BS High - Max (HBO)

TexEx15

What a wild story.  It's hard to believe.  2 football games in 3 days is some fucked up shit.  Also it was not in the doc but they played IMG the year before the televised debacle and also got smoked.  I tried to see if any of those players ever made it to D1 and it looks like 2 of them are walk ons at Louisville.

On 9/2/2023 at 8:46 AM, Aqua Buddha said:

Who would have thought that running "religious schools" is wide open for fraud?

BTW, the kids were in on the scam.  Some of them were 22 years old.

I would have viewed these kids with cynicism, kind of like I do many of them whose only vision for a way out is pro sports.  Just because it is so hard for me to put myself in their shoes.  That whole notion seems to be fairly unworthy of credibility.  Even after watching Last Chance U, etc.

But, those kids at the end, maybe they were on the more legit end of things, but the sincerity of their belief that if they just got the opportunity, they would "make it," was pretty disarming.

It's a common thing among poorer, less-educated people that if someone makes it sound good (extra year, exposure, get ACT up) and it kind of jibes with what they've heard other people do, the take it hook, line, and sinker.  Because they just don't know any better.  It's not all that different from how people get sucked into conspiracy theories  . . . sounds plausible and jibes with what I feel and want.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Watched this last night.  What a fucking sociopath.

It's hard to blame the kids and parents who got sucked into his BS.  As others have noted, it can be pretty easy in today's world to sell hope to those who are desperate and looking for any way to get out of their current situation. 

But if anybody else gives this fucker a dime after he's been outed for what he is, then that's all on them.