Texas Longhorns - 2024 Schedule with a few SEC dates

Pancho

12 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Because the arky lege saw how much money was dropped in LR when Texas played there, that's why they fucking forced them to play there, kid.

Again, not happening now.

The stadium in Fayetteville has over 20k more seats PLUS their suites. Arky season ticket holders would throw a fit, esp the big $$ types.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Because the arky lege saw how much money was dropped in LR when Texas played there, that's why they fucking forced them to play there, kid.

I’m 57, dipshit - I know full well that they used to play there and why. The point is they don’t play significant (I.e. games anyone gives a damn about) games there anymore, and haven’t for years.

Edited by Ignatius

On 11/30/2023 at 7:12 PM, Bama Llama said:

That, and for early season games when it’s hot as fuck around game time and still daylight out, when the GGs stand at attention, one may observe little dainty drops of sweat falling from the tips of their pert little noses straight down into the lovely valley between their perfect heaving boobs.  Picture me as Mel Brooks with the secretary in Blazing Saddles!

blazing-saddles.jpg

• Drool 1

On 11/30/2023 at 3:12 PM, Biff Tannen said:

May be another thread about it, but with the move to the SEC, what road games are y'all looking forward to the most?  I went to Bama this year and it was actually really fun.  Helps when you win of course, but the overall atmosphere and fans were much better than I anticipated.

Nashville

13 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I mean outside of Georgia and kinda sorta Florida that home schedule is refried dogshit and would fit in fine with Big 12 schedules in terms of intrigue and quality. 1.5 games out of 7. Not unlike 2022 with Alabama, TCU and who cares.

They need to find a way to make sure at least one of Arkansas/A&M is in Austin every year with the other being on the road if they go to the 3 permanent rivals in 2025 and beyond.

I'm all for good home schedules but I also like winning. There is a balance to be had and it's also tough when the marquee non con game is on the road.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

They need to find a way to make sure at least one of Arkansas/A&M is in Austin every year with the other being on the road if they go to the 3 permanent rivals in 2025 and beyond.

I'm all for good home schedules but I also like winning. There is a balance to be had and it's also tough when the marquee non con game is on the road.

This is a good point.  Not that we're extra special, but what are naturally our two biggest rivalries aside from OU which is set in stone for the near future in Dallas (praise be), it is kinda weird to have Arkansas and A&M both the road.  Maybe they switch that up soon, and not whining...I think we can beat the shit outta both next year in their houses.  But If that's a permanent thing, while it'll be fun to have 'em both at DKR in odd-numbered years...it sucks to have both as away games each cycle.  Ah, who knows.  I think they're gonna beta-test a buncha shit with all the conference realignments, not just SEC.  But did make plans this morning at dropoff with my buddy who is married to a Nashville native and he got us tickets through work for the Vandy game next season.  Could give a shit about the game but would love for our girls to all see the Music City.  

Also, October gonna be a hot mess in Austin.  Kinda in a good way, but also shitty

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

I initially completely misread this to mean that you thought Arkansas vs. aggy should play every year in Austin (instead of Jerryworld), and I personally think that would be awful, hilarious, and fantastic all at the same time.

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

This is a good point.  Not that we're extra special, but what are naturally our two biggest rivalries aside from OU which is set in stone for the near future in Dallas (praise be), it is kinda weird to have Arkansas and A&M both the road.  Maybe they switch that up soon, and not whining...I think we can beat the shit outta both next year in their houses.  But If that's a permanent thing, while it'll be fun to have 'em both at DKR in odd-numbered years...it sucks to have both as away games each cycle.  Ah, who knows.  I think they're gonna beta-test a buncha shit with all the conference realignments, not just SEC.  But did make plans this morning at dropoff with my buddy who is married to a Nashville native and he got us tickets through work for the Vandy game next season.  Could give a shit about the game but would love for our girls to all see the Music City.  

Also, October gonna be a hot mess in Austin.  Kinda in a good way, but also shitty

There is nothing about the '24 schedule that is permanent 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Where is this supposed SEC meatgrinder we were all told about in which every game is the football equivalent of Verdun?

Apart from Georgia, this is a schedule that is pretty comparable to your average Big12 schedule in terms of difficulty.  Playing aggy at College Station is roughly equivalent to playing Tech in Lubbock.  Playing Arkansas in Fayettenam is roughly equivalent to a trip to Ames.  But Kentucky, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt?  Don't those match up pretty evenly with Kansas, TCU, and Baylor?

Of course, we could completely shit the bed.  We routinely did that in the Big12 over the past decade.  But if that happens, it won't be because the schedule is so much more difficult than what we faced this year.

But if we don't shit the bed, we'll get the benefit of having played an [hushed and awe-struck voice] SEC Schedule [/hushed and awe-struck voice] when the playoff rankings come out.

So much of this. That vaunted SEC gauntlet has always been bullshit, especially when you consider they've always played only 8 games. Half of the teams went 6 or 7 or years without playing each other. I'm not sure how one can even refer to them as conference mates when they play each other so infrequently. How many years has Georgia gone without playing Bama or A&M? If anything, the schedule for SEC East teams will actually begin to approach the difficulty they've spent the last 15 years crowing about now that OU joined them alongside of us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

We always played Arkansas and aggy either both at home or both on the road every year the last time we were all in the same conference . OU is technically a road game next year too….

