Top 3 boards need sponsors.

immamac

I have been monitoring the experience for lurkers and non paying members and I think it's time to try a new strategy. 

The top 3 boards on the site are recruiting, football and Cloak Room. 

I'm going to allow unlimited impressions and turn off ads for each of those boards with a featured banner and logo, letting users know their ad free experience is thanks to sponsor x. 

Recruiting and Football boards are flat rate $2500/mo - on average each gets 4M pageviews a month on over 350k unique visitors. 60k weekly active users and 8k daily active users. This CPM is pretty much unmatched anywhere. 

Cloak Room is heavily trafficked but has a less broad audience. $1000/mo for that sponsorship. 

Banner can redirect to your site or a special or whatever. I the past we have worked with sticky threads and other types of engagement, but never giving the largest part of the user base (lurkers) something completely ad free. 

This is an extremely modest $ amount for the level of impressions and exposure. 

@Scipioand @Wulaw Horn can attest to how effective thread sponsorship has been. With a modest conversion rate for most service or $500+ average transaction size businesses the breakeven on this is very attractive.

First year we will lock in at the above rates. Year 2 I'd like to adjust up or down depending on performance. 

Reach out to me via DM or rick@surlyhorns.com to get this going. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, immamac said:

That's weird. You may want to try clearing all cache cookies on the site (it'll log you out) that thing hasn't been active for a while so it may just be glitched on your end to keep showing from cache. 

That’s a lot of clicks 

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I was shocked at all of the ads aids on the site when I wasn’t logged in, so this is an outstanding potential strategy that would probably expand viewership a lot. 

That's the plan - leave money on the table but grow the community because I've decided that a certain amount of revenue is the amount that makes sense.

On 7/27/2023 at 9:26 PM, immamac said:

I have been monitoring the experience for lurkers and non paying members and I think it's time to try a new strategy. 

The top 3 boards on the site are recruiting, football and Cloak Room. 

I'm going to allow unlimited impressions and turn off ads for each of those boards with a featured banner and logo, letting users know their ad free experience is thanks to sponsor x. 

Recruiting and Football boards are flat rate $2500/mo - on average each gets 4M pageviews a month on over 350k unique visitors. 60k weekly active users and 8k daily active users. This CPM is pretty much unmatched anywhere. 

Cloak Room is heavily trafficked but has a less broad audience. $1000/mo for that sponsorship. 

Banner can redirect to your site or a special or whatever. I the past we have worked with sticky threads and other types of engagement, but never giving the largest part of the user base (lurkers) something completely ad free. 

This is an extremely modest $ amount for the level of impressions and exposure. 

@Scipioand @Wulaw Horn can attest to how effective thread sponsorship has been. With a modest conversion rate for most service or $500+ average transaction size businesses the breakeven on this is very attractive.

First year we will lock in at the above rates. Year 2 I'd like to adjust up or down depending on performance. 

Reach out to me via DM or rick@surlyhorns.com to get this going. 

What I get for about.....tree-fiddy?

Hmm. If someone writes copy for me so that it's dynamic based on the last week's result, I would push my partners to do it. 

"Celebrate the Win in Tuscaloosa a little too hard and get someone pregnant? Call hornian for all your child custody, child support, and paternity testing needs!"

or

"Did you take that loss against [insert team we should have mudholed here] too hard, and now your wife is kicking you out? Call hornian to get the divorce process started!"

or

"Did you win big on your bets on the Longhorns and your wedding date is coming up? Call hornian for a prenup so all those winnings are protected!"

As you can see, Don Draper I am not. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, hornian said:

Hmm. If someone writes copy for me so that it's dynamic based on the last week's result, I would push my partners to do it. 

"Celebrate the Win in Tuscaloosa a little too hard and get someone pregnant? Call hornian for all your child custody, child support, and paternity testing needs!"

or

"Did you take that loss against [insert team we should have mudholed here] too hard, and now your wife is kicking you out? Call hornian to get the divorce process started!"

or

"Did you win big on your bets on the Longhorns and your wedding date is coming up? Call hornian for a prenup so all those winnings are protected!"

"Texas executed the pump and dump beautifully against Alabama, need to do the same? Call hornian for all your child custody, child support, and paternity testing needs!"

"Texas is leaving the Big 12, are you ready for some big D too? Call hornian to get the divorce process started

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hornian said:

or

or

"Texas executed the pump and dump beautifully against Alabama, need to do the same? Call hornian for all your child custody, child support, and paternity testing needs!"

"Texas is leaving the Big 12, are you ready for some big D too? Call hornian to get the divorce process started

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/19/2023 at 8:49 PM, hornian said:

"Did you assault a Big 12 ref after the Tech gave for obvious bad calls?  Call Hornian to bail you out"

• immamac unpinned this topic