Colorado vs Colorado State - ABC

Pancho

I’m biased. I’m a Gator. But I’ve always thought of Deion as being incredibly other worldly talented - with his interests being the only interests that he cares about.  For instance, FSU implemented the Deion Sanders rule (after the bowl game) because during the entirety of the last fall semester that Sanders was at FSU, he did not attend one-fucking-day-of-class. Now, to be fair, that is just as much on hypocrite Bobby Bowden as it is on him, but it does show that Sanders did not give a shit if his actions harmed all of his teammates who were actually attending class and following NCAA rule - if the cowardly NCAA would pick that moment to make an example of that type of behavior - or if he would be banned from the bowl game. Politically, it was maybe a safer bet that Bowden would be protected. FSU, like Baylor, does not care if you’re a rapist, so they would not have much of a problem with someone not going to class. Ever.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

For instance, FSU implemented the Deion Sanders rule (after the bowl game) because during the entirety of the last fall semester that Sanders was at FSU, he did not attend one-fucking-day-of-class.

A D1 college player who didn't care about getting his degree? Didn't he understand that the FSU athletic department cared more about his education than wins and generating revenue? That is shocking and undermines a really reputable system! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Sanders is all about Sanders. I think these two tweets are the essence of his personality. Coach  Prime said he was not a Nole, as he finally graduated from Talladega college. Kanell talked about the dis of the University they both played for, and Sanders replies that his jersey was retired and he was a dogg, obviously implying Kanell was shit and had no right to talk. Actually, he said Kanell had no right to talk because he wasn’t a grown-up.  
If you tell me you would be fine with a Horn whose jersey was honored and retired and hanging at DKR saying he was not a Longhorn, then I must be old senile school.  

I look at things a little differently. If I got snubbed for the job at my Alma Mater I might be a little pissed off too. This isn't a new thing, just one of the highest profile people to do it. There have always been guys taking shots at their old college when they got a chance. If you remember a lot of guys would never say what college they went to when they did the Sunday night football lineups, they would instead say their high school.

All Prime is doing is recreating the USC experience under Pete Carroll. He understands what kids want and how to get kids interested and its working. Stadium is packed. Stars on the sideline. Lil Wayne doing the intro. Our dumb asses up til 2am watching a CU vs CSU game. What 18 yr old doesn't want to play in that environment. The crazy part is there is still no real pressure to win because they only won one game last yr. Sure, everyone is now moving the goalposts with every win, but all he needs to do is get bowl eligible. It's genius and I can appreciate what he is trying to do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

I look at things a little differently. If I got snubbed for the job at my Alma Mater I might be a little pissed off too. This isn't a new thing, just one of the highest profile people to do it. There have always been guys taking shots at their old college when they got a chance. If you remember a lot of guys would never say what college they went to when they did the Sunday night football lineups, they would instead say their high school.
 All Prime is doing is recreating the USC experience under Pete Carroll. He understands what kids want and how to get kids interested and its working. Stadium is packed. Stars on the sideline. Lil Wayne doing the intro. Our dumb asses up til 2am watching a CU vs CSU game. What 18 yr old doesn't want to play in that environment. The crazy part is there is still no real pressure to win because they only won one game last yr. Sure, everyone is now moving the goalposts with every win, but all he needs to do is get bowl eligible. It's genius and I can appreciate what he is trying to do.

IMO opinion, Prime got “snubbed” from the FSU job that Norvell got was because he didn’t have any experience as HC at the collegiate level. Once he went to JSU and got a couple years under his belt, things changed. Now that Norvell has a Top 5 team at FSU, how do you tell him to hit the road? Is it because they might lose the National Championship? I don’t think so!

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Since the distinction between not graduating and not actually attending the university you are playing for escapes you, I’ll just agree to disagree.

So much fraud involved w big-time athletics. So many of the "student athletes" have nothing whatsoever to do with education and are really employees.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

IMO opinion, Prime got “snubbed” from the FSU job that Norvell got was because he didn’t have any experience as HC at the collegiate level. Once he went to JSU and got a couple years under his belt, things changed. Now that Norvell has a Top 5 team at FSU, how do you tell him to hit the road? Is it because they might lose the National Championship? I don’t think so!

