2023 NCAA Regionals Thread

Horny Bull

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

1 to 1.5 minutes per batter equals about an hour of watching batters adjust their junk and fasten and unfasten their batting gloves.  If you're not ready to play, just stay on the bench.

Did you watch the "transgression" from yesterday or just speaking in platitudes? There's no way you could defend what happened yesterday.

7 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I’d say Florida is just establishing they are the much better team over the course of 3 games

There is "the other team is pretty good" and there is "only scoring one run in 15 innings with a Regional Championship on the line"

I don't buy that Florida's 4th and 5th starters are that great. Tech is coming up small here.

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

There is "the other team is pretty good" and there is "only scoring one run in 15 innings with a Regional Championship on the line"

I don't buy that Florida's 4th and 5th starters are that great. Tech is coming up small here.

Ryan Slater is actually really good, he is a good bullpen arm who becomes a 4th or 5th starter in situations like these. Same with Cade Fisher who beat Tech yesterday. If this result holds Fisher (6-0) and Slater (10-1) will be a combined 16-1 on the season.

• Drool 1

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Wooo, we have a game-changer in the BV household...

My next-door-neighbor owns one of the awesome family Mexican restaurants in town, and his wife just brought me a 32-oz cup of menudo and a bag of tamales as thanks for me always dog-sitting their golden when they're working or dealing with kids.  

This is gonna give me such rancid gas that it will drown out my body odor.  Life is good.

#PilotLight  Lulz.

3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Ryan Slater is actually really good, he is a good bullpen arm who becomes a 4th or 5th starter in situations like these. Same with Cade Fisher who beat Tech yesterday. If this result holds Fisher (6-0) and Slater (10-1) will be a combined 16-1 on the season.

Slater and Fisher's combined ERA is lower than all three of UF's weekend starters ERAs.  They're very good.

• Like 1

Tech with another chance. Two on with nobody out.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Slater and Fisher's combined ERA is lower than all three of UF's weekend starters ERAs.  They're very good.

Sure. But Tech's blown chance in the 6th didn't come against either of them. 

22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Wooo, we have a game-changer in the BV household...

My next-door-neighbor owns one of the awesome family Mexican restaurants in town, and his wife just brought me a 32-oz cup of menudo and a bag of tamales as thanks for me always dog-sitting their golden when they're working or dealing with kids.  

This is gonna give me such rancid gas that it will drown out my body odor.  Life is good.

That sounds damn good. Which one? 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Oops you're right. They went 0-2 in the Supers but for some reason I had thought that was a regional. 

People were speculating that Stanford would wilt in the 100 degree Lubbock heat but they showed up wearing all black uniforms and destroyed Tech instead. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

3rd straight year Tech won't advance out of a regional. 

Tadlock is a bit at a crossroads. 

I don’t know why Tadlock pulled Rogers trailing 1-0.  Reliever promptly served up a 2-run bomb and the game was over.  Oh well, maybe Lubbock will have a sandstorm in their honor …

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

image.thumb.png.3c83369d3e18f74e00c27675da298cdc.png

What the fuck am I looking at? 

14 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I don’t know why Tadlock pulled Rogers trailing 1-0.  Reliever promptly served up a 2-run bomb and the game was over.  Oh well, maybe Lubbock will have a sandstorm in their honor …

Maybe they'll play Sandstorm during the sandstorm? Think about that

I do wonder about Tadlock's future at Tech after realignment. I know he's a Tech alum but the Big 12 is taking a pretty massive hit in baseball. 

The loss of Texas (arguably the top baseball program ever) and OU (who has historically been a good program). What direction is the Big 12 heading as a baseball conference? 4th best conference behind ACC, SEC, Pac 12? 

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I do wonder about Tadlock's future at Tech after realignment. I know he's a Tech alum but the Big 12 is taking a pretty massive hit in baseball. 

The loss of Texas (arguably the top baseball program ever) and OU (who has historically been a good program). What direction is the Big 12 heading as a baseball conference? 4th best conference behind ACC, SEC, Pac 12? 

They are getting Houston, who is pretty decent.

I very rarely hear about Cincy, BYU, and UCF in baseball so that can't be good. But I guess we will get a good look at them next season.

I know we played BYU a few times but I remember being rather unimpressed.

Edited by Valmy77

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think they will be fine as long as they pick up a baseball only school. With Iowa State not playing adding DBU as a baseball only member would strengthen the conference. The funny thing to watch would be if TCU and Baylor do the same thing they bemoaned Texas for doing which is keep somebody they view as inferior from getting a piece of the pie and elevated status.

Adding ECU as a baseball member probably makes more sense than DBU. Gives Cincinnati, WVU, and UCF another team out East to play and ECU has a rabid baseball following

Going to take more than regional exits for Tadlock to have to start worrying.

Edited by chase25

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

They are getting Houston, who is pretty decent.

I very rarely hear about Cincy, BYU, and UCF in baseball so that can't be good. But I guess we will get a good look at them next season.

Houston has regressed a good bit recently. Last regional was what 2018? 

Out of all the Big 3 sports that looks to be the weakest one after realignment for the Big 12. 

Tech missing 2 true Allstars on offense and missing their 2 & 3 starting pitchers. They were never going to win. They lost 2 to Florida from the winners bracket for the same reason they lost 2 to OkSt in B12 chp. Their pitchers suck after first two (all freshmen), and they have one decent offensive player.

Fla has 5 first round draft pics, twoO and 3P. 

Good news for the techsters, their (almost) entire pitching rotation is freshmen. If Tadlock can stop destroying their arms, they will be back in the super. Next year.

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Houston, UCF, and BYU are all programs that used to be pretty good that are in down years, and Cincinnati has had some good teams recently.  Outkick is reporting that UAz and Colorado are joining the B12, which I don't believe at all, but if it were true, AZ plus those 3 programs I mentioned first could be a damn good baseball conference.

I have trouble picturing Tadlock coaching at another school other than Tech.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I think they will be fine as long as they pick up a baseball only school. With Iowa State not playing adding DBU as a baseball only member would strengthen the conference.

Bingo.  I had no idea that the B12 has so many affiliate members.  Who knew that this was Big 12 wrestling?

image.thumb.png.4fb44a4e04793c18077f39ba56d570be.png