2024 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

These guys are good at piecing together mock drafts based on compiling info the nfl insiders drop, doing their own evals, studying roster, personnel department, and cap dynamics

1) Caleb Williams
2) Drake Maye
3) Jayden Daniels
4) Marvin Harris Jr
5) Trade (Minnesota) JJ McCarthy
6) Rome Odunze
7) Malik Nabers
'8) Dallas Turner
9) Brock Bowers
10) Joe Alt
11) Trade (Chargers) Taliese Fuaga
12) Jared Verse
13) Amarius Mims
14) Byron Murphy II
15) Quinyon Mitchell
16) Jackson Powers-Johnson
17) Brian Thomas Jr
18) JC Latham
19) Terrion Arnold
20) Olu Fashanu
21) Troy Fautanu
22) Cooper DeJean
23) Trade (Carolina trades Brian Burns to Houston for this pick) AD Mitchell
24) Jerzon Newton
25) Kool-aid McKinstry
26) Nate Wiggins
27) Laiatu Latu
28) Chop Robinson
29) Trade (KC trades L'darius Sneed to Detroit for this pick) Xavier Worthy
30) Graham Barton
31) Tyler Guyton
32) Keon Coleman

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xavier Worthy to KC at #32 is going to be a popular mock

Chop vs Latu is an interesting debate (I think Houston would take Darius Robinson over both)

Atlanta trading up to draft Daniels seems unlikely to me. I think it's much more likely they buy the best free agent QB on the market (probably Cousins) and then draft Dallas Turner, who's a perfect fit for their defense

5 hours ago, Fud said:

Xavier Worthy to KC at #32 is going to be a popular mock

Chop vs Latu is an interesting debate (I think Houston would take Darius Robinson over both)

Atlanta trading up to draft Daniels seems unlikely to me. I think it's much more likely they buy the best free agent QB on the market (probably Cousins) and then draft Dallas Turner, who's a perfect fit for their defense

I don't think he'll still be there at #32 after that combine, but it would be hilarious if the rest of the NFL let it happen. The rich get richer.

On 3/3/2024 at 3:26 PM, LTtxfan said:

San Francisco and Green Bay in great shape to add more quality players to their rosters...

NFL Teams With Most Picks In The 2024 NFL Draft

As stated above, the 2024 NFL Draft begins on Thursday, April 25, 2024, and ends on Saturday, April 27, 2024.

Below, you will see the teams that have the most picks in the 2024 NFL Draft, with expected compensatory picks.

1. Arizona Cardinals (13 Picks)

The Arizona Cardinals will enter the 2024 NFL Draft with the most draft picks at 13.

After trading out of the third spot in last year’s draft, the Houston Texans gave Arizona future draft picks in this year’s draft, including a first-round pick (27th) and a third-round pick (90th).

That gives the Cardinals six picks inside the top 90, including the fourth overall pick.

What Arizona plans to do with that pick remains a mystery.

However, selecting the best wide receiver prospect in Marvin Harrison Jr. seems like the most logical selection for a team that does not need a quarterback.

Arizona being able to select Harrison Jr will depend on what the Patriots do with the third pick in the draft.

If QBs go 1-3, the Cardinals are in a prime spot to give Kyler Murray the best WR in the draft.

Marvin Harrison Jr has the upside to be an elite WR in the league.

Arizona can use the 27th pick to trade up in the draft if they like a player or trade down to accumulate more draft capital.

The Cardinals are in an excellent spot to boost their team.

2. San Francisco 49ers & Green Bay Packers (11 Picks)

The San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers are projected to each have 11 picks in the upcoming 2024 NFL Draft.

Green Bay will have the better picks as they will have two second-round picks (one from the Aaron Rodgers trade) and two third-round picks (one from the Rasul Douglas trade).

Green Bay should also gain three compensatory picks.

The Packers shocked the Cowboys in the NFC Wild Card round and stomped them.

They also played very well in the NFC Championship game against the 49ers, which they could have easily won.

Green Bay is an up-and-coming team that will just get better this offseason.
As for the 49ers, they will first pick at 31st and again at the end of the second round.

But they should gain four compensatory picks in this year’s draft, including an extra third-round pick with Jimmy Garoppolo leaving.

They also gained an extra fourth-round pick from the Cowboys in the Trey Lance trade this past season.

San Francisco made it to the Super Bowl last year and will have a lot of draft capital to boost their roster more.

3. Washington Commanders (Nine Total Picks)

Six of the nine draft picks the Commanders hold are top 105 picks.

They hold the number two overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Washington will likely draft a QB, most likely Jayden Daniels number two overall.

They also now have the draft capital to boost their team and help Daniels in his rookie season.

NFL Teams With Least Amount Of Picks In The 2024 NFL Draft

Now, we will get into the teams with the least amount of picks in the 2024 NFL Draft.

It is a four-way tie between teams with the least amount of draft picks in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Chicago Bears, Miami Dolphins, Carolina Panthers, & Denver Broncos (Six Picks)

All four of these teams are expected to have the fewest amount of draft picks in the 2024 NFL Draft, with six picks.

The Bears, however, are in the best spot with two picks in the top nine, including the number one overall pick.

After that selection, they won’t pick again until the third round because they sent a second-round pick to Washington in the Montez Sweat deal.

The Broncos (12th) and Dolphins (21st) still have their first-round picks, while the Panthers will first pick at 33rd after giving up their 2024 first-round pick in last year’s draft for quarterback Bryce Young.

All four of these teams are also not expected to gain any compensatory picks in the 2024 NFL Draft, which further explains why they might have the fewest draft picks.

https://thesportsdaily.com/news/which-teams-have-the-most-picks-in-the-2024-nfl-draft/#:~:text=NFL Teams With Most Picks In The 2024,... 3 3. Washington Commanders (Nine Total Picks)

Daniel Jeremiah said yesterday that this year's NFL Combine did not disappoint.

• "Good depth in this draft at QB, WR, OT, and CBs"
  • He expects early 1st Rd picks to be loaded with QBs, OTs, and WRs

I don't know if I would put him that low in the rankings, but watching tape on Drake Maye I see a QB that doesn't have a lot of power in his arm. The ball looks slow in the air compared to other college QBs, and guys like that tend to do fairly poorly at the NFL level. He also underthrows a lot of balls, but playing against a lot of subpar defenses allows more room for errors at the NCAA level.  However, strength is something you can build and improve upon at any level, but I would not be happy if my team spent a 1st on him.  

Can someone explain why Terrion Arnold is getting projected in the top ten?  Admittedly most of my perception is colored by him getting roasted by Texas’ receivers in September, but he doesn’t seem like an athletic freak and defaulted to pass interference whenever he was getting beat.  He wasn’t even the best CB on his own team this past year.  

Did seem great in run support though.

I'm surely biased by PTSD, but I'd rank Penix higher.
I would most definitely have him above Bo Nix. Having Nix at 3 seems insane to me, but there are several successful/semi-successful NFL QB's that I thought would never make it past their initial contract...which means I'll never be an NFL GM or scout.

7 hours ago, The Dog said:

image.thumb.png.cbcbb17a5a18ab6d61090290cfe25bf1.png

I like simms but he sucks at this.  

6 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I don't know if I would put him that low in the rankings, but watching tape on Drake Maye I see a QB that doesn't have a lot of power in his arm. The ball looks slow in the air compared to other college QBs, and guys like that tend to do fairly poorly at the NFL level. He also underthrows a lot of balls, but playing against a lot of subpar defenses allows more room for errors at the NCAA level.  However, strength is something you can build and improve upon at any level, but I would not be happy if my team spent a 1st on him.  

Arm strength is there.  Issue is the reads

Greg Cosell talking about McCarthy- 

"To me personally, just based on film, I did not see him as a first type player in terms of traits and talent"

"He was a system QB at Michigan"

"He's a developmental QB"

"Often at Michigan on 3rd and long the coaching staff took the ball out of his hands or threw a screen, and that always stands out to me when I watch tape

"He's not a high level arm talent guy, he needs  his entire body to really drive the ball with juice, he needs that firm base"

"Talent wise you have some concerns about him"

When asked why people rate him so highly, "That M on his helmet and he wins"

• Hook 'Em 1

Greg Cosell doesn't watch much Michigan football. Michigan was screen adverse. Drove me nuts when you would have numbers on the outside and they would still run it up the middle. But no they didn't take it out of his hands "often" on 3rd and long. 

I can really only think of one play that they ran it on 3rd and long and that was against penn state when they were in the middle of 30 straight runs. 

3 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Greg Cosell doesn't watch much Michigan football. Michigan was screen adverse. Drove me nuts when you would have numbers on the outside and they would still run it up the middle. But no they didn't take it out of his hands "often" on 3rd and long. 

I can really only think of one play that they ran it on 3rd and long and that was against penn state when they were in the middle of 30 straight runs. 

