Surly Horns Stampede To Tuscaloosa

immamac

2 hours ago, salonghorn said:

Any of ya'll taking a look at the Gulf?

There's no way I am going to sit here and worry about something I have zero control over.

Plus I am too busy watching Alabama games from last year trying to pinpoint their weaknesses.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Assman said:
2 hours ago, salonghorn said:
Any of ya'll taking a look at the Gulf?

I can assure you anything forming right now won't affect a game in 14 days.

You are correct. For some reason I was thinking the game was this weekend. Beat the Hell Outta Bama

Renting a 30ft RV leaving Austin Friday 9/8 @ 6am Returning Sunday 9/10..have room for 4 passengers to ride there and back, tailgating on campus RV Lot.  Looking to offset fuel. Hotel prices have dropped in Tuscaloosa (https://www.trivago.com/en-US/lm/cheap-hotels-tuscaloosa-alabama?search=200-14205;dr-20230908-20230910;rc-1-2;so-1 )and Game tkts continue to drop. DM me if you're interested in watching Texas Beat Alabama!

Edited by joebevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, joebevo said:

Renting a 30ft RV leaving Austin Friday 9/8 @ 6am Returning Sunday 9/10..have room for 4 passengers to ride there and back, tailgating on campus RV Lot.  Looking to offset fuel. Hotel prices have dropped in Tuscaloosa (https://www.trivago.com/en-US/lm/cheap-hotels-tuscaloosa-alabama?search=200-14205;dr-20230908-20230910;rc-1-2;so-1 )and Game tkts continue to drop. DM me if you're interested in watching Texas Beat Alabama!

You don't want to just come to the crazy tailgate that this website is hosting a 5 minute walk from the stadium? Lol

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

You don't want to just come to the crazy tailgate that this website is hosting a 5 minute walk from the stadium? Lol

Will definitely be stopping by, I need to see what this Quad tailgating is all about..I'll invite the whole crew

2 hours ago, joebevo said:

If I can get someone to watch my dog I'm in.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, atxchillin said:

is the Surly tailgate public?  I saw the location details in the thread but didn't see how to contribute...

Its public but if you want to drink and eat...gotta be burnt ends or make a contribution to Texas One fund. Nothing crazy but we all will do out part!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Yeah if you look for 5 Points in Bham make sure you head to 5 Points South not 5 Points West. South is bar-crawling/pan-handling/occasionally-getting-your-car-poked-around-in fun. West is placid compared to what it once was but is basic wings-and-seafood low-rent strip malls and neighborhoods. Unless you get shot. So don't get shot. I never got shot there. 

As to hipsters I will be spending that Saturday among them in downtown Birmingham flogging artwork in the foo-foo Art Walk where they shut down the streets and have a two day show with tents. I am not officially there, I'll be in a Punk Rock event in the parking lot behind Forstall's Art Supplies, look for a tall guy wearing a 25-year-old UT shirt and scream in my ear in case I'm deaf from the music.

It's 20th Street North, which is a long-ass walk for anybody getting drunk on 20th Street South.

Forstall Art Center and Custom Framing

215 20th St N, Birmingham, AL 35203

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2023 at 2:53 PM, TxEx84 said:

Dinner at Bright Star Friday night in Bessemer with about 8 others. Bar hop around there. But then I saw this list! emoji15.png

Barhopping in Bessemer is a phrase I have never thought or heard. But Bright Star is legit. 100+ years ago lots of Greek immigrants opened restaurants and hot dog stands. Most of the grandkids went into other professions, but a few places remain in family hands.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Barhopping in Bessemer is a phrase I have never thought or heard. But Bright Star is legit. 100+ years ago lots of Greek immigrants opened restaurants and hot dog stands. Most of the grandkids went into other professions, but a few places remain in family hands.

Yeah, when I first looked at Google maps there seemed to be some bars and breweries in Bessemer.  But looking into it, hell no, not hanging around.  We'll probably Uber to 5 points area.

We are going to need help with some things in Tuscaloosa. If you are willing to help early (6AM-7AM start) and have a vehicle can you send me a DM? The logistics situation for these people is actually like they have never hosted a football game in their lives. 

image.thumb.png.9d9fc8c55627d38e1e775ac7191d7a8c.png

We are in 268D (They fucked us out of 275D)

We need to get the keg there in the morning. Tailgating starts at 8AM, they let us in to set up at 7AM. Breakfast Tacos at 8-9AM or whenever we get started on them until we are done cooking them. 

We will have their provided TV + another TV that we will bring so 2 TV's with all the games playing all day until kick. 

