NCAA Basketball 2023-24

shadow_operative

Posted (edited)

this a&m postseason run is seriously wild. they’ve been the worst shooting team in major college basketball all year. their entire offense is predicated on rebounding the numerous shots which they invariably miss. this tourney performance has been unbelievable.

IMG_1091.jpeg

IMG_1092.jpeg

IMG_1093.jpeg

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

Something to watch later tonight. 

Just days after agreeing to a "mutual separation" with Long Beach State when the season ends, coach Dan Monson has his squad in the Big West title game and a win away from an improbable NCAA tournament berth.

Long Beach State defeated top-seed UC Irvine 83-79 Friday night to advance to Saturday's final against UC Davis (9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN2).

Monson told ESPN after Friday's win that the whole situation has been "surreal." On Monday, Long Beach State announced that it had decided to part ways with Monson as soon as the season ends. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39744513/long-beach-state-eyes-ncaa-tourney-berth-coach-dismissal

Marty Smith is such a fuckstick. I usually go months without seeing/hearing from him, but I presume with our move to the SEC that will change for the worse. They will probably pair him  up with Galindo. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Florida vs aggy game getting better...

aggy leads  48-42      25secs left till halftime

aggy lost 18pt 1st half lead.  😋

gata now shooting 3s better and going fast -- aggy struggling to stay with them now and dealing with foul issues.

68-65 gata leads      9:30 left in 2nd half

Just now, closetojumping said:

So what is the buzz from the bracket imbeciles who are paid to be consistently wrong? I assume ATM is a 7 matched to Texas as a 10 and the winner has to play a 2 seed Marquette? That’s the kind of idiot’s ending I assume this season fits into. 

Last I saw was Texas 8/9 range and aggy around 11

Just now, LTtxfan said:

I won't be surprised if Texas vs aggy happens...  the committee loves that kind of shit

They’d have to either bump us both up a seed line (7/10) or bump aggy up 2 spots to get in an 8/9

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You have a lot of faith in the committee robotically doing what the bracket dorks and NET rankings suggest they do. 

Oh I know if they can feasibly do it, they will. I just don’t think they’ll be able to this time. Maybe if we don’t blow the KSU game and get bumped to a 7, they use aggy‘s UK win to bump them to 10 and get it going. But we fucked it up 

Edited by Js1

Posted (edited)

holy shit some kid from kent state just made the biggest mental blunder i’ve seen all year. kent state scores a put back dunk with ~5 seconds left to take a one point lead, akron in kinds the ball, and for reasons that i cannot explain, a kent state player just immediately/intentionally fouls the akron guard and sends him to the line. unreal.

Edited by shadow_operative

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

So what is the buzz from the bracket imbeciles who are paid to be consistently wrong? I assume ATM is a 7 matched to Texas as a 10 and the winner has to play a 2 seed Marquette? That’s the kind of idiot’s ending I assume this season fits into. 

A&M is not a 7 seed

2 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

What a week for NC State…probably exhausted themselves and will flame out in their first tournament game now!

This game is more important to them than a tourney one and done. ACC tourney title? Shit it’s been how long for them? 

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

Morbidly obese dude on back to back to back to backs owns Carolina. 

Vintage Davis. 

Horn is actually a hell of a player. Great touch, has 8 assists tonight I think, maybe more. 

14 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

If they win that’s five in five nights   UCONN only other to do that

Louisville
Syracuse
Duke
Virginia
North Carolina

In terms of historical success, thats  a pretty solid list of teams to knock off on 5 consecutive nights 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Blotto said:

Louisville
Syracuse
Duke
Virginia
North Carolina

In terms of historical success, thats  a pretty solid list of teams to knock off on 5 consecutive nights 

Incredible. 

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

He's a good player. The Carolina defense was abysmal. 

Can’t double him he’s a great passer, he’s got decent moves. Yeah they could step up their intensity but the fella deserves a ton of credit. 

• Hook 'Em 1