He watched every passing play on coach's tape, and he's probably the best film evaluator you'll get in the public space

You can argue with his opinion, but arguing that he didn't do the work would be a mistake 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

"To me personally, just based on film, I did not see him as a first type player in terms of traits and talent"

"Often at Michigan on 3rd and long the coaching staff took the ball out of his hands or threw a screen, and that always stands out to me when I watch tape

"He's not a high level arm talent guy, he needs  his entire body to really drive the ball with juice, he needs that firm base"

This is just flat out wrong lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

He watched every passing play on coach's tape, and he's probably the best film evaluator you'll get in the public space

You can argue with his opinion, but arguing that he didn't do the work would be a mistake 

Here is the chart from the Ohio State game. Probably the game that Michigan ran the most of their playbook. 

https://mgoblog.com/content/upon-further-review-2023-offense-vs-ohio-state

They had 7 chances at 3rd and 5 of more. They passed 6 of those times, and ran once. The run was with a minute left and they were already in FG range so they ran to make Ohio State use a time out. 

Not sure if he was trying to be dramatic, or fuel his take, but to say Michigan "often" went away from JJ is flat out wrong. 

Did they run it on 3rd down when they were crushing teams like Michigan state? Probably, but Michigan was not afraid to go to JJ when they needed to, in fact when they needed a big play, they went to JJ more often than not. 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

JJ has elite meditation rate while cameras are watching.

I am pretty sure I saw him floating at the combine. The big question is if the team is willing to take a timeout when they get to the redzone so he can recenter. 

12 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I like simms but he sucks at this.  

Arm strength is there.  Issue is the reads

Simms was pretty insistent about CJ Stroud over Bryce Young before and after all the S2 score shit. 

1 minute ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Simms was pretty insistent about CJ Stroud over Bryce Young before and after all the S2 score shit. 

He also had Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

Here is the chart from the Ohio State game. Probably the game that Michigan ran the most of their playbook. 

https://mgoblog.com/content/upon-further-review-2023-offense-vs-ohio-state

They had 7 chances at 3rd and 5 of more. They passed 6 of those times, and ran once. The run was with a minute left and they were already in FG range so they ran to make Ohio State use a time out. 

Not sure if he was trying to be dramatic, or fuel his take, but to say Michigan "often" went away from JJ is flat out wrong. 

Did they run it on 3rd down when they were crushing teams like Michigan state? Probably, but Michigan was not afraid to go to JJ when they needed to, in fact when they needed a big play, they went to JJ more often than not. 

Your ability to be a blind homer in the face of contradicting evidence that you post is truly impressive.

The first 3 3rd and 5+ on the game chart you posted were WR screen, QB run, and a short pass to the RB.

That’s exactly what Cosell was talking about. They didn’t ask/trust him to drop back and drive the ball down the field very often. 

18 hours ago, Professor Chesney said:

Can someone explain why Terrion Arnold is getting projected in the top ten?  Admittedly most of my perception is colored by him getting roasted by Texas’ receivers in September, but he doesn’t seem like an athletic freak and defaulted to pass interference whenever he was getting beat.  He wasn’t even the best CB on his own team this past year.  

Did seem great in run support though.

Alabama/Saban hype, great measurables, willingness to be aggressiveness in the running game. Those are things they're valuing him for, never minding the premise that he can't cover for shit and will get roasted repeatedly in the passing game. It's good that that shit isn't important at CB though. 

I think Arnold is going to be the biggest bust of the non-QBs taken in the first round. 

2 hours ago, Fud said:

That's a really weird take for one of the draft gurus. It's almost like he's reading this board and copying our idiotic shit. 

Seriously, I think he's the only guy seeing McCarthy straight in this draft cycle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

So was everyone else with at least 1 good eye.

I didn't know Stroud would be as good as he was, but I damn sure knew he'd be a better NFL QB than a slight-of-frame midget.

43 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So was everyone else with at least 1 good eye.

I didn't know Stroud would be as good as he was, but I damn sure knew he'd be a better NFL QB than a slight-of-frame midget.

Most of the industry and NFL had Young over Stroud, I think. It was probably something like 60/35/5 Young/Stroud/Richardson 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Most of the industry and NFL had Young over Stroud, I think. It was probably something like 60/35/5 Young/Stroud/Richardson 

And?  I mean that's just classic group think. 

GM's and pundits rarely go against the grain in evaluating players.  Drafting a player "everyone else" thought would be good give a lot of cover.

CJ led Bryce in almost every category in both his Soph and Jr. years.

image.png.822b52a855c26aefd5ea795dfad26215.png

Plus, he's at least 4 inches taller and 15 lbs. heavier.  Not sure how you put all that into your draft analyzer and come away with Bryce Young as your top choice.  