So far for the tailgate we will bring enough for:

100 breakfast tacos (bacon, egg, cheese, beans only toppings and flour tortillas)

~35lbs of @RGBIII special marinated beef fajitas + veggies (chicken will not be an option)

Sides will be whatever bullshit chips/queso/guac/whatever we can find in large enough quantities in Tuscaloosa on Friday evening. If someone wants to bring fresh avocados or bring an awesome big tub/bowl of guac that would be killer. 

We will have a full 6 foot wooden bar - there will be no bartender, but if you want to volunteer to bartend for a bit feel free.

1 full keg of Modelo, 1 pony keg of a local Kolsch, 5 cases of lonestar, 5 cases of another Texas beer, 3 cases of seltzer, 

2 * 1L each of tequila, whiskey, vodka - with coke + diet, sprite, ginger, club soda, water, lime juice and Gatorade

2 Bottles of assorted white wines, 1 bottle of rose, 2 bottles of red, 3 bottles of bubbles + some juices for mixers 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

We need to get the keg there in the morning. Tailgating starts at 8AM, they let us in to set up at 7AM. Breakfast Tacos at 8-9AM or whenever we get started on them until we are done cooking them. 

We will have their provided TV + another TV that we will bring so 2 TV's with all the games playing all day until kick. 

So far for the tailgate we will bring enough for:

100 breakfast tacos (bacon, egg, cheese, beans only toppings and flour tortillas)

~35lbs of @RGBIII special marinated beef fajitas + veggies (chicken will not be an option)

Sides will be whatever bullshit chips/queso/guac/whatever we can find in large enough quantities in Tuscaloosa on Friday evening. If someone wants to bring fresh avocados or bring an awesome big tub/bowl of guac that would be killer. 

We will have a full 6 foot wooden bar - there will be no bartender, but if you want to volunteer to bartend for a bit feel free.

1 full keg of Modelo, 1 pony keg of a local Kolsch, 5 cases of lonestar, 5 cases of another Texas beer, 3 cases of seltzer, 

2 * 1L each of tequila, whiskey, vodka - with coke + diet, sprite, ginger, club soda, water, lime juice and Gatorade

2 Bottles of assorted white wines, 1 bottle of rose, 2 bottles of red, 3 bottles of bubbles + some juices for mixers 

I need you to provide michelada mix too sir :)

I just pulled the trigger on my tix.. Lower level MM, row 3.. see y'all in a couple weeks 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/30/2023 at 12:20 PM, immamac said:

Sooooooo, I think I know why. I've mentioned a couple times my daughter (no pics) goes to UA on an academic scholarship.  Last year her sorority was the only sorority that hosted a tailgate. The guy that organized it was another parent.  He said he wasn't doing it this year, which is why The Missus (no pics) decided she wanted to line up one for us. Some time over the last 2 or 3 weeks the guy that ran the sorority tailgate changed his mind. There is an updated map now with 269D and 275D combined into 268i for the Phi Mu tent.  

We are in 251D so my varying levels of drunken self won't have to walk too far unless until I have to pee.  So I've got that going for me.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
because nature
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Sooooooo, I think I know why. I've mentioned a couple times my daughter (no pics) goes to UA on an academic scholarship.  Last year her sorority was the only sorority that hosted a tailgate. The guy that organized it was another parent.  He said he wasn't doing it this year, which is why The Missus (no pics) decided she wanted to line up one for us. Some time over the last 2 or 3 weeks the guy that ran the sorority tailgate changed his mind. There is an updated map now with 269D and 275D combined into 268i for the Phi Mu tent.  

We are in 251D so my varying levels of drunken self won't have to walk too far unless until I have to pee.  So I've got that going for me.

This is bullshit cuz I wanted that tent and they fucked me on it. I’m gonna go fight this mother fucker lol kidding. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, orange dream said:

My buddy bailed due to an injury.  I'm regrouping and bringing my 10-year-old son instead.  Ok to swing by with him?

36 minutes ago, immamac said:

Absolutely. 

Need to get the guy heat treating his 3 year old at the Rice game out to the tailgate.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

1 hour ago, immamac said:

This is bullshit cuz I wanted that tent and they fucked me on it. I’m gonna go fight this mother fucker lol kidding. 

1 hour ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

I want to see you out in front of the Phi Mu tent liquored up and making a huge scene about them stealing your tent.

Seems like there could be worse things than having a sorority tailgate as our neighbors.

https://www.uaphimu.org/

4 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

I'm going to need you to introduce me to some of the Phi Mus. (I'm 24 lol)

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/18/2023 at 6:10 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Where is the ref crew for this game going to be from?  If it is an SEC or Big 12 crew we are going to get hosed and lose the game because of it.  If it's a neutral crew we will win the game.

We had a B12 crew last year, so it's SEC this year.

Which is probably preferable of the two options.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic