2023 NCAA Regionals Thread

Horny Bull

12 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

1 to 1.5 minutes per batter equals about an hour of watching batters adjust their junk and fasten and unfasten their batting gloves.  If you're not ready to play, just stay on the bench.

In what fantasy baseball world does each batter call time 5-6 times?  Whatever, y’all are dumb. 

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

In what fantasy baseball world does each batter call time 5-6 times?  Whatever, y’all are dumb. 

I don't know how many batters on average come to the plate in the average major league game -- I'll guess 75-80 -- but if that's a reasonable guess, it seems to indicate that the pitch clock has dropped the average at bat time by some 23 seconds.  Of course, some at bats are short, some are long, and I might be off regardless, but there's my Monday morning "analysis".

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Look I am not a huge fan of a ball or strike actually being called for this pitch clock shit. But it should never be called anyway because nobody should take that damn long to throw a pitch. No batter should take 10 fucking seconds to be ready to take a pitch. So while sure calling an actual ball or strike based on that is kind of dumb, it pisses me off we reached a spot where that rule needed to be implemented anyway. Play the damn game players. If you ever get called on this rule, I would just say get your shit together.

The extra inning rules are far worse. Little league shit. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

53 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

they're not "kids". The point about relievers is valid though.  I've watched CWS many times, not really interested in the earlier rounds, but playing 2 is overkill, school is over so no reason to stretch it out and even get better ratings. 

42 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

regular season double headers are not the same as playoffs in importance.  Did UT have the same relievers in both games?  The scheduling is idiotic. 

at first I thought you were just fucking around, but the follow up post tells me either you really are doubling down on the dumb or doing a fantastic troll job.

first off, doubleheaders are literally a part of baseball and have been for more than 125 years. every single level of competitive baseball has tournaments that require at least 1 double header over a weekend.  I fucking remember playing 3 games in 1 day in little league 40 years ago.

You do understand that the NCAA fiscal (or competitive) year ends on June 30th. All 2022-2023 NCAA activities must be done by the last day of June.

your rule of not playing 2 games a day would easily guarantee a domino effect of the CWS not starting until 5 days later than normal.   and the last game of the year if it goes to a game 3 in the final is June 26th.... yeah... 5 days would be a fucking problem then.  and thats if there isnt a full day weather delay that last possible game.

• Hook 'Em 2

Let's see if Tech can score any runs on Florida today.

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Feels like 3 out of 8 in Omaha will be SEC. They had 8 hosts, so, could have been worse. They were in some trouble yesterday so could have been better. 

It is the same every year.

Loads of them choke miserably but there are so many of them they make up half the field anyway. Heaven forbid we ever have a year where the SEC simply goes chalk.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Dettmer was their Friday guy to start the season and a projected high draft pick but he's been really bad most of the season. Since the first few games against scrubs his ERA is near 10.00. 

Interesting decision. Do you role with the guy that hasn't been able to throw a strike in 3 months but also a guy that has talent? 

He's going to "check where the arms are"? Could they be in different locations? Is son of Dahmer roaming Palo Alto? Does anyone know the whereabouts of Craig James?

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

He's going to "check where the arms are"? Could they be in different locations? Is son of Dahmer roaming Palo Alto? Does anyone know the whereabouts of Craig James?

I take that quote as Schloss not wanting to start Dettmer at all but it might be his only option. It's pretty obvious Schloss doesn't trust him to throw strikes. 

16 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Beau's Day:

Out of bed at 10 -- check

Walked dog -- check

First pitch -- there it is.

Shower (or any other hygienic actions)?  Not looking good today.  Maybe tomorrow.

I should also mention that I'm not eating well.   My little gamer chair in front of the TV is surrounded by various bags of chips.

Right there with you. GF is out in East Texas doing some work for Texas Parks. Will be gone for 4 months. Buddy and me already laid out the summer sports schedule. 

Living off tacos and burgers. 

I need another TV. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I take that quote as Schloss not wanting to start Dettmer at all but it might be his only option. It's pretty obvious Schloss doesn't trust him to throw strikes. 

I would think you have to go with the guy with the highest upside.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

The only thing dumber than letting batters and pitchers take as long as they want between pitches is your weird belief that such delays are a wonderful feature. 

Integrity of the game lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They are better off piecing together a bullpen day than rolling with Dettmer. Atleast if I was them I would start with Sdao, Garcia, and Lamkin in no particular order. Given that it is game 7 of the regional I would imagine just about everybody is available in some capacity

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

It’s not a stupid idea. It makes no difference to me though. Sorry I had my wires crossed.

Be a bitch somewhere else though.

It might be stupid, it might  not be stupid, we'll never know

4 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

I would think you have to go with the guy with the highest upside.

Maybe but I would take any pitcher that throws strikes. Especially against that Stanford lineup.

I don't think Schloss has many options either way. He's either going to have to start a bullpen arm or Dettmer that's been unable to throw a strike for 3 months. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Maybe but I would take any pitcher that throws strikes. Especially against that Stanford lineup.

I don't think Schloss has many options either way. He's either going to have to start a bullpen arm or Dettmer that's been unable to throw a strike for 3 months. 

Stewart threw a strike

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1