hope we don’t look back in a few months and regret not spending dollars on a good NT which is a clear weakness on an otherwise stout roster.  

I think it's a lot more complicated than "we really need player X and it's going to cost $Y, can we do that?" Going out and getting one guy for big money has the potential to be very awkward in the locker room, and that has to be managed as well. Especially if that player is not a QB.

• Hook 'Em 8

If anyone gives a shit, Jabba:

I communicated with a source on Thursday about the recruitment of TCU defensive tackle transfer Damonic Williams and here's what I learned.

* The central figure in the recruitment is the agent/representative for Williams, who is doing what most agents/representatives do in trying to secure the most lucrative deal possible for their clients. There are questions about where exactly that is going to take the recruitment.

* The sense that I have is that Texas believes that it has the best NIL situation of any of the finalists in the Williams recruitment, but it's unclear whether the Texas offer is being used as leverage to try and get the NIL packages at other schools (specifically OU) increased and, if so, where that leaves the Longhorns.

* For the first time, the source I communicated with on Thursday mentioned that the Longhorns were in the pole position (the player is very keen on the Longhorns) in the recruitment at one point in the middle of this week, but there's a sense that things may have turned when it was communicated to the agent that the Longhorns would not bend in putting together an NIL offer that the agent believes should exist for Williams, especially when it is already believed that none of the competing schools are matching what is already on the table in terms of lucrative NIL opportunities. .

I'm told that the agent believes a seven-figure market exists and is determined to find it/tap into it.

* The word going around on Thursday afternoon is that OU is probably the current leader, but there's a real sense of confusion about how all of this is playing out, partly because it is believed that OU has come under the Longhorns in terms of NIL opportunities (OU's is believed to be in the half-million range), unless that offer was enhanced on Thursday when meetings apparently took place between the agent and the Sooners.

Obviously @closetojumping would know better, but my sense is that Texas would like to add depth at DT because they don't really know what they have with the 3 new guys, and more depth is always better that less.  But I'm pretty confident that the DL (including the Edges) will be good this year.  As good as last year?  No, but I can't imagine they aren't in the Top 5 in the SEC....last year maybe Top 2, for comparison.

DB on the other hand...oof.... I want Jayvion Cole in a bad way, for depth if nothing else.... plus, a CB coach, but that ain't happening until January at the earliest.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

I communicated with a source on Thursday about the recruitment of TCU defensive tackle transfer Damonic Williams and here's what I learned.

Translation:  I was reading OTF...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

We also have some DTs who are fully capable of blowing up (Bledsoe) and some who will be just fine given their role (Bryant). And January will eventually be very good, although probably not this year.

Edges will be in the backfield all day anyway.

I think Collins will have a Sweat type of Jump.  He showed much like Sweat the flashes, but also like Sweat it was the consistency that lacked until the Senior year when it became a contract season. I believe Collins will have that same type of jump.  & Just like you said Bledsoe imo will be the one that comes into his own.  I also think Mitchell may turn it around. I guess he's taking the coaching due to him not entering the portal. January can hopefully make a freshman jump like Manny did to the point he's vying for playing time and cutting into the Starters snaps by the Florida game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

I had a nightmare that Max Merril stayed for his redshirt and covid years. 

His mom wouldnt let him leave. 

I heard he had a brother. He didnt play ball. But momma wanted him on scholarship anyway. 

OU still sucked. So, there was that. 

Worst nightmare ever!

Lots of consternation about Max Merrill taking up a scholarship, when we're sitting on 81 schollies right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I think our having Quinn and Arch in hand is blinding some of us to this very obvious reality since we basically haven't had to think about it at all during portal season.

It also helps that we don't have to lock up a large percent of our NIL dollars trying to lure a QB.

It's like the NFL teams that spend $50M/yr on a QB and then the rest of their roster is shitty because they have to fit under the salary cap. Having local businesses fund Ewers & Arch gives us a huge advantage by allowing us to utilize the dollars elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Glad we didn’t overpay for Williams. Not worried about DT. I think the DLine as a unit will be better this year vs last and we won’t notice the DT drop off people are worried about.

It only really gives me heartburn in the Michigan matchup, particularly since that's so early in the year. We've seen that team win games without passing the ball, but I'm hoping that's gone out the door with Harbaugh. 

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

It only really gives me heartburn in the Michigan matchup, particularly since that's so early in the year. We've seen that team win games without passing the ball, but I'm hoping that's gone out the door with Harbaugh. 

Michigan lost 4/5 of the starting OL and Corum from their RB tandem. They aren’t going to be in the same galaxy as the last couple years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Michigan lost 4/5 of the starting OL and Corum from their RB tandem. They aren’t going to be in the same galaxy as the last couple years. 

And a 1st rd QB

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Don’t have one cocksucker. 

You must be Ketch’s new sock. That or you’re just a mouth breathing dumbass voluntarily spamming the board with his articles that no one’s asking for.

