dont be eating no mexican food in my train, motherfucker

52-80

36 minutes ago, slorch said:

I'm not the one suggesting rules don't apply.

I'm also hardly profiting from my avatar.  Most people don't even remember the sumbeeches.

Is this the kind of stupidity that I’ve been missing in CR? Glad I don’t go in there.

”Bus doesn’t say you can’t kill people so I guess I can kill someone on the bus.”

Can you tell your ass from a hole in the ground? Does someone need to tell you that you should be breathing right now to continue living?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Then it would be OK with you if someone KTFO of burrito boy, right?  Because thunderdome...

If rules don't matter, then they don't fucking matter...

It would have made for a more entertaining video, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Is this the kind of stupidity that I’ve been missing in CR? Glad I don’t go in there.

”Bus doesn’t say you can’t kill people so I guess I can kill someone on the bus.”

Can you tell your ass from a hole in the ground? Does someone need to tell you that you should be breathing right now to continue living?

So you don’t recognize someone neglecting responsibility in their actions, YET absolutely depending on others to maintain theirs?

Douchebags like burrito boy need an ass whoopin of the worst kind, but they’ve never been told,”no.”  They give not one flying fuck about others.  They fucking suck.

Edited by slorch

Then it would be OK with you if someone KTFO of burrito boy, right?  Because thunderdome...

If rules don't matter, then they don't fucking matter...

What in the fuck caused you to garner that response from what I posted? I simply stated an opinion that I’ve acquired throughout life experiences involving public transit. Did I say that people weren’t supposed to obey the rules? No, I did not. I’ll say it again, if you walk through the doors of a public train or bus, and expect everyone on the aforementioned to be on their best behavior, then...I honestly don’t know what to say. I was trying to think of a funny quip, but I’ve got nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, slorch said:

So you don’t recognize someone neglecting responsibility in their actions, YET absolutely depending on others to maintain theirs?

Douchebags like burrito boy need an ass whoopin of the worst kind, but they’ve never been told,”no.”  They give not one flying fuck about others.  They fucking suck.

so you've never sped in a car before? never crossed a street illegally?  never committed any infraction?

it's fucking rule on a fucking subway.  get off your fucking high horse.

Edited by crash_davis

6 hours ago, slorch said:

People in life that have no true understanding of the word "no", are in my opinion, some of the most dangerous citizens of any society; and by default what helps this is when people pacify the actions of those that don't understand that you can't always get what you want, but (if you try sometimes), you get what you need..!

needs an asswhoopin of the worst kind... good lord.  I like how you always do mix in a bit of folksy language whenever leaning back and espousing how if everyone else just held forth the kind of rugged bootstrapping American strict code of values (like you do, dammit) we wouldn't be in this dang mess dagnabbit.

But I have been irked by someone eating hot tomato soup next to me on a bus.  It smells, I don't like the smell of tomato soup mingling with the smell of public transportation as I try to escape into my phone for 30 minutes.  The woman got a silent eyeroll, which is the extent of what she deserved.

I watched the season 2 episode of Parts Unknown where Bourdain visits Tokyo and was thinking of how, even if we should aspire towards a society in which people are more respectful of others and conscious of the shame they might bring down upon themselves, there is such a thing as going way the fuck too far.  If you're trying to aspire to a Gus McCrae or even Woodrow Call set of values, that's not it.  Giving two fucks about someone eating a burrito.

• Like 2

Go fuck yourself...

respectfully though.

It blows my mind how fuckers like you want to give burrito boy a pass.  Of course the cops shouldn't be called... but if he exited the train with a knot on his head or a fat lip, maybe he'd learn to understand to respect( see also: be aware) of others.

Fuck the Japs too.  they have their own fucking subset of extra problems.

Edited by slorch

It is real easy to see who on this thread has dealt with mass transit and been forced to interact with society at large on a daily basis and who lives in a bubble. Or drives to work every day. Agree with celery above, if someone stinks on a train, you are annoyed, maybe an eye roll or hrmph but suck it up. Unless someone is negatively and actively fucking with you, live and let live. 

Trying to fight or advocating beating someone up for EATING in public is beyond  civil society. As in, you’ll either end up in the hospital, dead, or jail if you actually practiced that in nyc/Chicago mass transit. It isn’t about “follow the rules!” It’s more like some rules are okay to bend, and if they aren’t hurting anyone, who are you to give a shit?  That being said, try not to eat real stinky food on the train or at least go to the end of the car or minimalize it somehow.

How about sneaking food into a movie, or better yet-a flask at DKR?

Maybe different because of smells, but at least you can easily move on most trains.

Unless you are a BART cop, life is too short to stress about others that much.

Yes i have ridden mass transit, and I absolutely understand that there is a certain level of understanding that people will be fucked up.

My contention is that we can improve behavior by not being silent.  Silence is acceptance.

Again, calling the cops is bullshit, but calling the motherfucker out for being a pig is OK.

What say you on grabbing the burrito and heading to another area?  Yeah, it's a fool's errand, but burrito boy is dying for a signal from ahigh.

