2018 World Cup

DanTheHorn

On 6/13/2018 at 11:55 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I forgot lalas bailed on espn coincidentally the same year fox got the world cup. 

Good for me...hes one of my favorites.  Only bad thing is we don't get to hear him lay into team USA  when they underachieved against a lesser opponent. 

Oh well. Looking forward to it

Lalas is the soccer equivalent of bill walton

Not able to watch Morocco-Iran, worth a damn or no?

Lol at Spain dropping a €19M fine and suspended prison sentence on CR7 the day Spain plays Portugal. Those euros are nuts.

It’s purely coincidence. I can’t believe you would think that a country would try to do anything like that to unseat the national teams opponent the day before a match...
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, shnsajax said:

I know it’s only day 1 and only 1 March to talk about but I’m already tired of Fox. Wish NBC got the rights and at the very least Rebecca Lowe would be talking right now.

They are terrible.   I wish espn or nbc had it.  They would do a better job than this crap job fox is doing.  Most of their announcing crews are based in LA and not in Russia. 

Edited by The Tower

Dude has always respected Mexico and they respect him back.

Plus I'm sure the dynamic is a lot different when you're the one playing the games and not just on the sideline rooting for the teams. If he wants them to be his #2, I'm ok with that. And this is from a guy that was highly disappointed in him not being 100% in on the team in 2013-14.

name any other sport/teams where this would be okay: yankees fan saying red sox are his second team because yankees didn't mke the postseason; texas fans rooting for baker mayfield and ou to win the title because we didn't make the playoff; arsenal fans rooting for tottenham to win the champions league because we didn't make it; the fuck? hell no. helllllllll no.

Edited by Goo Punch