1st Televised 2023 Football game

msucolt45

No, but it’s a little like some white kid dressing up in buckskin, headdress, and face paint, doing a dance made up by Boy Scouts, and calling it “educational” about Native Americans. Probably not quite that offensive but something like that.
IMG_8686.thumb.jpeg.66df6abc5e834b18a9ae31ac5f9938eb.jpeg
Uhh, I've admittedly met few actual Irish (great grandparents from mom's side came from County Cork if that counts) but the ones I have met have a sense of humor and not the types to fall into a victim mentality. Just to be clear, I also think the Domers mascot is dumb, but offensive? I wouldn't go that far.

good lord there was some dumbass coaching by navy there.  first, they take a timeout ahead of a third and 7 when they were having success running the ball and milking the clock.  then they do the stupid ass "try and get points" thing when it's obvious notre dame is going to score at will.  so now notre dame has the ball back with just under two minutes and has two timeouts.  i'd be shocked if they don't score score again before the half.

It’s like sisters fighting. You don’t want to witness it, but you’re there.

Hook’em!!!

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

It is kinda weird that NBC basically has a team-centric postgame show just like LHN. I get it as they are only carrying ND games but it’s so strange seeing this many network people just focused on this one team and overall fairly spare game.

NBC...  NotreDame Broadcasting Company

• Like 1

4 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

ND is about to KO vs Navy. Can’t find a way to root for ND and I served over 6 years in the Army.

Go Army, Beat Navy!

Hook’em!!!

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Go Navy, Fuck ND.

I 100% agree with these sentiments. I'll root for OU before I root for Notre Dame.

That said, given that the outcome of today's game was more or less expected... it is kinda super cool that they're playing in Dublin. If you're gonna lose to the Irish, lose in Ireland.

Meanwhile, at least our C-USA matchup right now is... competitive. I guess. Maybe.

• Like 1