Hook’em!!!

I agree but that's not how he feels about it. You do a lot for the U and then when you need something from them the door slams in your face. Unless you are VY.

26 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I agree but that's not how he feels about it. You do a lot for the U and then when you need something from them the door slams in your face. Unless you are VY.

How many other major programs have hired a former player as the head coach with no prior experience as a coach?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, txhorns said:

How many other major programs have hired a former player as the head coach with no prior experience as a coach?

I don't know why you guys are trying to reason with me. Try reasoning with Sanders. He is the one who applied for the job and didn't get it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Not just Prime, other players too, but honestly he highlights what I hated about the NFL when I quit watching. He’s literally the poster boy for who I dislike. I don’t care if you agree. I have the same right to dislike him as you do to like him.

Specifically, who else? Why are you not answering this question?

What's weird is that Chewbacca, a CU guy I guess (?), would come on a Texas board's thread about the CU game and complain about or be surprised by what Texas fans say about CU. I was just reading about the game & saw him getting all pissy about any Texas fan posting anything he didn't like about CU ... on a Texas board. He was the one interrjecting the stupid shit about the Texas game "in a thread that has shit all to do with Texas or anyone we play". That's the point. 
So Texas fans can't call it like they see it about CU in this thread? Good to know. Sorry. I thought I was on the Surl, not BuffFanCircleJerk.com. And re: my bedtime, look at my posting history. I'm up past 'bedtime' all the fucking time.

I was lured here by @THUJONE and his magnificent MS Paints. I stayed for the non football talk. But yeah, you coming in a thread about CU saying how you don't care about CU is funny, for sure. Feel free to ignore some threads.
  • Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

It was an entertaining game worth staying up for that Jay Norvell lost in the end by making cowardly decisions and allowing his DC to double down on those cowardly decisions by employing a cowardly defensive scheme that was antithetical to what they had done for the first 58 minutes of the game.

It’s as if we experienced this phenomenon before……

• Rage+1 1

Hey, some of us actually
1. like Colorado State, and
2. hate Colorado and their five down bullshit title cheating motherfuckin asses.
Doesn't matter who the coach is, unless said coach is a sipshit former sooner who chokes away the game with some wussy ass game management and play calls
Keep up the hate! I love it. And fuck CSU and their dirty play.
  • Hook 'Em 1

All that would be valid if Chewy hadn't been here already for years to the tune of 5k posts. What makes this board great is it has drawn fans/alum from all over. [mention=2817]aggie08[/mention] is a solid poster. [mention=1357]Sbbruin[/mention] is too. We have people from everywhere and it keeps the conversation interesting. Its not just a Longhorn echo chamber.  
@wood doesn't like my F1 takes.

33 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

No issue with saying he’s playing bad ass, that he and Brady are a thing, I just think I’d say too Brady is my guy and he inspires me, I thought man I’m gonna go Brady mode and damn we did it.  “If he can do it I can too” is amazing and full tilt crazy at the same time.  It’s fine if the finer point of sanders using words that mean he’s better than Brady don’t make anyone else laugh, but the professional wordsmith in me finds it amusing even though sanders is a college star.

26 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Specifically, who else? Why are you not answering this question?

I get it, you want me to name a few other black players so you can jump up and say, "gotcha, you fucking racist!", despite the fact that my favorite NFL players at the time were Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, and Reggie White.  Also, despite the fact that Charlie Strong was my #1 pick to take over for Mack Brown, once the Saban dream died, and I supported his ass much longer than I should have, since he absolutely sucked as a head coach. The pattern with me is prejudice against personality types, not skin color. Like I stated in my original post, if you feel certain personality types embody a race, that's a you problem. 

Evidently, your simple mind sees everything in black and white, but mine doesn't.

