2023 Ryder Cup - Marco Simone Golf & CC, Roma, Italy

Wally Fairway

Justin Thomas is my favorite so far. That was such a heroic round of golf.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Where's a link for actually up-to-the minute scores?  E Hogan is saying Scotty put him and Koepka up 1 and yet every page I try has them tied.

Scottie holed a great putt for the win on 17 and showed more emotion than ive ever seen from him.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Why the fuck are we seeing a Captains cart cam 

⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Jordan showing why he can’t be trusted in foursomes. I wouldn’t expect to see him in session 3 tomorrow either. 

Agreed

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Choke city.

Wyndham Clark played the final three shots like a 20-handicapper. Woof.

If it wasn't over when Hovland sank that putt at 18, it certainly was with Rahm's eagle a few minutes later that was hit so hard it hit the back of the hole, bounced up and then plopped back into the hole. What an abysmal first day. Guess there's no real reason to watch tomorrow or Sunday now.

Luke Donald called it "a dream start" for the Euros. Clearly shell-shocked, Zach Johnson trying to put on a brave face in the greenside TV interview. Lot of golf to play, basically it's like the second quarter of a football game (yeah, maybe, but you're getting run like Deion in Eugene) or the fourth or fifth hole of a golf round.x

At any rate, the US gonna get clowned like the Euros at Whistling Straits.

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Today was not a surprise. I really felt that the Europeans were playing much better golf coming into this. Didn’t even wake up to watch it. I didn’t want to ride the Spiethcoaster. Every week on tour is enough. 

We had a great chance to win 3 of the afternoon matches. Rahm did Rahm stuff so that happened to one of them. But the other 2 losses were just giant choke jobs.

Clark/Homa especially. They should have won the match on 17 and not even brought 18 into play.

I really haven’t been too upset about sports this year. Thank you longhorns for maybe saving a year of my life by not having heart attack games EVERY WEEK. Same with the chiefs but I don’t think they are doing it again this year. But this performance so far….pisses me off. Are you fucking kidding me? And then we truly just gave a point away on that last hole. Sure, it probably doesn’t matter but we really gave that point away, just handed them a half-middle of fairway and…a block so bad it was almost a shank. Thank god I must not have set my alarm right because I was planning on waking up and watching it…what a fucking joke. Sorry, as a former D1 golfer this is just..embarrassing is an understatement, some of these shots remind me of shots I hit under the most pressure-ugly. So if you can’t handle it, don’t put them out. Sorry I’m just so mad that my weekend was going to be a good UT game and then Ryder cup and nfl…fucking sports lover dream and now one is basically over. Please UT don’t follow suit please please. That was a waste of time watching 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn
  • Haha 1

I think this was a fun, but weird watch. I just have a hard time rooting against guys like rory and Rahm and Hovland. And outside of brooks, the US team is all good dudes. I just don't have that us vs them mentality this year. 

And the euros seem to really enjoy it more. I'll keep watching for the stupid good golf. But I don't really care if they steamroll us. 

Nobody on our team has really been playing will lately.  

Scottie had a great year,  but he hasn't been playing/putting well lately.  Jordan has been playing a little better but he's inconsistent and it showed up today.  Not sure why Morikawa is on the team.  Burns and Clark don't scare anyone.   I thought Ricky Fowler would play better,  but he didn't look like he knew where he was,  same with Cantlay and Schauffele.   

I can't believe I got up at 12:30 to watch this ass kicking.  

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Lulz at Johnson putting Spieth out in foursomes. I feel for JT

Yeah Spiethcoaster off the tee in the last 4 or 5 holes today was embarrassing... 🙄

57 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

Nobody on our team has really been playing will lately.  Scottie had a great year,  but he hasn't been playing/putting well lately.  Jordan has been playing a little better but he's inconsistent and it showed up today.  Not sure why Morikawa is on the team.  Burns and Clark don't scare anyone.   I thought Ricky Fowler would play better,  but he didn't look like he knew where he was,  same with Cantlay and Schauffele.   

I can't believe I got up at 12:30 to watch this ass kicking.  

Rickie was just ass for most of today's foursome

Edited by LTtxfan

they all suck but Fowler should have been on the bench, the Harman Homa pairing, and leaving Koepka out was fucking idiotic from Johnson.

that said, the real problem is we have zero alpha's who are ready for the stage in Europe.  they fade like a 1000 dollar claiming race.