The sausage finger typos look like a Ketch giveaway though. 

5 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

If it gives anyone comfort, I recently caught up with someone who would generally know that feels positively about Kenny Baker purely as a coach based on this spring.  He isn’t some “rah rah just give more effort” charlatan.  The techniques he is teaching and his methodology seem to be legit.  Didn’t get into if he was better or worse than Bo Davis.  Forgot where I posted it last year but the same person in spring/summer last year insisted Byron Murphy would be a revelation.

Thank you, Kenny.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Texas Flood said:

You must be Ketch’s new sock. That or you’re just a mouth breathing dumbass voluntarily spamming the board with his articles that no one’s asking for.

The sausage finger typos look like a Ketch giveaway though. 

You got me. I didn’t know you spoke for the people that commented and genuinely responded to the information. Now that I do, I will stop to preserve the integrity of this board. 

1 hour ago, mantis toboggan said:

If anyone gives a shit, Jabba:

* The central figure in the recruitment is the agent/representative for Williams, who is doing what most agents/representatives do in trying to secure the most lucrative deal possible for their clients. There are questions about where exactly that is going to take the recruitment.

* The sense that I have is that Texas believes that it has the best NIL situation of any of the finalists in the Williams recruitment, but it's unclear whether the Texas offer is being used as leverage to try and get the NIL packages at other schools (specifically OU) increased and, if so, where that leaves the Longhorns.

* For the first time, the source I communicated with on Thursday mentioned that the Longhorns were in the pole position (the player is very keen on the Longhorns) in the recruitment at one point in the middle of this week, but there's a sense that things may have turned when it was communicated to the agent that the Longhorns would not bend in putting together an NIL offer that the agent believes should exist for Williams, especially when it is already believed that none of the competing schools are matching what is already on the table in terms of lucrative NIL opportunities. .

I'm told that the agent believes a seven-figure market exists and is determined to find it/tap into it.

* The word going around on Thursday afternoon is that OU is probably the current leader, but there's a real sense of confusion about how all of this is playing out, partly because it is believed that OU has come under the Longhorns in terms of NIL opportunities (OU's is believed to be in the half-million range), unless that offer was enhanced on Thursday when meetings apparently took place between the agent and the Sooners.

nobody gives a shit what that fat fuck has to say. He's a net negative to this program and if you are subbed then you are a dumb mother fucker too, even more fucking dumb than I am because I'd never sub to that fat piece of shit. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Texas will make a run this year. That initial part of your post is just fucking dumb. The roster is as solid as any in the country. Do you think there’s a flawless roster somewhere in which every spot is manned by veteran 4 and 5 stars? If so, point me to it. If not, get the fuck out with that ignorant take. Tired of seeing it on this board. Ohio State has a shit OL and Will fucking Howard at QB. Georgia has inexperienced offensive skill players and across the secondary. Oregon just lost a ton to the draft on the skill side. Are those not teams that you think could “make a run for a title”?

to expand on this part, around how solid rosters are this year and how much a ton of teams lost. no flawless rosters out there right now and a huge opportunity for Texas

pulling a few teams who have made the CFP and using Bill C's early returning production metric:

• Alabama: 115 plus no Saban
  • Clemson: 54
  • Georgia: 47, but 80th on defense and replacing their center, a bunch of experienced/good secondary players, their 2 best pass catchers, their 2 best RB, etc. they bring back Beck and got the RB from Florida, but beyond that...it's going to be interesting.
  • Ohio State: 70, Will Howard lol + sure, maybe Chip Kelly can be a good OC - the last time he was just a coordinator was 16 years ago and he still has Ryan Day looking over his shoulder in the creepiest way possible
  • Michigan: 128
  • LSU: 60, + a new QB (Nussmeier) and a new OC (who is less impressive than Nussmeir) - plus 4 new defensive coaches
  • Washington: 130
  • Oregon: 28, but lost Bo Nix and gained a guy who isn't as good as Bo on offense. they also have a favorable schedule setup overall, other than the yo yo of Eugene to Purdue to Eugene to Ann Arbor to Eugene to Madison
  • Oklahoma: 67
  • Notre Dame: 74
  • Texas: 25

SEC teams on Texas schedule

• Miss St: 122
  • Vanderbilt: 76
  • Florida: 32
  • Arkansas: 109
  • Kentucky: 102
  • A&M: 18

Texas is set up very, very well for a run in 24. soft first 5 games, then OU and UGA back to back, then Vandy/Florida (will they have fired Napier by then)/Arky/Kentucky, and then they have the opportunity to burn Kyle Field down and win by 30

• Hook 'Em 5

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

you are worried about a Michigan team that is 128th in the country in returning production, and are 132/134 in returning offensive production who lost their QB, RB, OL, their top 2 WR, and a bunch of their coaches?

Michigan won games by grinding teams to dust with the conditioning, OL and Blake Corum. those guys are all gone, along with their head coach, S&C coach and DC.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - The Pedantic Circlejerk