2024 Texas Baseball

Hookem2147

Hey, I'm sure it's a lovely field.  And sorry I didn't give enough a shit about SEC tourney baseball to ever look it up or watch it.  Don't get me wrong, I do SEC baseball homework once big bracket time comes around since we invariably meet up with a few in/on our way to Omaha.  Birmingham just fucking blows to get to from Austin by air or car.  

I guess I just assumed it rotated around from Atlanta to some grapefruit/minor league stadiums in Florida.  I dunno.  Seems like it'd be a fun thing to go watch every few years when we make the move.  But no way in the world could I justify 4-5 days away from home to visit a Birmingham exurb.  Who knows, maybe they'll start moving it around in a few years.  I guess I should think about Globe Life this season as a last hurrah.  I know the Rangers just had theirs there.  Eeeewwwwww.burn

Just dropping by to say WTF?  Broadcast schedule for 2 & 3 November just came out on LHN (evening slots are all reruns, press conferences, etc.).  Nothing about any baseball, texassports.com doesn't have anything, and folks that answer baseball calls in Belmont don't know anything.  Are they not having the FWS open to the public for some stupid fucking reason?  They got May tennis schedules all set in stone.  But next week's baseball is a fucking mystery.  Da fuh? 

That’s all I need personally. The wife would likely not green light the expense though.  And while I’d be happy to bring the girls along, she and I both know they’d get bored out of their fucking mind by day two.  And it’s not like I can play it off as an educational opportunity in America’s backwards south.  I can’t wait to take them to New Orleans, Savannah, and Charleston; Nashville; Asheville, etc.  but Alabama?  Yeah; they don’t really have a penchant for the confederacy and fried food.  

we are gonna blow it out this May at Arlington though.  One last big 13 hurrah 

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Just dropping by to say WTF?  Broadcast schedule for 2 & 3 November just came out on LHN (evening slots are all reruns, press conferences, etc.).  Nothing about any baseball, texassports.com doesn't have anything, and folks that answer baseball calls in Belmont don't know anything.  Are they not having the FWS open to the public for some stupid fucking reason?  They got May tennis schedules all set in stone.  But next week's baseball is a fucking mystery.  Da fuh? 

If you actually called Belmont about the baseball schedule you are a god-damned hero, and probably a psycho...

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Dude......

Just Relax Chill Out GIF

Here's everything you need to know. 

Admission Cost = Free 

Parking = Free

Concessions= Open (merchandise too) 

Gates open 1 hr prior

https://texassports.com/news/2023/10/23/baseball-fall-world-series-schedule-set.aspx

• Hook 'Em 1

That is odd they aren't airing Thursday/Friday - thought maybe volleyball might conflict, but they're in Morgantown those 2 days.  So there's not really a reason to not air them except LHN sucks and I can't wait until it's gone. 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That is odd they aren't airing Thursday/Friday - thought maybe volleyball might conflict, but they're in Morgantown those 2 days.  So there's not really a reason to not air them except LHN sucks and I can't wait until it's gone. 

They were going to air the Thursday/Friday games, but the only one around to call the games was Lowell, so they decided to trash the idea.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They want people to come out. (?)

I went to all the Fall Ball games last year. Did they televise the Thurs-Fri games of the FWS? I can't remember.

1 hour ago, BillyGoatHill said:

They want people to come out. (?)

I went to all the Fall Ball games last year. Did they televise the Thurs-Fri games of the FWS? I can't remember.

Just the first game.

The annual Fall World Series will be played Thursday-Saturday, November 3-5, with the series opener set to be broadcast on Longhorn Network at 6 p.m.

https://texassports.com/news/2022/10/6/baseball-announces-2022-fall-schedule.aspx

You mentioned you spoke with a player at a tailgate who stated Pierce elected not to play another opponent during the Fall to better evaluate the players.   Did he seem pro/con or indifferent ?    

Edited by torre

Just the first game.
The annual Fall World Series will be played Thursday-Saturday, November 3-5, with the series opener set to be broadcast on Longhorn Network at 6 p.m.
https://texassports.com/news/2022/10/6/baseball-announces-2022-fall-schedule.aspx

You mentioned you spoke with a player at a tailgate who stated Pierce elected not to play another opponent during the Fall to better evaluate the players.   Did he seem pro/con or indifferent ?    

He (portal transfer last year)made it seem like they have a pretty good club with high expectations and a lot of talent. Talent that still needs a thorough evaluation.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, torre said:

Just the first game.

That is last years press release.  This year the games are 11/2 6pm, 11/3 6pm, 11/5 1pm.  Only 11/5 game is on LHN.

17 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

that had me confused as hell lol

so no games vs opposing teams this fall ?

Correct ...Just the FWS (inter-squad this year)

3 hours ago, torre said:

Post was made to reply to post immediately above which asked which game was telecast last year.

HA!  I took it from the texassports.com site after THEY posted it yesterday. Somehow it linked last's years schedule even though I read through it and it was for this year 🤷‍♂️...Let's see if this one works.

https://texassports.com/news/2023/10/23/baseball-fall-world-series-schedule-set.aspx

• Hook 'Em 1

I guess season tickets go on sale (renewal) in late Dec/early Jan?

Renewal email for season ticket holders usually comes out first week of December (for ‘23 tickets, renewal email went out December 5, 2022)
Last year they added automatic renewal for season ticket holders and if you signed up for that, your card will automatically be charged usually the first week of January. (I did this) Seat selection for upgrades (if wanted) takes place mid January. Seat upgrades or extra seats last year was pretty tight. Tickets being available for download around first week of February. I think last year that email went out around 3 February.
  • Hook 'Em 1

https://txst.com/sports/baseball/schedule

Texas St schedule for those interested.    Texas games are at Astros Minute Maid College Classic and April 9th and 10th.

Texas St also plays at the Round Rock Classic Feb 23-25 with Kansas, Wash St. and Kentucky (Mitchell Daly's return to the ATX area).   Hope he does well, great person.

On 10/17/2023 at 3:02 PM, HTXfan said:

Last day of fall ball must be Nov 5 based on NCAA rules allowing max 45 days from start of fall practice Sept 22. So FWS, if on a weekend, must be first weekend in November.  B12 will be 10 conference weekends (like SEC and ACC), so 4 non-conf weekends, one of which is first weekend in March at Minute Maid.  Heard that home will be Baylor, OkSt, Kansas, BYU and TCU, with away being UH, UCF, KState, TxTech and OK.

10/10. Not bad for your first post.

I thought y'all were reading too much into conspiracy theories, but nope---it's every fucking sport.

Is it me or are the dates off on texassports?  They start with USD 2/16-2/18 but have it listed Thu-Sat and then every other home series is off one day of the week from then on?  Da fUH?