2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

We’re going to be the talk of the NFL all this week on all of the shows on ESPN and social media. Browns are a legit Super Bowl contender and we throttled them.

Probably.  Media darling to me means constant, overbearing coverage and over a long period of time no matter what happens.   Like KC, Brady, Dallas, Bama, Yanquis, etc.   

Texans will be viewed, for now at least, as a cute novelty.   Heck, most national media doesn’t know where Houston is on a map.  

Your mileage may vary.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Complete culture change. Getting rid of all that bad auro has done wonders. Putting the right people in charge.

Last game at NRG I went to was 4 years ago —- the Buffalo playoff game. Night and day difference in just the game presentation. They used to annoy the fuck out of me with the corny bits they’d do and overly-commercialized breaks with sponsors. The halftime show with Paul Wall, Slim Thug, etc was badass. They’ve finally listened to their fans and giving us a product we can be proud of. I was conflicted about winning that Buffalo playoff game because I hated BOB and Easterby so much. Think about that you’re so torn about your team and the assholes who were in charge you’re conflicted about WINNING A PLAYOFF GAME. THANK YOU HANNAH and CAL. Getting rid of Rasputin and the most hated figure in Houston sports other than Bud Adams allowed us to heal and are able to experience the pure joy of today. Thank God I’m alive to have been able to experience this!.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Last game at NRG I went to was 4 years ago —- the Buffalo playoff game. Night and day difference in just the game presentation. They used to annoy the fuck out of me with the corny bits they’d do and overly-commercialized breaks with sponsors. The halftime show with Paul Wall, Slim Thug, etc was badass. They’ve finally listened to their fans and giving us a product we can be proud of. I was conflicted about winning that Buffalo playoff game because I hated BOB and Easterby so much. Think about that you’re so torn about your team and the assholes who were in charge you’re conflicted about WINNING A PLAYOFF GAME. THANK YOU HANNAH and CAL. Getting rid of Rasputin and the most hated figure in Houston sports other than Bud Adams allowed us to heal and are able to experience the pure joy of today. Thank God I’m alive to have been able to experience this!.

Rasputin.  Awesome.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I am all-in on this team.  Future is seriously bright for these guys.

Yep

Stroud is likeable, Ryans is a great guy too. 

These recievers are bad ass with Nico playing so well they have Woods, him, Metche and Hutchinson and Schultz. 

Then the 2nd TE goes for 76 yards Jordan. 

Hope they stay healthy 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

So Chris Simms lost a bet right? Jesus. He looks like he visited a Dominican barbershop in the Bronx. 

He’s from Jersey.  What do you expect?  The George Custer cut with the beard and mustache?

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The cherry on top is that this Cleveland loss will really help our 1st round pick this year. Should be in the low 20s. The win for the Texans makes the trade to get WAJ even better. 

The worst our pick from Cleveland can be now is #24; if Dallas and/or Detroit lose, is would get that many picks better. We will have no lower than #25, so ultimately giving Arizona our #1 instead of Cleveland’s in the draft-day trade to pick Will Anderson ended up being the right move…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Cleveland has arguably the best defense in  the league, yet Stroud was playing in the backyard.  And this is with a roster that hasn't even been curated yet with a franchise QB. 

What a fun game. Let's go fuck up the next opponent. 

Lovie Smith has earned a muffin basket

• Like 3

This was the kind of game that many years ago I would have watch Headline News highlights at 20 after and 10 till each hour. Then I would have watched CNN Sports tonight with Nick and Fred before finally watching Keith and Dan for Sportscenter! Then I would have watched Inside the NFL during the week just enjoying the highlights over and over!

• Like 6