2024 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is great for X and AD because while they both probably worked their way into the first round J-Whitt may have worked his way to not being drafted!!

hopefully he is healed and ready for pro day 

I think X just worked his way into the 1st round. 

YALL know how many WR have been taking just for running fast 40’s?? 

John

Marquis Brown

Tay Flowers ( he was actually pretty good) 

just to name a few! I see X getting snatched early 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I think X just worked his way into the 1st round. 

Worthy was never not going 1st round were you dropped on the head as a child. 

Also I started a thread for his run if y'all want to take the X convo over there.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Worthy was never not going 1st round were you dropped on the head as a child. 

Also I started a thread for his run if y'all want to take the X convo over there.

Nah but I pay attention to the Mocks and a lot had X outside the first. 

Im just the messenger 

Gwen Stefani Singing GIF by The Voice

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, ztejas said:

Okay but you watched Texas this season, right?

Of course we know X has top 10 talent and speed was never a question but we’re also not the ones in the draft room

• Hook 'Em 1

AD's talent was always obvious. his two knocks are his focus erring at times, and his occasional atrocious blocking. Being WR4 on the board might be beneficial to him, as it betters his chance of landing in a better organization

9 minutes ago, naija said:

AD's talent was always obvious. his two knocks are his focus erring at times, and his occasional atrocious blocking. Being WR4 on the board might be beneficial to him, as it betters his chance of landing in a better organization

AD's tendency to ball the fuck out when it matters most is way more important than anything you said.

• Hook 'Em 5

23 minutes ago, naija said:

what a combine for our guys on both sides. kinda makes me think some big time growing pains are in store next year for us. 

Can’t say that thought hasn’t crossed my mind since departures became official, but if so, I would bet on them being more on the defensive side of the ball

7 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Can’t say that thought hasn’t crossed my mind since departures became official, but if so, I would bet on them being more on the defensive side of the ball

agreed. WR corps is young, but loaded. Baxter should take a jump next year. Best OL didn't go anywhere. QB will have talent + experience. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, horngrad03 said:

Come to Texas. We'll teach you how to be fast.

Only half joking.  What really matters more is putting guys in the NFL, and I suspect this will be our best draft since 2010, and maybe 2007.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, statsman said:

Texas is joining tOSU, Bama and UGA as having the nation’s best rosters. 

Joining?  We have a better roster than anyone outside UGA and they scared, listen to Kirby’s comments.  What school right now has two 5 star #1 QBs?  Texas has perhaps 4-5 NFL high right players on the OL right now not to mention a lot of skill talent.  Defense may take a step back but the roster  isn’t lacking for talent.

Sark has always been an elite recruiter and with NIL to our advantage, we may be the most dangerous program in the future.  Not being in the SEC and not playing the bag game hurt Texas more than anything else.  Those two issues are resolved and we have a hungry coach that has learned from maybe the 2 best college coaches of all time.  Our decade of suffering has come to an end my friends.  Enjoy these next few years.

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Defense may take a step back but the roster  isn’t lacking for talent.

We'll still be really solid IMO.  PK gets some flack on here some, but I don't see many around I'd take over him.  Jay Bateman at aggy?  Whoever the hell OU just hired?  We are one solid spring DT portal from being really good again.  Sark is going to bring in another loaded 25' class.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

Who'd a thought we had the two fastest receivers in the draft.

Was it Gerry that said we may be faster this year because of AD being replaced with speed. I guess AD looked slow next to X.

14 minutes ago, naija said:

guess JJ McCarthy's arm is a bit stronger than widely believed.

I watched a lot of him while he was at Michigan. He would routinely throw absolute missiles at blanketed receivers 8 yards away from him. Tons of incompletions but would rarely get picked off because he threw it too hard for anyone to catch. He’s also pretty damn fast when he runs. He’s a great athlete with good measurable so he’ll get taken early, don’t know that he has the other tools needed to be a great QB.

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I watched a lot of him while he was at Michigan. He would routinely throw absolute missiles at blanketed receivers 8 yards away from him. Tons of incompletions but would rarely get picked off because he threw it too hard for anyone to catch. He’s also pretty damn fast when he runs. He’s a great athlete with good measurable so he’ll get taken early, don’t know that he has the other tools needed to be a great QB.

Feels like you just described Stephen McGee. 

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Feels like you just described Stephen McGee. 

One of the Aggie-est thing I’ve ever seen was McGee jumping up to get in Sergio Kindle’s face and talk shit immediately after Kindle sacked him, with his team getting run out of the building. It was kind of perfect. 

• Hook 'Em 1