How many wins will Texas have this season? (2023 edition)

perfectchaos007

How many wins will Texas have this season?   

265 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will Texas have this season?

• 4 wins or less (nightmare season)
    • 5 wins (same as Sark's first year)
    • 6 wins (bowl eligible)
    • 7 wins (7 win Steve lives up to his namesake)
    • 8 wins (Same as last year)
    • 9 wins (better than last year, but still a letdown)
    • 10 wins (Would be our 2nd 10+ win season since 2009)
    • 11 wins (Best season since 2009. Might sneak into the playoffs)
    • 12+ wins (Texas makes the CFP)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/23 at 07:30 PM

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Aug 28th     Scipio Tex, Babers, Nahlin, Bobby

Ws & Ls Predictions | On Texas Football | 2023 Season | CFP

All 4 ended up with records of 10-2, 1 of losses to bama.

2 said tcu beats UT, Scipio had baylor victory, and 1 picked k-state winning in Austin.  

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

All 4 ended up with records of 10-2, 1 of losses to bama.

2 said tcu beats UT, Scipio had baylor victory, and 1 picked k-state winning in Austin.  

Vibes around here would be rightfully apocalyptic after a 2-2 start and another conference opening L.

51 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Vibes around here would be rightfully apocalyptic after a 2-2 start and another conference opening L.

Yeah, wish Texas did not start conference on the road again...   Aranda's amoeba d-line shit gave us fits last year.

• 2 months later...
Non-believers step up and take your medicine. 

I said 8/9 (think I voted 8?, on mobile), I don’t think the team is that different that what I expected overall. DL is definitely better, secondary worse, and a few specific guys on offense - Brooks, Ewers, Mitchell come to mind - exceeding expectations somewhere between a little and a lot. Otherwise I expected an obviously talented team that struggles with consistency, not unlike its coach.

If I knew the Big 12 would be this bad I’d probably have revised up a game. Mostly looking at you, Texas schools. Definitely did not have Bama as a W, props to the team and staff for that. I remember the typical script playing out - one we’ve seen again the past couple weeks - but then they found a gear and flipped it.

Here’s hoping they continue to find ways to win and prove me more and more wrong. People seem to think doubting Sark or expressing frustration/concern about issues means you want Texas to fail. We’re sitting here posting on a UT football message board, that’s obviously not true. Apathy is the real sign of disinvestment, not being critical.

I had 12+ (counting post season). Feeling decent-ish about that, but the injuries are a real problem. If they don’t get there it will be be because of injuries, imo. This team is a walking mash unit right now at some really key positions. Which has kept us (along with Steve-o) from really exploring our ceiling, which would be fun to see. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 7:39 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

I had 12+ (counting post season). Feeling decent-ish about that, but the injuries are a real problem. If they don’t get there it will be be because of injuries, imo. This team is a walking mash unit right now at some really key positions. Which has kept us (along with Steve-o) from really exploring our ceiling, which would be fun to see. 

And now we got to see our ceiling. And it was fun for sure. 

On 8/5/2023 at 7:49 AM, gmr548 said:

I'm not going to vote until closer to kickoff in case there are any injuries that change my thinking, but I'm settling in at 8 wins for the regular season. You could talk me into 9. That's a little below consensus expectations, and I do get why those are where they are, but Sark's got an established track record of being horrid on the road and blowing leads. I'm also generally on the "Big 12 refs are just incompetent rather than out to get Texas" side but I don't expect Texas will be getting many favorable 4th quarter calls this season.  Between those factors I think Texas drops a couple they shouldn't.

at Bama, Texas can win the game, no doubt, but I am just not buying Sark going on the road and beating Saban. Baylor, TCU, and an ISU team with a defense that have always flustered Sark are all on the road; there's a loss or two in there. OU is always a toss up, Texas should be favored for a reason but you never know. I expect Kansas State and Tech to be quality opponents.

That's seven games where I think Texas is going to have to play/coach reasonably well to get the W and I just don't see any reason to think Sark does any better than 4-3 in such games. Here's hoping this post gets roasted in December when Texas is 11-1.

Well it's not December yet, but roast away :)

• Like 1

Congratulations to the below 31 posters who correctly predicted Texas would win 12+ games and qualify for the college football playoffs. Less then 12% of surly posters shared the same optimism pre-season. You all win well deserved bragging rights for correctly believing THIS team was finally the special team to put us in a position we haven't been in since 2009. 

HornsofBevo

HornsofBevo

cam4mav

cam4mav

Intercourse With Gray

GhostofDanJones

GhostofDanJones

immamac

immamac

Hozz

Starscreacher

Starscreacher