36 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The only thing worse than Simm’s hot takes is his fade. 

Note:  In games. 

I used to go watch practice when he was on campus, and he would hit every throw.  It was uncanny how accurate he was in practice...but on gameday he turtled.

10 hours ago, Juicy said:

There were four times in the Penn State game in non-garbage time situations when it was 3rd and 6 or longer, and Michigan ran the ball.  (FWIW, one of those runs produced a TD.)  I remembered watching a good chunk of that game and thinking that Michigan ran quite a bit when in 3rd and long.  Not that it didn't make sense -- with a good ground game, a very good defense, and a lead on the road, I probably would have been inclined to run the ball more than normal in 3rd and long situations as well.  

2Q  3rd and 11 at PSU22    Shotgun Edwards,Donovan rush middle for 22 yards gain to the PSU00 TOUCHDOWN, clock 06:07, 1ST DOWN.

3Q  3rd and 10 at PSU10    No Huddle-Shotgun Edwards,Donovan rush left for 6 yards gain to the PSU04 (Reed,Jaylen), out of bounds.

4Q  3rd and 6 at MIC7    Shotgun Edwards,Donovan rush right for 5 yards gain to the MICH12 (King,Kobe; Reed,Jaylen).

4Q  3rd and 10 at PSU43    Shotgun Edwards,Donovan rush middle for 1 yard loss to the PSU44 (Isaac,Adisa).

I don't know if Michigan tended to run on third and medium-to-long more than normal for the rest of the season because I didn't watch that much UM football.  But the Wolverines did take the ball out of McCarthy's hands quite a bit on third and long in the Penn State game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Fud said:

I certainly didn't watch a lot of UM football the past couple seasons, but when I did, McCarthy didn't impress me that much.  Not that he was bad -- he just didn't wow me.  Maybe I just happened to watch at the wrong times, but I didn't see too many throws that made me sit up and take notice.  That said, he did his job and played within their system.  Didn't turn the ball over much (only 4 picks last season).  It made sense for Michigan to lean more on their ground game, their behemoth O-line, and the defense.    

11 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

There were four times in the Penn State game in non-garbage time situations when it was 3rd and 6 or longer, and Michigan ran the ball.  (FWIW, one of those runs produced a TD.)  I remembered watching a good chunk of that game and thinking that Michigan ran quite a bit when in 3rd and long.  Not that it didn't make sense -- with a good ground game, a very good defense, and a lead on the road, I probably would have been inclined to run the ball more than normal in 3rd and long situations as well.  

2Q  3rd and 11 at PSU22    Shotgun Edwards,Donovan rush middle for 22 yards gain to the PSU00 TOUCHDOWN, clock 06:07, 1ST DOWN.

3Q  3rd and 10 at PSU10    No Huddle-Shotgun Edwards,Donovan rush left for 6 yards gain to the PSU04 (Reed,Jaylen), out of bounds.

4Q  3rd and 6 at MIC7    Shotgun Edwards,Donovan rush right for 5 yards gain to the MICH12 (King,Kobe; Reed,Jaylen).

4Q  3rd and 10 at PSU43    Shotgun Edwards,Donovan rush middle for 1 yard loss to the PSU44 (Isaac,Adisa).

I don't know if Michigan tended to run on third and medium-to-long more than normal for the rest of the season because I didn't watch that much UM football.  But the Wolverines did take the ball out of McCarthy's hands quite a bit on third and long in the Penn State game. 

The penn state game was a bit of an outlier because JJ was hurt the week before at Maryland, and they ran the ball 27 straight times once penn state proved that they couldn't stop it. 

In the penn state game they absolutely took it out of JJs hands, the rest of the season not so much. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Juicy said:

The penn state game was a bit of an outlier because JJ was hurt the week before at Maryland, and they ran the ball 27 straight times once penn state proved that they couldn't stop it. 

In the penn state game they absolutely took it out of JJs hands, the rest of the season not so much. 

For someone who claims to watch a lot of Michigan football, you should at least have a clue about their schedule.

Michigan played Maryland ... wait for it ... after the Penn State game. You fucking shill. The guy's performance, and the program's decision to take the ball out of his hands during that key second half against PSU, had zero to do with Maryland, or a fucking injury from the Maryland game. Your entire premise in this prior post is pathetically incorrect. Even for a clown like you, that shit is hard to do.

Negged. And shut the fuck up with the weak defending of your imaginary lover, JJ McCarthy. You can't do anything with the facts so now you're either turning to fantasy or gaslighting, neither of which the rest of us are interested in seeing clog up this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4