Week 6 2023 score prediction: Red River Shootout

Wulaw Horn

I am worried Sanders won't play.
If he doesn't, we should go to 4 (& some 5) WR sets with Cook & Neyor. I don't think we will.
I am worried Sark does too many predictable runs up the gut and too many passes to stationary receivers behind the LOS. I am worried our attempts to go deep will miss. I am worried our red zone problems scoring TDs and Field Goal problems continue. 
Will our D continue to play with intensity if our O struggles? I don't know. 
I think we are set up for a stumble. 
meth 38
Texas 24

Shut the fuck up. If this happens, I’m negging you to Bolivia. If it doesn’t happen, I’m still negging you to Bolivia.
  • Hook 'Em 4

21 hours ago, Josef Pwag said:

If he doesn't, we should go to 4 (& some 5) WR sets with Cook & Neyor. I don't think we will.

I am worried Sark does too many predictable runs up the gut and too many passes to stationary receivers behind the LOS. I am worried our attempts to go deep will miss. I am worried our red zone problems scoring TDs and Field Goal problems continue. 

meth 38

Texas 24

What Why GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

it would help to know if Sanders is playing or not.  My neighbor and I coined the this "The year of Sanders" - referencing Deion, his family, and our Sanders.  

We're not winning by 31.  We're not winning by 21....We're winning by 8.  Don't know how that came to me but it did. 

Everybody is going high so I will go low.  Texas 24 to OU 16. 

Texas rushing yards 222. 

Lots of turnovers in this game, as usual.  A more fun tie-breaker would be number of turnovers for both teams combined. 

4 minutes ago, CosmoDog said:

Horns 31

OU 17

275 yds

From the little I saw of OU-IowaSt, gooners have no rush defense

Must have been quite a little. They gashed us a few times early on some bad fits, but from 9:10 left in the 2nd quarter til the end of the game they had 18 carries for 38 yards for 2.1/carry.

Everybody is going high so I will go low.

I kind of see it that way too. Texas is already prone to some slow starts, hasn’t played an 11am kick yet this year, and I think Venables’s only real option on defense is to bring pressure frequently. He will do so in ways Texas hasn’t seen early on which could confuse the OL. Conversely, I like the Texas defense in this matchup. They don’t have to commit a bunch of resources to defending the run. They will get interior pressure and make Gabriel uncomfortable.

I am thinking it’s a bit of a rock fight. OU hits a few throws over the top but Texas is too much on the LOS over four quarters.

Texas: 24

Worthless Fucking Meth Heads: 20

Texas rushing yards: 158

On 10/4/2023 at 12:06 PM, Josef Pwag said:

meth 38

Texas 24

I am revising my guestimate now that we know Sanders is playing.

meth 28

Texas 41

6 hours ago, CosmoDog said:

Horns 31

OU 17

275 yds

From the little I saw of OU-IowaSt, gooners have no rush defense

It's hard to figure out...

Iowa State average rushing 96.6 yards yet vs BlowU 150
Cincinnati average rushing 220.2 yards yet vs BlowU 141

So they gave up +60 yards to ISU and -80 yards to UC

19 minutes ago, Constant said:

You think Sanders playing is a 27 point difference from your first guess?

I do. Here is why.....I was scared of how we would adapt out game plan without the huge mismatch that Sanders provides. I thought we would become too predictable, too many runs up the gut, too many behind the LOS passes to stationary receivers. I thought it would start a spiral of errors and inefficiency. 

I feel guite confident with a healthy Sanders on the field. 

3 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I do. Here is why.....I was scared of how we would adapt out game plan without the huge mismatch that Sanders provides. I thought we would become too predictable, too many runs up the gut, too many behind the LOS passes to stationary receivers. I thought it would start a spiral of errors and inefficiency. 

I feel guite confident with a healthy Sanders on the field. 

The Ewers to Sanders connection was on point at last years RRS. I assume Venables will try to have him covered, but that just opens the door up for Worthy/Mitchell/Whittington. Having a stud TE with 3 stud WRs on the field is such an advantage for us. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/4/2023 at 11:06 AM, Josef Pwag said:

meth 38

Texas 24

Sanders is said to be good to go. 

Also: “Sark is the best play caller I’ve ever faced. He hardly had any tendencies going in, and if he did, he broke them during our game. He really keeps you off balance. They have a great change to make a deep run.”

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Constant said:

Must have been quite a little. They gashed us a few times early on some bad fits, but from 9:10 left in the 2nd quarter til the end of the game they had 18 carries for 38 yards for 2.1/carry.

Constant, I’m curious. Seems you’ve been around for quite a while. Hornsfans maybe? From what I recall you’ve always been a welcomed contributor. May you live long and be prosperous, and may your beloved Sooners get manhandled Saturday. Amen. 

8 minutes ago, IBuryPaul said:

Constant, I’m curious. Seems you’ve been around for quite a while. Hornsfans maybe? From what I recall you’ve always been a welcomed contributor. May you live long and be prosperous, and may your beloved Sooners get manhandled Saturday. Amen. 

I go back to 2008 and what I believe was the original shag. Hard to remember. I’ve been through a couple of iterations of handles and I pick my places to poke the ribs. I don’t expect to win Saturday, but this team is headed in the right direction and I do expect that to show. 

• Hook 'Em 2