She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie

HiggyBaby

There is a lot to be said for tolerance.  You lay the foundation for 60 years, you can get away with a lot in cheating Mother Nature.  You can’t just take up blow in your 70’s like bocce ball or water aerobics.  

You don't rise up to the ranks of the type of person who is left unattended near the Oval nor the Residence unless you're pretty sharp.  Sharp people look for blind spots or gaps in attention.  Coke users look for blind spots and gaps in attention.  Sharp coke users really look for blind spots and gaps in attention.  And there are a lot of them in D.C.  The person knew how to get it in that space, where to hide it, and meant to go back and get it but never had the chance.  There's also a very good chance it was a dead drop.  Male staffer staying late with some female staffers.  They're having some drinks, catching up on work, pre-partying before they go meet the crew on G Street.  Guy whispers to hot blonde, "I left you something near the xyz door, top left drawer under the legal pad."  Just put your back to the camera like you're shuffling for papers and palm it.  

Next thing you know they all get a text to meet on F Street straightaway and they all hustle out, dude figures he'll come back and get it later or come in on Saturday like a trooper.  Trouble is he got so fucked up, he slept all day, and by Monday the sweep was on.  This shit happens literally every other week in every administration.  

But some of y'all's conspiracy theories are pretty damn amusing.  

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

You don't rise up to the ranks of the type of person who is left unattended near the Oval nor the Residence unless you're pretty sharp.  Sharp people look for blind spots or gaps in attention.  Coke users look for blind spots and gaps in attention.  Sharp coke users really look for blind spots and gaps in attention.  And there are a lot of them in D.C.  The person knew how to get it in that space, where to hide it, and meant to go back and get it but never had the chance.  There's also a very good chance it was a dead drop.  Male staffer staying late with some female staffers.  They're having some drinks, catching up on work, pre-partying before they go meet the crew on G Street.  Guy whispers to hot blonde, "I left you something near the xyz door, top left drawer under the legal pad."  Just put your back to the camera like you're shuffling for papers and palm it.  

Next thing you know they all get a text to meet on F Street straightaway and they all hustle out, dude figures he'll come back and get it later or come in on Saturday like a trooper.  Trouble is he got so fucked up, he slept all day, and by Monday the sweep was on.  This shit happens literally every other week in every administration.  

Obligatory/

9c6a10_aabab999ec6e4034965396ec5a919b8f~

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

21 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Coke users look for blind spots and gaps in attention.  Sharp coke users really look for blind spots and gaps in attention.  And there are a lot of them in D.C.  The person knew how to get it in that space, where to hide it, and meant to go back and get it but never had the chance.  There's also a very good chance it was a dead drop

yes they are

Kinda.  Remember when the redhead in "American Pie" tells the guy, "That's all band camp really is...sex education!"  

That's what working in politics in your 20's and 30's really is, learning what you can get away with---mostly drugs and sex...but sometimes really crazy shit.

Was anyone honestly expecting anything different?

1) A lot more people with educations and good jobs use drugs than most probably realize. It's not as easy as "find the obvious crackhead." I'm sure the owner knew that the White House has fucking cameras.

2) If the Secret Service somehow did identify the owner--and it was a cabinet member or family of the POTUS--in what world is that going to get revealed to the public? With any administration? I'm amazed the story has even gotten this far in the public eye.

Edited by aggie08

Nope only beatnicks, coloreds, liberals, and Hunter use drugs.  It has to fit that narrative, it just can't be some mid-level staffer who forgot about a baggie.  That's not possible, that never happens except during every single administration since Ford.  

Some of y'all need to get out of your comfort zone.  I have watched serious Republicans do absurd amounts of drugs in the immediate vicinity of me.  Democrats, too.  But pound for pound, I have never seen drug use like I have with GOP'ers.  This was 95% a dumb Democrat staffer who got fucked up and forgot.  And they should be punished if only for putting Secret Service on high alert for anthrax and pulling resources away from where they're actually needed.  

But that's how polarized and fucking stupid our country is.  Some of y'all are just trying to will the baggie into belonging to a Biden when you should be trying to will the baggie into your hand so we can hit up Palazio this weekend in style. 

I’m not a lawyer but it looks like people are getting worked up about a misdemeanor. 

If an individual knowingly possesses a controlled substance (without having obtained the substance through a legal prescription) then the individual is guilty of a misdemeanor and faces up to 180 days in jail and/or up to $2,500 in fines. Section 48-904.01(d)(1). If the individual was in possession of phencyclidine (PCP) then the individual is guilty of a felony and faces up to three years in prison and/or up to $12,500 in fines. Section 48-904.01(d)(2).

Notably, the District of Columbia included a provision in Section 48-904.01 that provides leniency for first-time offenders possessing drugs. If an individual is guilty of knowingly possessing a controlled substance and has no prior drug-related convictions, then the court has the discretion to defer the proceedings and place the individual on probation for up to one year.

The court decides the conditions of the probation. If the individual violates the terms of the probation, then the court will proceed with prosecution as normal. If the individual successfully fulfills the terms of the probation, then the court will dismiss the charges against the individual.

In fact, the court may even end the probation early, dismissing charges against the individual. Section 48-904.01(e)(1). At this point, the individual may apply to have the records of the arrest, proceedings, and other information expunged (wiped clean) from official, public records. Section 48-904.01(e)(2).

It is important to emphasize that an individual can only have possession charges deferred once. It is also possible for the prosecutor to charge an individual who violated the distribution-related drug offense with a possession charge.

https://criminallawdc.com/dc-drug-lawyer/code-laws/

23 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Nope only beatnicks, coloreds, liberals, and Hunter use drugs.  It has to fit that narrative, it just can't be some mid-level staffer who forgot about a baggie.  That's not possible, that never happens except during every single administration since Ford.  

Some of y'all need to get out of your comfort zone.  I have watched serious Republicans do absurd amounts of drugs in the immediate vicinity of me.  Democrats, too.  But pound for pound, I have never seen drug use like I have with GOP'ers.  This was 95% a dumb Democrat staffer who got fucked up and forgot.  And they should be punished if only for putting Secret Service on high alert for anthrax and pulling resources away from where they're actually needed.  

But that's how polarized and fucking stupid our country is.  Some of y'all are just trying to will the baggie into belonging to a Biden when you should be trying to will the baggie into your hand so we can hit up Palazio this weekend in style. 

This is a lot of words to just say, both sides.