No issue with saying he’s playing bad ass, that he and Brady are a thing, I just think I’d say too Brady is my guy and he inspires me, I thought man I’m gonna go Brady mode and damn we did it.  “If he can do it I can too” is amazing and full tilt crazy at the same time.  It’s fine if the finer point of sanders using words that mean he’s better than Brady don’t make anyone else laugh, but the professional wordsmith in me finds it amusing even though sanders is a college star.
Gotta believe in yourself.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
30 minutes ago, troph said:

Gotta believe in yourself.

Consider me a fan.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

@wood doesn't like my F1 takes.

Nah, this has nothing to do with your shitty F1 takes (but you've defiinitely made some improvement there). It has everything to do with you not being able to handle Texas fans calling it like they see it about your team.

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I was lured here by @THUJONE and his magnificent MS Paints. I stayed for the non football talk. But yeah, you coming in a thread about CU saying how you don't care about CU is funny, for sure. Feel free to ignore some threads.

Glad you're here to enjoy the greatness that is @THUJONE. Seriously. It's the best board on the web. Just don't be surprised or get butthurt when you hear things you don't wanna hear about your team, regardless of how Texas did that week. Many of the people saying CU had a bad game were also saying Texas had a bad game. Commenting on CU's bad game doesn't make anyone a hypocrite just because they're not CU fans. I don't care much about CU since we don't play 'em anymore. Why would I? But that doesn't matter anyway. It was an entertaining game & I don't need a vested interest in who wins or loses to enjoy a good game.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Thatguy said:

All that would be valid if Chewy hadn't been here already for years to the tune of 5k posts. What makes this board great is it has drawn fans/alum from all over. @aggie08 is a solid poster. @Sbbruin is too. We have people from everywhere and it keeps the conversation interesting. Its not just a Longhorn echo chamber.  

Uh, yeah. I've been here since the beginning and am well acquainted with those guys and others from other schools. They're good posters and of course they're welcome here. I'm not saying Chewbacca isn't welcome here. Never have. Can you read? It's valid either way. He's been here long enough to know how much sense it makes to say "Yeah but your game sucked too, so you can't talk about this game". Doesn't work that way. It's not a Longhorn echo chamber, which is one of the things that makes it great. That also doesn't preclude any fan of any school from commenting about any game, including Texas fans. We're all cfb fans here & we don't need to limit our comments to just Texas game threads.

If you tell me you would be fine with a Horn whose jersey was honored and retired and hanging at DKR saying he was not a Longhorn, then I must be old senile school.  

as a person who considers himself fairly rational, i’d like to better understand why a former player would be saying that. and I’d be up there pen and paper in hand if that former player is arguably the greatest athlete we’ve ever seen (only other two that are even in the conversation are MJ and Barry as I think playing in two American pro-leagues while completely and utterly dominating one of the two is a prerequisite). would be willing to include Ohtani on the basis of leading a pro-baseball team in HRs and ERA. maybe Steph Curry cause he has 4 rings, is the best 3 pt shooter ever and can go out and shoot a 72 from the tips is also absurd.
but I think he’s even further separated himself from these GOATs because he decided to get into coaching young men at the collegiate level on 8 toes! 8 fucking toes! literally sacrificed his body for his team!
Fundamentally though, I think it’s a bit whack when people claim they’re Longhorns w/o actually graduating from the school. I’m a fan of the Buffs, but wouldn’t ever claim to be a Buff. reverse applies too so Deion IMO is not a Nole. FSU fans publicly dying on this hill is just dumb as hell.
view from the cheap seats - Deion just needs four to six, 300 to 320 lb 6’2 to 6’6 corn fed IA/LA/TX mfs (maybe a dreadhead or two from Central FL that can cover sideline to sideline) and I think he finds that easily this off-season.

also, anyone else who compares Sanders (a mf first team NFL HOFer and is on track to be the 5th person to be inducted into the CFB HOF as both a player and coach) to either aggy (50,000 ppl with delusions of grandeur) and Baker (a journeymen QB playing on his 4th team in 4 years and will most likely never start an NFL SB game) will be reported to the proper authorities.
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, animaltobacco11 said:

Chewbacca being a CU alum/fan makes his posts make more sense, now.

