NFL game 1 - Lions @ Chiefs

Wally Fairway

7 hours ago, choripan said:

Lions are only gonna improve. They're said to be the second youngest team in the league and many of their stars are still on rookie contracts.

And how often does a team have its top 4 rookies flash like these did in their first game? On the road? Against the champs?!? Branch will get better. Gibbs will get better. Campbell and LaPorta will get better. They'll get Jamison Williams back.

Good win even without Kelce/Jones.

This is the crazy part. Contributions from the top 4 picks in the first game of the season. After most people ripped the draft and said wtf were the lions thinking. If they would have drafted the opposite way I think everyone would have said they had a good draft. (Branch, Laporta, Campbell/Gibbs)

Glad to see the lions finally get in a tough close game and then not choke it away lions style. 

7 hours ago, choripan said:

Rumor around these parts is Isaiah Buggs (Solid but not spectacular Lions DT) and a 1st for Chris Jones, but that it would not go thru before the game, for obvious reasons.

I have heard so many crazy rumors the past week. The buggs for jones one is a little more believable than the one where the lions are going to get Aaron Donald at the deadline as the Rams rebuild again. 

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Wouldn’t shock me.  Feels like rams want to start over

agreed on the rams part. My only wonder is why would Donald want to relocate. He has made like $200 Mil instead of relocate to a new city to finish it out I would just hang em up. I hope the lions wouldn't give up a first rounder for a half season rental and that he would agree to stay on for at least 2 more years.

I love my city, but I would rather be rich in LA than Rich in Metro Detroit. 99/100 times. Can't even use the lakes during football season. 

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Rams are so lucky they won the SB. F them picks is a dipshitted way to run a team.

Truly a trade that worked out for both teams. The rams got their ring, and the lions got a replacement quarterback and turned 2 draft picks into 4 players, 3 of who are contributors. 

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, Juicy said:

agreed on the rams part. My only wonder is why would Donald want to relocate. He has made like $200 Mil instead of relocate to a new city to finish it out I would just hang em up. I hope the lions wouldn't give up a first rounder for a half season rental and that he would agree to stay on for at least 2 more years.

I love my city, but I would rather be rich in LA than Rich in Metro Detroit. 99/100 times. Can't even use the lakes during football season. 

May want another ring?  He can keep his house out here

11 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

I was a fan of Dan Campbell from last season’s Hard Knocks.

Good on him and the Lions!

Hook’em!!!

That was a gutsy call  on the 4th down conversion in the 1stQ.  Made a huge statement to his team, both offensively and defensively about his belief/ expectations for the season.

5 hours ago, Juicy said:

This is the crazy part. Contributions from the top 4 picks in the first game of the season. After most people ripped the draft and said wtf were the lions thinking. If they would have drafted the opposite way I think everyone would have said they had a good draft. (Branch, Laporta, Campbell/Gibbs)

Glad to see the lions finally get in a tough close game and then not choke it away lions style. 

Detroit has had great drafts recently. Jack Campbell looks like a future All Pro and Gibbs might be too. I am jealous as a Texan fan but happy for Lions fans. I feel a certain affinity for Lions, Browns and Jags fans. The community of historically sucky football teams.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Detroit has had great drafts recently. Jack Campbell looks like a future All Pro and Gibbs might be too. I am jealous as a Texan fan but happy for Lions fans. I feel a certain affinity for Lions, Browns and Jags fans. The community of historically sucky football teams.

Yeah once their young core got their feet under themselves last year they were a good team. They started 1-6 but were 8-2 in the last 10 games, just barely missing the playoffs.  Should also note that 5 of their 8 losses were by 4 points or less.

Even with Kelce out and Chiefs WRs having the dropsies, it's still impressive to go in and win in KC.

They are a good team and will likely be in the playoffs this year barring a bunch of injuries.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yea gotta feel for dude. He was injured in the offseason and missed a lot of camp. Supposedly worked really hard to be ready for opening day. Then he does....that.

And also, his punt return was one of the biggest plays in the super bowl last year. How quickly the fans forget.

Edited by Pam Cummings