Pop Songs (Possibly Girly) that are Great (When No One's Watching)

dcbc

8 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

This thread should have just been titled UTgrad98's favorite songs. Lets kick this up a notch. And these 4 are only about a third the way down of my music1 youtube folder. Enjoy ladies

King of Wishful Thinking is on point

Had this as a ringtone. Waiting to deplane and my phone rings. 20 something chick sitting next to me gives me a thumbs up and says “I love Mariah Carey”
*sigh*

Sunshine!

Gotdamn she was cute. Ironically their next big hit was a cover that people said was about doing Heroin.

• Hook 'Em 5

I feel like you could pull a song out a hat from those 80's girl bands and it works.  Bangles, Wilson Phillips, Go-Gos, etc.  But I'll highlight this one because 1) it hasn't been mentioned, and 2) it's a song I really enjoy when I THINK no one is watching.

A couple of years ago i was coming home from work and both garage doors were open, which told me the nanny was outside with my boys.  I didn't see them in the yard, so I figured they were walking or riding bikes around the block.  This song was on, and I'll be damned if I'm going to stop it in the middle right before it gets to the best part.  I turn the volume up and am singing like I'm in the finals of a karaoke gameshow on Fox.  Songs ends and I get out of the car.  Nanny is standing in the garage with a shit-eatin' grin on her face.

"Oh, I was just finishing up listening to a song"

"Yea, I know."

"How long you been standing there?"

"Long enough"

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/12/2023 at 6:50 PM, ztejas said:

I'm a Jimmy Eat World fan but they aren't in the same tier as Weezer. C'mon y'all. Weezer is hugely influential and culturally significant in a way that Jimmy is not. 

That said I agree that "the middle" is a WTF submission to this thread. 

Weezer had two great albums, one decent album, and have been shoveling shit at the world for over 20 years at this point.

It's amazing how my view of Pinkerton's greatness changed the minute I got laid for the first time (it's still pretty great, but it's definitely got heavy incel vibes).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Weezer had two great albums, one decent album, and have been shoveling shit at the world for over 20 years at this point.

It's amazing how my view of Pinkerton's greatness changed the minute I got laid for the first time (it's still pretty great, but it's definitely got heavy incel vibes).

A girl touched my penis and just like that I never listened to Reel Big Fish again.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 7:11 PM, Boss Hogg said:

To me, this thread is about songs that, if you were hanging out with buddies, you wouldn't say hey turn that up.

In that spirit, I'll submit a few from my era.

Cardigans may be the winner.

Came to post cardigans when I saw the title

On 8/17/2023 at 3:37 PM, G650 said:

Weezers main contributions to the world the past 20 years are a couple catchy covers.

Since Matt Sharp left its essentially a different band.

Dope Nose was a good song tho

My contribution is the one hit wonder from 4 non blondes, but the meme version, which was deftly woven into the new TMNT movie:

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Shout came up next on the autoplay. 

I had somehow either never heard shout or never linked it to them. I instantly loved it. 

Yeah in 1986 you couldn't miss it if you tried, that shit was errrywhere. That whole album is pretty good, but you can also check out Mad World from their earlier album and Sowing the Seeds of Love from the album following.

• Like 1

194 posts and none of you stupid mother fuckers posted one of the absolute most finest and best voices in the last 30 years?  Go fuck yourselves.

My girl, Gwen Stefani shits over all y'all.  Mother fuckers.

Swear to god, any time this song comes over SirusXM I crank my Burmester speakers full throttle.

My girl got it going on in this one too, you stupid fucks.

4 fucking pages.  God damnit.

• Hook 'Em 1