He posts in almost everything Colorado related in the food/ travel board, and has for a long time.  His CU loyalty has been consistent from the jump.

20 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I get it, you want me to name a few other black players so you can jump up and say, "gotcha, you fucking racist!", despite the fact that my favorite NFL players at the time were Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, and Reggie White.  Also, despite the fact that Charlie Strong was my #1 pick to take over for Mack Brown, once the Saban dream died, and I supported his ass much longer than I should have, since he absolutely sucked as a head coach. The pattern with me is prejudice against personality types, not skin color. Like I stated in my original post, if you feel certain personality types embody a race, that's a you problem. 

Evidently, your simple mind sees everything in black and white, but mine doesn't.

Nah, bro. He is asking so he can see how you answer. It seems you like the "walk back to the huddle and do your job" kind of guys. No mention of anyone who has a big personality.

14 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Nah, bro. He is asking so he can see how you answer. It seems you like the "walk back to the huddle and do your job" kind of guys. No mention of anyone who has a big personality.

Bullshit, don’t be that guy.

All of this was made clear in my original comment, almost word for word. He was fishing.

21 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

No, my mind does not, but you do you. I wasn’t looking for you to name Black players who were you favorites rather I was looking at who else you specifically despised in the NFL that caused you to stop watching besides Deion. You never answered that question. 

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

No, my mind does not, but you do you. I wasn’t looking for you to name Black players who were you favorites rather I was looking at who else you specifically despised in the NFL that caused you to stop watching besides Deion. You never answered that question. 

I specifically despise Jerry Jones but I can’t stop watching the Cowboys 😡😡😡😡

• Hook 'Em 1

We do look at things differently, and it’s no biggie. I see a massive distinction between a player whose jersey is retired and is an FSU Hall of Fame legend dissing their school, than some disgruntled player choosing to name their high school in an NFL introduction.
I also disagree that it is marginally appropriate for a player at a university - no matter how talented - to essentially demand they be named the head coach, given a somewhat meager coaching résumé.   
I do think that Prime and his son’s egos will be tolerated as long as the shine is on the new Colorado success. And in no way am I underestimating the remarkably good turnaround job that is going on.  But after watching college football for 50 years, I am absolutely positive that it is not only success (which you have to have - duh) and how it is handled that winds up being the most important thing in the coaching relationship. It is also very much how coach and players responds to setbacks and failure. The response to bad pressers can crater a coach’s career as much as a bad season or two. Just my opinion,  but I do not think this will end well.
Like I say, I recognize my bias.  But Prime has never taken any sort of criticism well.  And if you are a football coach at a major program, you will be criticized. How you handle that inevitable criticism is one of the most important factors in a long-term coaching relationship.  We will see. 

On 9/17/2023 at 8:32 PM, TreatyOak said:

So much fraud involved w big-time athletics. So many of the "student athletes" have nothing whatsoever to do with education and are really employees.  

The sport of college football  is fantastic. The business of college football has been a grimy little pimp for over half a century, at a minimum.

The TV networks, bagmen, FedEx envelopes, and tractors at the door should have told you.

Deion is in the briar patch.  Can't blame him for working in his comfort zone, IMHO.

Colorado's double-overtime victory against Colorado State, which ended in the early hours of Sunday in most of the country, drew 9.3 million viewers to make it the most-watched late-night college football game ever on ESPN.

Coach Deion Sanders' Colorado team did not kick off until after 10 p.m. ET and did not secure the victory until about 2:30 a.m.

Still, it was ESPN's fifth-most-watched regular-season game ever on the network for any time slot. That broadcast window for ESPN college football averaged about 1.7 million viewers last year.

It also was the most-streamed regular-season college football game of all time for ESPN.

No. 19 Colorado's first two games under Sanders were carried by Fox, with both slotted into the network's Big Noon game. The Buffaloes' victories over TCU and Nebraskaaveraged about 8 million viewers for Fox.

Colorado faces No. 10 Oregon on Saturday in a game scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on ABC.