2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

She sent us a Christmas card. Now we have only been playing baseball for them for 4 months. But to take time to include our family, is pretty awesome of them. How she has time for everything I'll never know.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

She sent us a Christmas card. Now we have only been playing baseball for them for 4 months. But to take time to include our family, is pretty awesome of them. How she has time for everything I'll never know.

Just so I’m clear, Lil Shep knows Julia and Hannah McNair? I used to think I wanted his life for the cool Astros stuff he does. Now think I want his life for the women he’s surrounded by.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

50 minutes ago, Fud said:

Indy opened at -1.5 at Circa, but it's now flipped to Houston -1

Also, Cincy opened at -2, and it' now -7

Weird - as of an hour ago it looks like NB, Woods and Greenard are definitely out. 

Considering the injuries and the state of the team coming into this year, it’s remarkable we are in this position. If Stroud has a big game to win what is essentially a playoff game with Xavier Hutchinson and Metchie being his top receivers…😮‍💨

Dalton Schultz needs to have a big night. As do Jerry Hughes and Barnett. 

I’ve been down on Caserio and the whole franchise, but the combination of FA signings and the draft so far this year has been nothing short of remarkable. Obviously Stroud and Anderson, but also Dell, Rankins, Collins, Cashman, Ward, Schultz and some others have been great moves. Maybe he got lucky with Stroud, but I 100% think Anderson was worth the draft capital to move up - much bigger gamble on later picks (see K. Green, K. Johnson etc.) and he is a game changer and clear locker room leader as a rookie. The culture has done a 180. 

Regarding Hannah - I think she and Cal finally were able to get Janice to relent and get rid of the Baptist Church of Texan Day Saints. Easterby played to her extremely conservative and religious views and had her wrapped around his finger, at the expense of having a functional football franchise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

If Stroud has a big game to win what is essentially a playoff game with Xavier Hutchinson and Metchie being his top receivers…😮‍💨

Well, Collins is better than those two 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

Regarding Hannah - I think she and Cal finally were able to get Janice to relent and get rid of the Baptist Church of Texan Day Saints. Easterby played to her extremely conservative and religious views and had her wrapped around his finger, at the expense of having a functional football franchise. 

Hannah and her bad ass sister, twin Joanna have both helped clear (literally) out much from Kirby.   It was filled with back stabbers and leeches. 

Edited by TexasGolf

22 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

yep, they are special and do so much for others that goes under the radar and don't seek the credit.    As Bob McNair used to say, "you can't go wrong by doing what right" and Cal tries to live by that principle. 

• Like 1

Hannah and her bad ass sister, twin Joanna have both helped clear (literally) out much from Kirby.   It was filled with back stabbers and leeches. 

Wait….there are 2 of her????
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

I like where we are with the WR/TE for next year. Collins and Dell are on rookie deals. Schultz needs to be resigned, and Brevin Jordan is starting to play well. Brown is ok as the 4th or 5th guy, but we don't need to break the bank to resign him. We definitely need to draft another WR in the 1st 2 rounds to go with Collins and Dell. I also like Hutchinson, but he may take a few years to fully develop. I wouldn't mind the Texans signing Lil'jordan in the off-season to replace Metchie and Woods.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

She has a bunch of sisters.  One of my buddies used to date one of them.  

we are also somehow on her Christmas card list.  It must be massive if I’m on it.  

11 sisters and 3 brothers. All amazing. 

ESPN thinks we will beat the Colts easily on Saturday behind our rush defense and big plays in the passing game. It would be nice for the Titans to do us a favor so we can host that playoff game. Either way, Hannah, Demeco, and CJ have saved this franchise.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Honest opinion.

Thoughts on the game Saturday?  I’m not as optimistic as ESPN.  I don’t know, maybe if it was a home game.

Colts have actually been outscored on the season. They have been lucky with TOs. Stroud and Collins had a huge day against them in Week 2, but the Colts also had 6 sacks. After spotting them 14 early points, we outscored them 20-17 the rest of the way. If we stop their running game, I think our chances of winning are very good. This is the most excited I have been for a game since we went up 24-0 on KC before it all went to shit.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Honest opinion.

Thoughts on the game Saturday?  I’m not as optimistic as ESPN.  I don’t know, maybe if it was a home game.

We’re Houston sports fans… how can we ever be optimistic?!

Edited by YChang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rip76 said:

Honest opinion.

Same here. So far, the 2023 Texans have exceeded expectations overall, but they have not looked great in a couple of games they were supposed to win, e.g. NYJ and Car. I'm concerned they may not quite have the mentality to go on the road and win a must-win game that they are slightly favored in. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

It would be nice for the Titans to do us a favor so we can host that playoff game.

Tannehill announced as the starter for the Titians this week. Not sure if that helps or hurts their chances as I don't think Levis is anything special. 

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Steichen has done a great job this year in Indy. Feels like a toss-up game to me. 

This is where I am. If we win the turnover, sack, and penalty battles we’ll win the game. No matter what, great experience for the young guys and the coaching staff. We’re playing with house money - fuck it, let your nuts hang!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Anything that happens going into this game is gravy. I never expected them to be where they are, especially after all of the injuries. CJ, DeMeco and Hannah have this heading in the right direction and it’s going to be fun to watch!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3