Edited by Ignatius

Gotcha.  Well before my time (first UT game was 1996).  But I sincerely doubt the SEC took into consideration that fact from 30+ years ago when Arkansas was an actual conference foe.  The OU home/away is largely meaningless aside from how our unis look on TV.  I just found it odd he "rivalry protected" schedule makers at SEC would park us on the road for both ARK and T&M.  But as we've said, could all change wildly the year after.  I don't give a shit, I don't see how we could possibly lose either one.  And I'd like an excuse to take the kids fishing/hiking in NW Arkansas next year.  Will hopefully go the rest of my life without ever setting foot in College Station.  Return trip to Athens sounds fun though, one of the few tolerable parts of the deep South.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

who is that GIF

sup aggy troll

This is a poor effort. Yes, I will be happy to go to Nashville and get good cheap seats and watch Texas btfo that team in the SEC with the only winning record against Texas. It'll be one of the few first world cities in that illiterate ass conference's region worth visiting. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/14/2023 at 6:31 PM, jimmyjazz said:

UGA / Michigan / OU / UF / Arky / MSU / A&M

is damn salty.

It just means LESS.

No more jihad-games with the intentional-injury-causing-cheapshot-tackles (like this year with Ewers separated-shoulder/sprain vs cougar-high, Brooks-ACL vs froggy #8 intentional-leg-twists, etc.) from the Hateful8-left-behinds.

No more corches who get their season-success/job-security decided solely on beating TEXAS that year.

It's forever LESS of that Bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Js1 said:

Fun thread on Reddit whining about the UGA game being the same as F-1 weekend and how dare Texas schedule it like that to prevent UGA fans from traveling to Austin

Believe Me Hulu GIF by Onyx Collective

I hope they have fun staying in Boerne, Kerrville, Huntsville, Fredericksburg, or Corsicana, etc., for the Texas game. Lulz.

• 1 month later...

Per this On3 article that Bleacher Report just served me, "by 2026" is when the SEC goes to a 9-game conference schedule:

https://www.on3.com/news/texas-athletics-director-chris-del-conte-confirms-sec-progressing-toward-nine-game-conference-schedule-by-2026-season/

Although saying "by 2026" leaves some doubt whether 2025 could go to 9-game conference schedule, too.

1 hour ago, BachelorTrek said:

Per this On3 article that Bleacher Report just served me, "by 2026" is when the SEC goes to a 9-game conference schedule:

https://www.on3.com/news/texas-athletics-director-chris-del-conte-confirms-sec-progressing-toward-nine-game-conference-schedule-by-2026-season/

Although saying "by 2026" leaves some doubt whether 2025 could go to 9-game conference schedule, too.

I think once SEC goes to 9 and new P2 type structure we won’t see big marquee match ups in our OOC schedule. Bobby has also insinuated this. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Anyone have educated guesses on the Michigan kickoff time? I probably won't be able to land before 12:15 Mountain Time.

The Big Ten announced a seven-year, $8 billion media deal with CBS, NBC and Fox in 2022, allowing the three networks to broadcast their games starting in 2023 and running through the 2029-30 season. Fox had already been showing Big Ten games, while CBS and NBC are new.

Starting in 2024, each week will feature a Big Ten tripleheader on the three networks: Fox will show a Big Noon Kickoff game, CBS will have the 3:30 p.m. slot, and NBC is introducing Big Ten Saturday night with a 7:30 p.m. game. 

22 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Anyone have educated guesses on the Michigan kickoff time? I probably won't be able to land before 12:15 Mountain Time.

You have to imagine it is the number one selection of the Big Ten games that week, which suggests it will probably be Big Noon on Fox (although CU at Nebraska is also that week).  My understanding is that Fox generally gets the first selections, but I am not exactly sure.

image.png.a3707b5f34b3042838a976be7fd233ec.png

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

You have to imagine it is the number one selection of the Big Ten games that week, which suggests it will probably be Big Noon on Fox (although CU at Nebraska is also that week).  My understanding is that Fox generally gets the first selections, but I am not exactly sure.

image.png.a3707b5f34b3042838a976be7fd233ec.png

If I were betting it is going to be big noon game and probably gameday too.  Defending champs vs top 5 texas

Edited by BurntOrange&White

25 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If I were betting it is going to be big noon game and probably gameday too.  Defending champs vs top 5 texas

I agree. There's a really good chance it'll be the only match up between two ranked teams in week two. It should be the host site for both programs and carry a 12pm ET/11am CT kickoff if Fox gets the coverage (which it should given their choices).

https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/2/year/2024/seasontype/2

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/14/2023 at 5:15 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

So much of this. That vaunted SEC gauntlet has always been bullshit, especially when you consider they've always played only 8 games. Half of the teams went 6 or 7 or years without playing each other. I'm not sure how one can even refer to them as conference mates when they play each other so infrequently. How many years has Georgia gone without playing Bama or A&M? If anything, the schedule for SEC East teams will actually begin to approach the difficulty they've spent the last 15 years crowing about now that OU joined them alongside of us. 

A&M?? Cmon man!