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

dude you are truly mental.  again, have you ever sped?  are you a fuckhead who drives 55 in the fast lane?  do you cuss at everyone who speeds by you on the highway or are you a fucking hypocrite?

He crawled up my ass for being cautious at 4 way intersections. He's a fucking menace!

I bet if he was eating a delicious sausage, egg and cheese taquito while dipping it in picante sauce from Whataburger we would all be on Burrito Boy's side. I would most definitely chow down a taquito or breakfast on a bun ranchero on public transit. I am quite positive it would be well received, even if it was breaking the rules. This would be a drastically different conversation if that were the case. 916dda54720e3b159635a2d2b953a51a.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Player said:

Slorch - are you advocating or condoning violence because a guy was eating on a train?

No.  I am advocating treating people how they treat others.

The inverse of the golden rule.

So you think eating a burrito on a train is the same as physically assaulting someone, therefore by your inverse golden rule a train burrito bandit should be responded to with physical violence? Gotta give them a taste of their own medicine!

Slorch is dumber than Rocko.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texaskimo said:

So you think eating a burrito on a train is the same as physically assaulting someone, therefore by your inverse golden rule a train burrito bandit should be responded to with physical violence? Gotta give them a taste of their own medicine!

Slorch is dumber than Rocko.

By the letter of the law, yeah it’s physical violence. In reality, it’s just an attention getter.  A wakeup call.The law protects the self-unaware fuckstick who does not abide...

Love how everybody else’s solution is to just sit there and take it.

Fuck that guy.

Edited by slorch

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:08 AM, mr. sunshine said:

Jim and Sam were ripping on this guy this morning.  

Dispatcher: A guy's eating a burrito on your train?  Sounds serious.  We'll put our best guy on it

Heeyyyyy everybodddyyyyy Jim and Sam are here!!..... yuckkkkkk.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

By the letter of the law, yeah it’s physical violence. In reality, it’s just an attention getter.  A wakeup call.The law protects the self-unaware fuckstick who does not abide...

Love how everybody else’s solution is to just sit there and take it.

Fuck that guy.

Calling the cops was dumb.  Also, i'm usually for minding my fucking business.  Again, usually.  I think this situation called for that.  That said IF a guy was bothering me , while breaking a clearly posted rule, i don't give two shits about letting my sentiments being made known to an offender.  Especially if I perceived that person to be an inconsiderate dick who might just have lived a life of douchebagedness.  No need to call anyone else its easy enough to just say something and handle it right then and there.  Team Slorch on this one, i think, as i didn't read all his posts.  A Mr. Hand approach may have been best in this situation.     

AR-307319924.jpg   

I have acted like a jerk on a commuter train.

Car was full except some guy had his backpack on the seat next to him. I picked it up and tossed it to him. "Your backpack is in my chair." 

There are signs about fines for that, too. Fuck that.

Edited by Stoogey
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Calling the cops was dumb.  Also, i'm usually for minding my fucking business.  Again, usually.  I think this situation called for that.  That said IF a guy was bothering me , while breaking a clearly posted rule, i don't give two shits about letting my sentiments being made known to an offender.  Especially if I perceived that person to be an inconsiderate dick who might just have lived a life of douchebagedness.  No need to call anyone else its easy enough to just say something and handle it right then and there.  Team Slorch on this one, i think, as i didn't read all his posts.  A Mr. Hand approach may have been best in this situation.     

AR-307319924.jpg   

youre just mad you dont have a burrito in your hand right now

41 minutes ago, Stoogey said:

I have acted like a jerk on a commuter train.

Car was full except some guy had his backpack on the seat next to him. I picked it up and tossed it to him. "Your backpack is in my chair." 

There are signs about fines for that, too. Fuck that.

Dayum, you should have slapped him 2 or 3 times and then asked him if he was going to do anything.....or just stand there and bleed.....

Out ya go youngster, and don't come back.....ever..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 10:22 PM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Since when do we as a society call the cops on what is essentially every post on "Post the Things that Annoy You" thread. Whatever happened to the steely gaze, the side eye, the loud sigh/garumph, and the "can you believe this guy?" under your breath to your neighbor, but just so audible the person can be shamed?

The may be the only reasonable post in your entire catalog.

You my bitch.

Not if you’d picked up my backpack, thrown it at me, and said that it was in your chair I wouldn’t.
Had you asked to sit down where my backpack was, I would’ve moved it, and we would’ve been sitting next to each other.
Had you actually done what you claimed, we would’ve had a talk.

3 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Not if you’d picked up my backpack, thrown it at me, and said that it was in your chair I wouldn’t.
Had you asked to sit down where my backpack was, I would’ve moved it, and we would’ve been sitting next to each other.

City slicker.

On 7/26/2018 at 12:57 AM, Homesickhorn said:

See? You should not have put your backpack on the chair. 

You could have avoided being beaten the snot out of you.

So sorry. Chicago / Tokyo / NYC / Osaka rules.

On 6/28/2018 at 9:40 PM, CooterBrown said:

Rode the BART last week. A guy had diarrhea running down his leg and no one said shit. I guess there wasn’t a sign posted about that.

No, but I'll bet they smelled it.